Author Topic: DK Signal/Opsis Information Thread  (Read 212032 times)

Offline booism

Re: DK Signal/Opsis Information Thread
« Reply #180 on: July 12, 2010, 08:58:17 PM »
I purchased mine through danscomp 2 weeks ago and have been monitoring
my credit card account and no problems yet. I bought the bike before I saw the thread
about people having those problems with danscomp, It's been posted on another forum
as well, I'm sure danscomp has adressed the issue. About the bike though, It's the best bike
for flat you can get for that price(and probably the only one). good luck with your purchase!

Offline thedilanger

« Reply #181 on: July 13, 2010, 06:53:37 AM »
so im guessing that nobody knows if the 24 tooth St. Martin English Srocket will work with the stock opsis cranks?

Offline mksteez

• Forkglider
« Reply #182 on: July 13, 2010, 09:46:10 PM »
so im guessing that nobody knows if the 24 tooth St. Martin English Srocket will work with the stock opsis cranks?

I think it'll work bro because i upgraded to a 9T hub and a 23T sprocket. Pat from flatlandfuel says i can use a 23T to 25T on the opsis cranks

Offline thedilanger

« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2010, 06:12:28 PM »
I think it'll work bro because i upgraded to a 9T hub and a 23T sprocket. Pat from flatlandfuel says i can use a 23T to 25T on the opsis cranks

Thanks a lot. i also upgraded to a 9t hub and I'm now planning to go down a few teeth on the sprocket. i'll post a pic of my bike when I'm done. That white one looks real nice. Kinda makes me wish i didn't get the gray

Offline mksteez

• Forkglider
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2010, 10:03:30 PM »

Thanks a lot. i also upgraded to a 9t hub and I'm now planning to go down a few teeth on the sprocket. i'll post a pic of my bike when I'm done. That white one looks real nice. Kinda makes me wish i didn't get the gray

no problem. haha i know, i wish i couldve gotten the white one also.

Offline FlatlandNoob

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2010, 10:06:19 PM »
w000t my opsis just got here and im happier then i had expected. Sucks tho cuz now i have to go to walmart later on and buy me a sh*t load of expensive tools... sigh....

Offline Olds Cool

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2010, 04:24:06 AM »
I ran a 20/9 on my Opsis with different cranks.

Offline FlatlandNoob

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2010, 06:21:39 PM »
Can someone help me with my back tire? Well i just got my bike and im trying to add on the pegs it came with but i cant manage to take off the lugs. Call me a pussy or w/e but i dont have enough strengt to remove them so im starting to think im doing something wrong. Righty tighty lefty loosy still applys to the lugs at the back tire right? Im growing fustrated lol and hoping someone can help me. I wanna ride this damn thing already but i cant.

Offline aikinetic

« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2010, 09:30:52 PM »
Can someone help me with my back tire? Well i just got my bike and im trying to add on the pegs it came with but i cant manage to take off the lugs. Call me a pussy or w/e but i dont have enough strengt to remove them so im starting to think im doing something wrong. Righty tighty lefty loosy still applys to the lugs at the back tire right? Im growing fustrated lol and hoping someone can help me. I wanna ride this damn thing already but i cant.

You got the righty tighty, lefty loosey part correct. I think you just need to get a rachet with a longer handle to give you a lil more torque. or you could always set up the rachet to loosen, then take a rubber mallet to the rachet (caveman style :D)

Offline FlatlandNoob

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »

You got the righty tighty, lefty loosey part correct. I think you just need to get a rachet with a longer handle to give you a lil more torque. or you could always set up the rachet to loosen, then take a rubber mallet to the rachet (caveman style :D)
i got it but thnx ill keep that in mind. I hurt my hand and wrist a bit but at least i can ride my bike now lol.

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #190 on: July 16, 2010, 07:58:51 PM »

I asked Pat from FF about this very thing just the other week...You can fit a standard drive 22t sprocket on the stock 2010 Opsis cranks but it has to be a standard drive 22t sprocket,can't be a 22t micro sprocket.

