Author Topic: DK Signal/Opsis Information Thread  (Read 211950 times)

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: DK Signal/Opsis Information Thread
« Reply #270 on: July 29, 2012, 04:44:23 AM »
BTW the opsis says it has a freecoaster hub - but i thought they were supposed to click loud - mine is silent. And it doesnttake off right away either is this a different style freecoaster?

Most freecoasters don't click. Cassette hubs click. Freecoasters don't engage instantly because they have a gap. The gap is what saves you when going backwards and not getting caught up in backpedal.

Offline scapegoat

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2012, 08:18:29 PM »
but i thought they were supposed to click loud - mine is silent. And it doesnttake off right away either is this a different style freecoaster?

Nah -the thing that clicks is called a Free Wheel -there are little teeth called "pawls" inside what cause the clicking sound.  The Free Coaster is kind of a modified coaster brake design without the braking feature -it's what allows you to roll backwards and not have the pedals engaged thereby allowing you to set your landing pedal where you want it and it'll still be in that position when you go to ride out of a backward rolling trick and also the back pedaling won't catch you in the back of the knee or ankle in the middle of a trick.
The reason it doesn't take off right away is more complex -there are usually a series of washers inside a Free Coaster that determine how much "slack" is in your crank before it engages. More washers equal faster engaging and less washers mean you can turn your cranks more rotation before the hub engages allowing you to rotate pedals in either direction without having any backpedaling at all (think being able to reach down and setting the pedals in the middle of a trick)
Now all that being said, if I remember right that the Taska hub on the Opsis might not even have washers or adjustable slack. Either way, you'll want to switch that Taska hub out sooner than later I'd bet ;)

Offline hydrodancer

« Reply #272 on: August 01, 2012, 07:32:48 AM »
What's the difference between the 2011 and 2012 Opsis?

Offline scapegoat

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #273 on: August 03, 2012, 04:07:23 AM »
I'd shoot an email over to Flatlandfuel for that one -I'm sure they have all those details on the new Opsis versus last years ;)

Offline IRIE

« Reply #274 on: August 03, 2012, 07:42:44 PM »
Thanks scapegoat and paradox... I was a little confused on the lingo ;  )

Offline hydrodancer

« Reply #275 on: August 06, 2012, 06:54:32 PM »
Here's the response I got from DK about the difference between the 2011 and 2012 Opsis.

No much really, the spec is almost identical, mainly the color and graphics. There was a price difference in the two, that had to do mainly with the cost of materials going up.

Jesse

Offline NME

« Reply #276 on: February 08, 2013, 12:39:38 AM »
Does anyone have a pair of the stock pegs from one of these units they may want to get rid of?

Offline Napajs13

« Reply #277 on: April 04, 2013, 09:00:07 AM »
Anyone got detailed specs for the 2013 Opsis yet?

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #278 on: April 04, 2013, 10:58:36 AM »

2013 OpsisDetailed Description
TT: 19" | CS: 13.363" | HT: 75° | ST: 70° | Weight: 27.75lbs

4130 Chromoly Main Frame DK Flatland Design4130 Chromoly Steer Tube 1-1/8” Threadless w/ Internal Fork Lug
DK Design 2-pc Bars
3-pc Tubular Chromoly 160mm Cranks
MID Sealed BB
DK 28/14T Gearing
Alloy Rear Hub with 14T Freecoaster
1.95” High Pressure 110 PSI Tires w/ Alloy Rims
DK Tsuka Grips
Alloy Front Load Stem
Double Side Sealed Bearings, Integrated 1-1/8” Headset
Steel Nuvo Gyro
KMC Z510 Chain
2-Finger Cast Alloy Brake Lever
Alloy U-brake w/ Green Sticky Compound Pads
DK Nylon/Fiber Pedals
Plastic Pivotal Seat
Alloy Axle Pegs (4)

Offline Isop

• Forkglider
    • Portfolio
« Reply #279 on: May 22, 2013, 02:22:16 AM »
Picked up a 11" white Opsis about three months ago for $200. Dude wanted to unload it due to moving and lack of use. Brand. Spanking. New. Dude only stripped the stickers off. Tires still had the mold nipples on them and smelt factory. My first "new school" ride in about a little over a decade. So glad to be back on a frame, feels so good. Took a while to get used to the diff geo, not used to the twitchy, lol.
"This fight brought to you by Xyience, extreme lawsuits for extreme corporate failures."

"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike!!"

"Vitor Belforts BJJ is like the nucleus of an atom, people say it exists but, no ones actually seen it."

"For we walk by faith, not by sight."

Offline Darkslide426

« Reply #280 on: July 21, 2013, 01:37:18 PM »
Why is the DK Opsis not on the website anymore? Are they planning on releasing a new 2014 model soon?

Offline orangeM77T

« Reply #281 on: July 22, 2013, 03:44:30 AM »
I asked Flatlandfuel earlier today about one, and they said it is discontinued. 

Offline Darkslide426

« Reply #282 on: July 22, 2013, 01:28:27 PM »
I asked Flatlandfuel earlier today about one, and they said it is discontinued.

wow, that's a bummer!

Offline Isop

• Forkglider
    • Portfolio
« Reply #283 on: July 29, 2013, 05:58:12 AM »
Albe's still has them, and I believe there's a 10% coupon code floating around, too.
"This fight brought to you by Xyience, extreme lawsuits for extreme corporate failures."

"The only thing I'm good at is riding this bike!!"

"Vitor Belforts BJJ is like the nucleus of an atom, people say it exists but, no ones actually seen it."

"For we walk by faith, not by sight."

Offline Darkslide426

« Reply #284 on: July 30, 2013, 07:39:34 AM »
I selected the color then said sold out.