Author Topic: DK Signal/Opsis Information Thread  (Read 212013 times)

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
Re: DK Signal Information Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 02:16:05 PM »
If you take an allen wrench and loosen the seat post clamp, you should be able to raise and lower the seat via the post.  The seat post has a mark near the bottom that designates the highest you can adjust it without causing the seat post to fail. If you need to go higher than that, then you'd have to find a longer seat post.

Offline Richud

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 06:36:21 PM »
Anyone any idea Where/When i can get one of the new '08 models in the U.K? :huh:

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 06:44:50 AM »
My Signal with a few upgrades.

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 05:16:29 AM »
Stem: 40 mm reach - 11.5oz

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 03:46:52 AM »
Soul Cycle has a photo of the 2008 BLUE DK SIGNAL...

https://www.soulcycle.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1&cat=complete%20bikes&catalogid=11421

I like that MUCH better than the purple/white personally.   The purple/white looks more "street", while the blue to me looks more "flat".   They also have the parts set up more "flat" in the blue/black photo as well.  Notice that the seat isn't "slammed" like with the purple one.

VERY NICE!!!

Offline Equanimity

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 08:06:45 PM »
wow that looks loads better in blue

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 07:48:06 AM »
i actually like the purple, looks better in person. its a metallic color as well. the seat can always be un-slammed... lol just raise it up
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

Offline squiddon

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2007, 01:02:03 PM »
Hi guys, just joined.  I've owned a Signal for a couple of years (Olive 05?) but I think I've just run the cranks into the ground, I'm thinking I definately need new cranks and bearings.  I was wondering what a good 3 piece set would be for the signal and how the hell do I get the one piece off the bike in the first place?  Cheers  :beer:

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2007, 01:30:24 PM »
To remove one piece cranks...
loosen rear wheel nuts
undo chain off sprocket
remove non sprocket side pedal
remove plastic dust cover
undo first locknut
remove washer between the two locknuts
undo second locknut that seats the bearings
remove the bearings
then the entire crank assembly will slide out of that massive US bb

Offline Andy Marsh(Mallow)

• Backpacker
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2007, 01:04:38 AM »
that massive US bb

haha.  You make US BBs sound so obsolete.  Made me laugh.  I have a US also, so I'm not making fun or anything, but it cracked me up.   ^_^   
being small has it's advantages... :mellow:

NoSweatShop.com" BORDER="0

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2007, 02:19:59 AM »
Well, my Signal came in today  ;D ;D but my dad wont let me have it until christmas.  :P :P
dont mind though since i just got off crutches today, and its freezing out. so i got until spring with this thing in my basement lmao.  :ph34r:

I was thinking about what to do to it. please recommend what is THE BEST! i got some cash saved up- a few hundred. so money isnt that much of a problem.

1. Tires- something light, scuffable, and has a very high psi rating.

2. Gearing- essentially i want a gear ratio of 1/1 or close to it. maybe something a bit bigger so that i wont have THAT low of a top speed- but torque is essential.

3. Cranks- something short and light- 3 piece?  whatever is best

4. Maybe some new brakes if the stock ones wont lock very well. anybody know how good they are? also- im not going to run brakeless. its too hard when riding in the street to get wherever im going. did it once on my old bike- nearly got hit by a car, and messed up my shoes lmao.

5. Anything else you guys recommend :ph34r: :ph34r: :beer: :beer:!

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2007, 04:34:03 AM »
Most of the stuff I'd just wait til "wear and tear' set in.  With the tires though you'll see a big improvement in handling and weight by going with a premium set like the Ody Chase G tires or the KHE models.  I prefer the ones around 1.75"

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2007, 02:57:42 AM »
Well I got my Signal today  ;D ;D. I will get some pics up soon. First thing I did was remove all of the Reflectors and Chain Guard. After about 30 Minutes of riding up and down my block (easily since I just got of crutches) my brake pads started to stick much better. Everything seems to be A OK except my front brake seems to kind of "CLICK" when i pull it in. It doesn't have any affect on performance,  so I'm not worried about it. I'm not sure if its just me, but it feels like the tires keep deflating ever so slightly, but I think its just me being paranoid. I like the thread pattern on the tires, but they definitely look cheap, and i cant find a brand on them. I will buy some KHE's soon enough though, as I don't think this thread will last TOO long.  :ph34r: :ph34r:
Overall, everything is good. Compared to my old bike, tricks are MUCH easier (I had some bike who's name i do not know of which weighed WAY more then this- but i now have the strength!), and i got my Fork Glide about 75% dialed, but i just cant seem to keep it that straight. I'm still working on my Dork Wheelie, and it seems to be coming out pretty good. i am right at the balance point, but if I'm right below it, I pull back to hard and I am forced to bail out.

Happy Riding,
David Xerri

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2008, 04:45:51 AM »
Anyone know the status of the 08' Signals?  Last I heard they were hard to come by.  I'm assuming that the demand was more than DK had anticipated and they are waiting for more to be made?

Anyone have any pictures of one of the blue ones taken in person?

Offline MHMike

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2008, 10:21:06 AM »
Where can I buy a Signal from? I can't find it on Flatlandfuel.com or on any other sites.