I asked which ones on FF would work and he said the Animal Sprocky Balboa would work fine

http://www.flatlandfuel.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1075
Losers always whine about their best,winners go home and f*ck the prom queen!

Offline thedilanger

« Reply #191 on: July 17, 2010, 08:25:52 PM »
thanks for all the help guys. i had ordered the St. Martin English Sprocket about 2 days ago. Did he say that the animal sprocky balboa was the ONLY one that would fit? or was it more of a recommendation? I wouldnt mind modifying the St. Martin to fit, i just want to know what to expect when it arrives

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2010, 09:03:28 PM »
Generally speaking any sprocket 23t and up will fit on any crank arm...you don't get into micro and nano gearing untill you get to 22t and below but some companies make 22t standard drive sprockets...The Animal Sprocky Balboa is a 22t standard drive sprocket so it will fit on the stock 2010 Opsis cranks...if you bought a 22t micro or nano drive sprocket it would not fit on the stock 2010 Opsis cranks.

The actual message Pat from FF sent me

"22T standard drive is the smallest you can go. (beware that some 22T are micro drive)."

And then I asked him about some of the sprockets on FF...

"Quote from: Scuffy on June 11, 2010, 03:24:30 AM
Thanks,I wasn't aware that some 22t sprockets were micro drive.

Could you tell me some 22t sprockets that you sell that will work with my stock Opsis cranks?

What about the 22t Animal Sprocky Balboa sprocket?

23t Quamen Stylez "S"?

A 23t Shadow Lighter sprocket?"

And he replied with this to say...

"all of those will work. Also check out the Nice brand sprocket. Sometimes with 22s your chain may rub the sprocket bolt a tiny bit. If that happens you just have to grind or dremel the outside of the bolt a little."

Offline thedilanger

« Reply #193 on: July 18, 2010, 07:34:56 AM »
Generally speaking any sprocket 23t and up will fit on any crank arm...you don't get into micro and nano gearing untill you get to 22t and below but some companies make 22t standard drive sprockets...The Animal Sprocky Balboa is a 22t standard drive sprocket so it will fit on the stock 2010 Opsis cranks...if you bought a 22t micro or nano drive sprocket it would not fit on the stock 2010 Opsis cranks.

The actual message Pat from FF sent me

"22T standard drive is the smallest you can go. (beware that some 22T are micro drive)."

And then I asked him about some of the sprockets on FF...

"Quote from: Scuffy on June 11, 2010, 03:24:30 AM
Thanks,I wasn't aware that some 22t sprockets were micro drive.

Could you tell me some 22t sprockets that you sell that will work with my stock Opsis cranks?

What about the 22t Animal Sprocky Balboa sprocket?

23t Quamen Stylez "S"?

A 23t Shadow Lighter sprocket?"

And he replied with this to say...

"all of those will work. Also check out the Nice brand sprocket. Sometimes with 22s your chain may rub the sprocket bolt a tiny bit. If that happens you just have to grind or dremel the outside of the bolt a little."
Good to know.

So my package came a lot earlier than i expected (not that I'm complaining) lol. and the sprocket went on just fine. I wish i could say the same for my chain but thats another story. lol

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #194 on: July 19, 2010, 12:21:51 AM »
What's wrong with the chain...too long now lol.

Just get a chain breaker tool and take a few links out.When my Taska freecoaster that came stock on my 2010 DK Opsis crapped out on me I upgraded to a KHE Geisha Light freecoaster laced to a KHE Big V rim.This took me from a 28t sprocket and a 12t driver to a 28t sprocket and a 9t driver so from a 2:1 gear ratio to a 3.11:1 gear ratio.All I had to do was remove 2-3 links from my stock chain and it fits perfect...depending on how short or long you need the chain you may need a half link but I think you'll be able to get away with out one like I did.