Author Topic: DK Signal/Opsis Information Thread  (Read 211993 times)

Olds Cool

Re: DK Signal/Opsis Information Thread
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2010, 02:15:23 AM »
can anyone tell me if the 2010 dk opsis is gyro so I can spin bars 360 without having to detangle it!
Yes it does.

« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2010, 02:27:15 AM »
360, 720, go crazayy.

Offline dethtrk17

• Deathtrucker
    • MYSPACE
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2010, 02:47:18 AM »
yes^^. the opsis comes with a detangler(gyro). It is complete and ready to ride!!

pucker22

« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2010, 11:40:18 PM »
Thanks guys! I'm looking to get some cash to get this bmx but does anyone know anyone that sells this bike within the united kingdom?

Unfortunatly Danscomp shipping prices seems rather high :S I could litreally buy another bmx for the price it cost to ship it to me :O unless I'm reading it wrong! It says complete bmx $194

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2010, 01:37:07 AM »
They don't have it on Kunstform.com but they do offer three beginner flatland bikes,they are:

2009 KHE Militant AM 329.00 EUR

2008 KHE DaFunction 399.00 EUR

2009 KHE Militant LT  449.00 EUR

And the good thing is there is free shipping to the European Union if order totals 299€ or more.

Free shipping to the rest of Europe if the toal is 499€ or more.

Hope that helps some.
Losers always whine about their best,winners go home and f*ck the prom queen!

Offline bc

« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2010, 05:03:55 PM »
I'm also interested in buying the DK opsis. I contacted both the UK and European distributors for DK bikes and they both tell me it's not available in UK or Europe. So I'll have to buy from the US, which more than doubles the retail price. Unless you get lucky with not getting charged import tax. Wouldn't count on it though.

Been procrastinating myself whether to go for the dk opsis or just buy the inferior a-damn am bike, which is available in the UK. Either way it's not cheap, but that's a given I guess for flatland. Need to start saving the pennies/notes.

pucker22

« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2010, 02:42:13 PM »
I did manage to contact DK directly and they did have a website based here which apparently sel them, but their website is all over the place and I didn't understand it....

The shipping cost is one thing, but import tax is another, and also if you have to buy new bike bits that means more shipping +import tax... :angry:

so yea, I'm not gonna get this bike shame really I could do with a spare bike

Offline bc

« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2010, 06:20:11 AM »
That surprises me that there's a website in the uk that sells the dk opsis. I've been searching for such a site without success, and I thought they weren't available in Europe - according to the distributors. What's the url of the website?       

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2010, 08:27:31 AM »
I did manage to contact DK directly and they did have a website based here which apparently sel them, but their website is all over the place and I didn't understand it....

The shipping cost is one thing, but import tax is another, and also if you have to buy new bike bits that means more shipping +import tax... :angry:

so yea, I'm not gonna get this bike shame really I could do with a spare bike

Get a KHE from Kunstform http://www.kunstform.org/bmx-bikes-bmx-beginners-c-30_60.html?language=en

That surprises me that there's a website in the uk that sells the dk opsis. I've been searching for such a site without success, and I thought they weren't available in Europe - according to the distributors. What's the url of the website?       

I found an online U.K. based bike shop that says they carry flatland bikes from DK bikes and KHE but they don't have any listed.... https://www.customriders.com/default.asp

There is another U.K. based online shop that carrys DK Bikes but it's all older stuff and no DK Opsis.

Probably easier and maybe even cheaper to just get a KHE over there.

pucker22

« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2010, 02:19:23 PM »
sorry it took a while for me to find the site, heres  the email I got:

Scoop BMX handles all DK sales there in the UK, you can contact then or check their site for DK dealers in your area.

www.scoopbmx.com

So thats your best bet! Let me know if you manage to get one! :P

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2010, 02:58:52 PM »
Well then call them,mail them,email them...

Scoop Distribution
617 Jubilee Road, Letchworth, Hertfordshire, SG6 1NE
Tel: 01462 650741
Fax: 01462 650742
Email: info@scoopbmx.com

Offline bc

« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2010, 11:31:54 AM »
I've already contacted them, along with the European distributors Unity Distribution. Both say "not available in Europe or UK".

Will probably order from the US, when I save up enough funds.

Offline TeamBUC4332

« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2010, 11:40:42 PM »
Ok well after a few yrs of not riding, I bit the bullet and bought an opsis just now. HAMMER DOWN!

Being that i havent flatlanded really since the mid to late 90's and i had went to skateparks until about 2000, then stopped riding all together for like 8 yrs, I'm gonna be rusty as hell.

Left off with hitchikers and hangfive variations.  seeing what guys are doing now is INSANE!

anyways, if anyone is in the area of the Inland Empire lets meet up and pull some sessions once in a while.   i am near the ontario mills mall. thats about 40 miles east of LA.. otherwise i'll just be riding by myself. either way i'm stoked to start riding again. Last time i rode i was on a S&M NG dirtbike set up for park riding.  wonder how this opsis is gonna feel?

kevn4332@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 05:10:27 AM by TeamBUC4332 »

Offline TeamBUC4332

« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2010, 05:04:46 AM »
well got the opsis delivered today. put it together. bars are rather wide. cut each side down an inch. took all the brakes off(pic shows with brakes on), tires say to only inflate to 65 psi.. dont think so. after about 85 i stopped though. all the while waiting for the pop!
this bike is pretty good for the money. looks nice. rear dropouts are a lil wimpy but whatever. freecoaster is a bit sloppy, paint sucks... i dropped a brake level while pulling it off and it scratched my frame like nothing. yeah this bike will be stickered up pretty soon.
havent taken it out yet, i've been tired lately and have a cold. whaaaah

should be interesting watching me ride after 8 yrs off. brakeless no doubt but im determined and i'll get it dialed again.  this 36 yr old can still bust out!  

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #134 on: April 03, 2010, 11:08:43 PM »
well got the opsis delivered today. put it together. bars are rather wide. cut each side down an inch. took all the brakes off(pic shows with brakes on), tires say to only inflate to 65 psi.. dont think so. after about 85 i stopped though. all the while waiting for the pop!
this bike is pretty good for the money. looks nice. rear dropouts are a lil wimpy but whatever. freecoaster is a bit sloppy, paint sucks... i dropped a brake level while pulling it off and it scratched my frame like nothing. yeah this bike will be stickered up pretty soon.
havent taken it out yet, i've been tired lately and have a cold. whaaaah

should be interesting watching me ride after 8 yrs off. brakeless no doubt but im determined and i'll get it dialed again.  this 36 yr old can still bust out!  

Congratulations on the Opsis purchase...I too just got back into it and bought myself an Opsis in Pearl Grey.

As far as the the tires' PSI rating (45-65),don't worry about it dude,I've been running mine at 120 psi since early December '09.

How are you liking those stock bars?I had to remove mine as they felt really low so I bought a pair of bars with 8.125" of rise.