Author Topic: DK Signal/Opsis Information Thread  (Read 212033 times)

Offline scapegoat

• Hitchhiker
Re: DK Signal/Opsis Information Thread
« Reply #240 on: March 23, 2011, 12:49:31 PM »
hey, guys. some advice needed. which batch of parts would you upgrade first? based on the comments here, i guess one of the first would be the freecoaster? :)

I'd definitely recommend getting a new freecoaster but you might get lucky with it for a while -mine lasted a good six months.  If you want to save on weight I'd say the sprocket would be next to go as this one is solid steel.  The brakes are a bit cheap but they work pretty well, the stem weighs a bit too (but it's a decent quality one) ...over all it's actually a fairly rockin' ride. 

Offline wolfpuppet

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #241 on: March 23, 2011, 12:58:58 PM »
thanks, scapegoat! six months is not bad. that gives me time to save up for a nankai. :ph34r: how's the front hub and pegs?

Offline scapegoat

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #242 on: March 23, 2011, 01:16:56 PM »
The pegs aren't quite as nice as Colony or Suelo but they are a bit lighter -I actually kept mine on and will ride them to nubs hahah I went the super light route though since I'm a short, light guy (my last ride was an old 33lb Dyno with a monster wheel base) I switched out the seat and post for an Ody Senior pivotal and got some light Primo Comet tires too.  One more thing you may consider is a chain tensioner or two since the Opsis does not come with them -super handy gadgets ;)

Offline durmiller

« Reply #243 on: March 24, 2011, 12:39:35 AM »
I was checking flatlandfuel for cool stuff for my Opsis, thought I'd add a little color while shaving some weight. I got curious and looked through chains. Am I missing something? All the chains I saw were heavier than the stock 2010 chain, and some are "Light" or "super Light."

Offline scapegoat

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #244 on: March 24, 2011, 12:54:56 AM »
The chains you buy from Flatland Fuel are most likely full length incase you have a nice dinner plate sized 44t sprocket and a 16t freewheel lol so when you take all those unnecessary links of they will actually weigh less.

Offline wolfpuppet

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #245 on: March 24, 2011, 06:12:30 AM »
The pegs aren't quite as nice as Colony or Suelo but they are a bit lighter -I actually kept mine on and will ride them to nubs hahah I went the super light route though since I'm a short, light guy (my last ride was an old 33lb Dyno with a monster wheel base) I switched out the seat and post for an Ody Senior pivotal and got some light Primo Comet tires too.  One more thing you may consider is a chain tensioner or two since the Opsis does not come with them -super handy gadgets ;)

Awesome! Thanks.  :beer:

Offline wolfpuppet

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #246 on: March 24, 2011, 09:28:54 AM »
I need one last favor, guys. Can anyone be so kind as to measure the box it comes in? (L, W, H)

I'm having it sent to a forwarding company, and they need to know the box dimensions before sending me a shipping quote.

Offline scapegoat

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #247 on: March 24, 2011, 12:37:05 PM »
shoot an email off to the place you are buying it -if they don't answer back today, I'll let you know the dimensions when I get home from work.

Offline scapegoat

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #248 on: March 24, 2011, 11:04:39 PM »
I need one last favor, guys. Can anyone be so kind as to measure the box it comes in? (L, W, H)

8.5 x 22.5 x 43.5 -not sure if you need to round up or any of that jive

Offline wolfpuppet

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #249 on: March 25, 2011, 07:40:49 AM »

8.5 x 22.5 x 43.5 -not sure if you need to round up or any of that jive

Thanks a heap, dude! I actually sent an email to a seller, but they haven't gotten back to me, so this is cool. Cheers!

Offline durmiller

« Reply #250 on: March 27, 2011, 06:08:56 PM »
Do all of the Animal Sprocky Balboas fit the Opsis crank? I noticed that Empire Bmx has this sprocket in other sizes, rather than the one at FF. I am interested in replacing the steel sprocket with aluminum but want don't want the smaller gear up front since I am street riding as well and like to get speed up. I am just unsure if the outer ring/teeth is the only difference.

Offline scapegoat

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #251 on: March 30, 2011, 04:25:17 AM »
I imagine as long as it is not microdrive it should work fine.  Some of the 24t and smaller ones may require filing the bolt I've heard.  You might be able to find a thread on the forum about sprockets and which ones may have to be jimmied but yeah -the crank is a typical standard three piece so most stuff will work on it.

Offline durmiller

« Reply #252 on: April 02, 2011, 01:52:25 AM »
Has anyone noticed that when you pull the rear brake lever that the gyro comes up and hits the front of the head and then the rear of the gyro comes up further making it uneven? I was curious to see if I could flip the head upside down. So , I did it. I noticed that this puts the mounting position of the handle bars maybe a quarter of half inch higher. Since the bars are short to me I find that to be a good thing. The gyro now operates without contacting anything. Has anyone else done this?

Offline durmiller

« Reply #253 on: April 02, 2011, 02:51:20 AM »
I believe that I mean to say "stem" rather than "head."

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #254 on: April 02, 2011, 03:19:59 PM »
Do all of the Animal Sprocky Balboas fit the Opsis crank? I noticed that Empire Bmx has this sprocket in other sizes, rather than the one at FF. I am interested in replacing the steel sprocket with aluminum but want don't want the smaller gear up front since I am street riding as well and like to get speed up. I am just unsure if the outer ring/teeth is the only difference.

I ran a 32 Sprocky Balboa up front on my Opsis! ;D
"A puppet no more!"