Author Topic: DK Signal/Opsis Information Thread  (Read 211969 times)

pucker22

Re: DK Signal/Opsis Information Thread
« Reply #165 on: June 15, 2010, 11:48:25 PM »
Still interested in this bmx, but might hang on for next years if they make one!  :ph34r:

Offline T927

« Reply #166 on: July 03, 2010, 05:19:47 AM »
I just got a DK Opsis 2010. I put it together myself. I am only having a couple issues. On the back wheel there is a cone shaped piece of soft rubber on the left side of the hub. It is rubbing against the hub and making a squeaking sound. Is this part supposed to spin with the wheel or stay stationary? I'm guessing it should spin with the wheel. Is it an essential part(Can I take it off)? Or should I do something to keep it spinning? Also the freewheel seems to let the crank and chain go forward about an inch before it catches. I have heard that it is not a good freewheel, but can this be optimized at all?

Let me know if you've had this same problem or have any suggestions.

Thanks

Offline booism

« Reply #167 on: July 06, 2010, 11:48:28 PM »
Just got my opsis today! Not bad for 300 bucks! Didn't like the tires so I swapped them out
for some suelo tires. Can't wait to ride tomorrow. I am 35 and just getting back into flatland.
here's a cell phone pic:

Offline Paddymcg

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #168 on: July 07, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »
I just got a DK Opsis 2010. I put it together myself. I am only having a couple issues. On the back wheel there is a cone shaped piece of soft rubber on the left side of the hub. It is rubbing against the hub and making a squeaking sound. Is this part supposed to spin with the wheel or stay stationary? I'm guessing it should spin with the wheel. Is it an essential part(Can I take it off)? Or should I do something to keep it spinning? Also the freewheel seems to let the crank and chain go forward about an inch before it catches. I have heard that it is not a good freewheel, but can this be optimized at all?

Thanks

That rubber thing is not needed at all. mine was squeaking and slowing down my tire so I just took it off. It won't affect your bike in any way if you take it off I think it's a dust cover or something.

As for the hub that is easily fixable just look it up on google but the slack is not really bad for your hub.

Offline DLK

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #169 on: July 07, 2010, 10:12:32 PM »
Just got my opsis today! Not bad for 300 bucks! Didn't like the tires so I swapped them out
for some suelo tires. Can't wait to ride tomorrow. I am 35 and just getting back into flatland.
here's a cell phone pic:

Damn! The bike looks delicious with those tires on there.

Throw a white KHE Watanabe seat and some white pedals on there
and I'll need to change my pants.

Offline mksteez

• Forkglider
« Reply #170 on: July 07, 2010, 11:17:43 PM »

Thanks

That rubber thing is not needed at all. mine was squeaking and slowing down my tire so I just took it off. It won't affect your bike in any way if you take it off I think it's a dust cover or something.

As for the hub that is easily fixable just look it up on google but the slack is not really bad for your hub.

do you have a link on how to fix the hub? i have an opsis and i hate that slack. it wont be for a couple of months til i can buy a new wheelset

Offline booism

« Reply #171 on: July 08, 2010, 01:12:45 AM »
here's a cell phone pic:

Damn! The bike looks delicious with those tires on there.

Throw a white KHE Watanabe seat and some white pedals on there
and I'll need to change my pants.

Thanks man! I was pretty happy with the way it looked when I put the tires on! But, I was definitely already looking into the white pedals, probably just go with some twisted pcs, cause the stock pedals are not going to last very long from the looks of it!

Offline thedilanger

« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2010, 08:17:02 PM »
Does anyone know if the St. Martin English Sprocket will fit on the stock opsis cranks if i order the 24tooth? http://www.flatlandfuel.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1373

Offline FlatlandNoob

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #173 on: July 11, 2010, 10:55:45 PM »
I really want this bike so badly !!!!!!!!!!!! Should i wait for next version or should i get it? And in what part of the year do they make the new bikes?
  Also, does anyone know of any sites where i can get this cheapest? Im thinking about ordering it right now but i just wanna make sure i get it from the cheapest site and free shipping if possible.

Offline booism

« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2010, 05:47:56 PM »
I really want this bike so badly !!!!!!!!!!!! Should i wait for next version or should i get it? And in what part of the year do they make the new bikes?
  Also, does anyone know of any sites where i can get this cheapest? Im thinking about ordering it right now but i just wanna make sure i get it from the cheapest site and free shipping if possible.
this version is awesome, can't really imagine next years version can be much better/different. Order it from danscomp and use the promo code 41d5 and you'll
get the bike for 288.94 including shipping!
which is like a sore d**k ( you can't beat it)

Offline FlatlandNoob

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #175 on: July 12, 2010, 06:58:03 PM »
this version is awesome, can't really imagine next years version can be much better/different. Order it from danscomp and use the promo code 41d5 and you'll
get the bike for 288.94 including shipping!
which is like a sore d**k ( you can't beat it)
I heard that sites credits were being jacked. Is that true by any chance?

katobmx

« Reply #176 on: July 12, 2010, 07:31:33 PM »
danscomp has been having some problems. It may have been cleared up by now. I think im going to buy the Opsis's frame from someone

Offline FlatlandNoob

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #177 on: July 12, 2010, 07:33:29 PM »
danscomp has been having some problems. It may have been cleared up by now. I think im going to buy the Opsis's frame from someone
;l to late.. ive already purchased it from there. I just hope it isnt true.

katobmx

« Reply #178 on: July 12, 2010, 07:50:53 PM »
No it was true. Lets just hope that they got the issue resolved

Offline FlatlandNoob

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #179 on: July 12, 2010, 08:10:05 PM »
No it was true. Lets just hope that they got the issue resolved
ugh... thats going to suck having a bad experience like this with my 1st bike. Do you know how long ago this was?