Author Topic: DK Signal/Opsis Information Thread  (Read 212082 times)

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
Re: DK Signal/Opsis Information Thread
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2009, 08:20:32 PM »
I know about flatlandfuel.com and I know how everyone loves it there but I'm looking to get the Opsis cheaper. I'm going to Grad school soon, so every dollar counts.

A lot of competitor sites of flatlandfuel run promotion codes and free shipping over a certain amount which can get me the Opsis pretty cheap but they're all sold out. That's why I want to know if the Opsis is still being produced. I don't mind waiting a little bit. This is in no way offense to FLF. I know how much they support the sport.

So my question is, is there an ongoing production of the DK Opsis?

Well, Pat at FF said that the June batch would be the last this year.  I don't know if that means for them, or what DK is producing.   I am thinking that's it for the year...especially if everyone is sold out of them.  I think DK has a wonderful thing going with the Opsis, they NEED to make more.  If everyone keeps selling out of them, why wouldn't they?  It's in demand, because it's a great starter bike, and people can't throw down a ton of money all the time.  Which leads me to this...

I think that all companies should take note.  People need to be able to afford to get into flatland(hell, any form of BMX)...if not, that's what will keep new people to the sport from ever starting.  Seems to me, that a lot of complete bikes are way to expensive, and don't always hold up that well. 

Anywho, did you check Dans Comp?  I don't many other places that sell it.  Are you here in the United States?
"A puppet no more!"

Offline detonate

« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2009, 10:37:12 PM »
Yea, I wish DK would meet the demands. Hopefully they will produce more of the Opsis.

I live in NYC.

I checked Dans Comp a couple months ago and they had the Opsis for $339.99, and if I remember correctly $25 shipping. They also had a 15% off coupon and a free mesh bag with purchase. I wanted to buy the Opsis then but I was filling out a lot of school applications (and paying their fees) that I couldn't justify spending more money on a bike. Now that I know I am accepted and will have to move, I would like to bring a bike with me to keep me entertained since where I'm going won't be anything like NYC. I hope the Opsis is still being produced and will stock online retailers. I have my fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 10:53:35 PM by detonate »

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2009, 04:41:56 AM »
if the opsis isnt available, there are other alternatives that can probably meet your price range

you can look into the militant ff (which is what i have right now)
or you can find a relatively nice bike on the marketplace forum
Signing out...

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2009, 07:52:45 AM »
Yea, I wish DK would meet the demands. Hopefully they will produce more of the Opsis.

I live in NYC.

I checked Dans Comp a couple months ago and they had the Opsis for $339.99, and if I remember correctly $25 shipping. They also had a 15% off coupon and a free mesh bag with purchase. I wanted to buy the Opsis then but I was filling out a lot of school applications (and paying their fees) that I couldn't justify spending more money on a bike. Now that I know I am accepted and will have to move, I would like to bring a bike with me to keep me entertained since where I'm going won't be anything like NYC. I hope the Opsis is still being produced and will stock online retailers. I have my fingers crossed.

I found this in the marketplace here on Global.

http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=28134.msg246389#msg246389
"A puppet no more!"

Offline olskoolPLO

« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2009, 07:41:34 PM »
Pic of the 2010 model.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2009, 07:09:10 PM »
Pat at Flatland Fuel has the 2010 models, and a few of the 09 models left.  As far as I can tell...they are the same...except for paint.  09 models are discounted...snatch em up!  I think DK has a wonderful thing going with the Opsis.  We NEED these beginner bikes.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Hatebreeder

• Backpacker
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2009, 10:58:58 PM »
Go to danscomp.com, enter code 39m1 at the checkout.....2010 DK Opsis shipped to your door, 288.00.....not thats a deal. Code is only good till the end of the month.

Offline yodazoo976

• Backpacker
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2009, 09:05:19 PM »
Minor changes, they went to 36h rims and 1in diameter pegs, used to be 48h rims and 2in diameter pegs.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2009, 07:17:37 PM »
Minor changes, they went to 36h rims and 1in diameter pegs, used to be 48h rims and 2in diameter pegs.

Oh, yes indeed...I did notice the pegs, but didn't notice the 36's.  Nice...kind of brings it up to modern standards a bit.  I honestly think this is the best beginner bike out right now.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline JT-rider

« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2009, 08:20:21 PM »
if price wasnt an issue, what is a better bike out of opsis and militant ff??
i like the look of the frame on the militant and for the price there should be slightly better parts or a better feel to it. but have heard alot about the opsis. anyone who could help me out??
 :beer:

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2009, 12:52:19 AM »
if price wasnt an issue, what is a better bike out of opsis and militant ff??
i like the look of the frame on the militant and for the price there should be slightly better parts or a better feel to it. but have heard alot about the opsis. anyone who could help me out??
 :beer:

Look and feel are subjective.  The price between the two isn't that great.  We are talking 20 bucks.

If you ask me, the parts are about the same in quality.  The DK does have 3 piece cranks, but cranks can be replaced.  If you like the frame better, then that would be what I based my decision on unless you really where super price sensitive.  I think that the Opsis is the best deal around, but all of the newer complete bikes on the low end are pretty good values. 

You probably won't go wrong spending or saving a few extra bucka if you just buy the bike that seems to have the features you need, and the looks you want.

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2009, 03:20:44 PM »
I just bought my 2010 DK Opsis from DansComp. for $288.54 shipped....use promo code 39n5 good for 20% off total.
Losers always whine about their best,winners go home and f*ck the prom queen!

Offline dkopsis

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2009, 11:08:46 PM »
ok i havent looked through the entire thread but i looked through most of it and, correct me if im wrong  ;D, there is no list of opsis specs. i know it is probably similar to signal but just wondering what the differences were.  :huh:

thanks
josh
"if u cant ride out then u didnt learn it."- Lurtz uruk

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #118 on: December 19, 2009, 11:44:51 PM »
2010 DK Opsis

Chromoly main frame (front triangle)

Chromoly forks

19" Toptube

13" Chainstay

75 degree Headtube

70 degree Seat tube
Losers always whine about their best,winners go home and f*ck the prom queen!

pucker22

« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2010, 02:12:34 AM »
can anyone tell me if the 2010 dk opsis is gyro so I can spin bars 360 without having to detangle it!