Author Topic: DK Signal/Opsis Information Thread  (Read 212030 times)

Offline hardrocker950

• Forkglider
Re: DK Signal/Opsis Information Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2010, 06:43:21 PM »
One of my friends got an Opsis, and I never thought of DK much when it comes to flatland but I gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised. This is a lot of bike for the price tag! Although the freecoaster that comes stock on this bike is cheap and has a questionable rep, I really wouldn't be afraid of it. Only thing we didn't much care for was the stock brake pads (replaced with Kool Stop Eagle Claw 2 pads) which work great with the brake setup.

Overall I would recommend this bike to anyone looking for an affordable flat ride - especially someone new to flat. 

Offline ShaunyLaps B-Lo NY

• Forkglider
« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2010, 04:24:41 AM »
I copped a opsis as my first bike ... ive been riding pretty hard and have no complaints

Offline Bamalama

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2010, 04:27:38 AM »
ive got a dk signal for sale PM me if you're interested!

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2010, 05:04:04 AM »
One of my friends got an Opsis, and I never thought of DK much when it comes to flatland but I gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised. This is a lot of bike for the price tag! Although the freecoaster that comes stock on this bike is cheap and has a questionable rep, I really wouldn't be afraid of it. Only thing we didn't much care for was the stock brake pads (replaced with Kool Stop Eagle Claw 2 pads) which work great with the brake setup.

Overall I would recommend this bike to anyone looking for an affordable flat ride - especially someone new to flat. 

My freecoaster on the Opsis is still going strong a year and a half later!  The key is greasing it properly. 

Oh, and the brake pads are still good...I can promise you that they stop on a dime.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2010, 03:20:21 PM »
I would like DK to make the 2011 frame with more scuff room.Add some style to it.Im sure their sales of the signal and opsis was not bad.
One Last Ride.

Offline Paddymcg

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2010, 07:46:42 PM »
I'm having real trouble with my opsis I can't find the F***ing barrel adjuster for my front brakes anywhere! does anyone know what packet they came in? I have a hunch that they came in the packet for the reflectors that go on the seatpost. I need to set up my front brakes soon cos I need to learn the squeaker

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2010, 12:12:09 PM »
Are you serious Paddymcg?!

The bike comes like 70% built,all that's left for you to do is slap the bars on the stem,connect your front brake cable to the front brake,slap the seat and seat post in,take of wheels to place pegs on....remove reflectors and chain guard,and slap the pedlas on the crank...after that is brake adjustment.

You'll find one of the front brakes barrel adjusters on the front brake lever where the cable enters the lever,the other is should be on the front brake it self.
Losers always whine about their best,winners go home and f*ck the prom queen!

Offline Paddymcg

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2010, 04:33:19 PM »
I have the bike fully built and the rear brakes fully adjusted. My bike didn't come with a barrel adjuster on the front brake so I haven't set up my front brakes. I tried taking the barrel adjuster of one of my other bikes but they were all way too big. Are you sure that the barrel adjuster already came on the bike??? :angry:

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2010, 10:47:36 PM »
I'm sure of it.Mine did,and I'm sure everyone else's did too.

Look on the brake lever fro the front brake...it's there.Also look at the front brake it self,there's one on it as well.

I'd take pics,but my camera is dead.

Offline Paddymcg

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2010, 11:01:48 PM »
Yeah there's one on my brake lever but none on my front brake I'm sure of it! I tried taking one of my gyro and back brake but they won't come off unless I cut the cable. :angry:

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #160 on: May 30, 2010, 11:22:13 PM »
If there is no barrel adjuster on the brake itself then how did you connect your front brake cable?!

Do me a favor....go take a picture of your front brake and a picture of your front brake lever.

Offline Paddymcg

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #161 on: May 30, 2010, 11:52:48 PM »
umm I don't get what you mean. Here look... (sorry about the quality I had to resize them cos they were too big)

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2010, 12:54:59 AM »
Well then...that's f*cked up...do you still have the box the bike came in...start diggin'.

Who did you order from?

Offline Paddymcg

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2010, 02:31:04 AM »
I've torn that box to shreds looking for it... literally  :P
I'll have a good root around my room for it tomorrow and if it's not there I'll go to my local bike shop and ask if they have any.

I got it of a site called www.odysseybmxparts.com it was the only site I could find that shipped to Ireland. (They have a way bigger selection than flatlandfuel and offer free shipping on loads of products although some products are more expensive)

Offline Flat DK

« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2010, 01:55:10 AM »
hey guys new to the forums just got a opsis in green on monday and love it...

i was practicing on a old haro over weekend as i just started flat.

really like the bike super light for me anyway, i can sorta do trackstands and fork glides i can spin glide in a circle for abit then bail just aint got the balance i use to.

anyway keep up the riding

cheers T