Author Topic: DK Signal/Opsis Information Thread  (Read 212084 times)

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: DK Signal/Opsis Information Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2009, 04:22:57 PM »
gearing is 28-14 taska unsealed ;D

hmmm...

cheap way of bringing down the gear ratio i assume?

really they should have just dropped the front 4 teeth or so
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

Offline d r i f t swift

« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2009, 11:03:40 PM »
first post..

.. so ive been thinking about getting the opsis.  well actually im pretty sure i am.  but wanted to order a new rear wheel in the process.  BUT, im not sure what size dropouts it has?   flatlandfuel says 14mm, danscomp says 3/8, and the dk pdf catalog says 10mm.

so can anyone with an opsis confirm this for me? which is it 14mm or 3/8 rear dropouts?

thanks

Offline yodazoo976

• Backpacker
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2009, 10:12:56 AM »
I am not sure where the 10mm comes into play but I believe the front wheel is 3/8ths with the 14mm washers and the rear wheel is 3/8 with the studs that make them 14mm to fit the 14mm dropout.  so long answer short, the rear dropout is 14mm.

Offline sackley85

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2009, 02:53:49 PM »
I am not sure where the 10mm comes into play but I believe the front wheel is 3/8ths with the 14mm washers and the rear wheel is 3/8 with the studs that make them 14mm to fit the 14mm dropout.  so long answer short, the rear dropout is 14mm.

Correctamundo.

And order from Pat... much more customer friendly - flatlandfuel.com

Also... I got the stolen easystreet and laced it to an Alex rim. Just regreased it and it's really smooth. I don't have much freecoaster experience, but it's really consistent. My only worry for it (not a problem for me) is you can't have much slack. Max slack seems to be just under a 1/4 crank. But I have mine set just above minimum, so no problem.

:beer:

Offline d r i f t swift

« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2009, 07:59:03 PM »
yay.  thanks for the replies.  now all i have to do is just get my pre-order in and hope i can claim one in the next shipment.  ;D

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2009, 08:51:43 AM »
so im ready to buy one of these and probably start flatlanding.   (need something to do when im not paintballing on the weekends)

where is the best place to buy the opsis???? (when theyre available)
i know flatlandfuel, danscomp, and sunrise cyclery has em (and sunrise even has the free shipping)

and whats the chances of a local bike shop having one of these (or any other flatland bike?)

thanks once again
Signing out...

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2009, 04:38:09 AM »
Flatlandfuel.com for ALL your flatland needs.

I wouldnt buy from anywhere else.

Patrick Schoolen is just the coolest guy ever- great service and fast shipping.

Local bike shops can order it in for you, but why bother? just get it straight from pat!
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs

Offline elmabullaz

« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2009, 03:55:13 PM »
Hey guys, anyone know how to get hold of the Opsis in the EU? I'm from england, sure as hell nowhere in england sells it, i've looked all over... I mean flatlandlandfuel would be a good option but it's expensive for shipping and there's a chance it'll be taxed to hell upon arrival

Any ideas?

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2009, 02:28:24 PM »
Hey guys, anyone know how to get hold of the Opsis in the EU? I'm from england, sure as hell nowhere in england sells it, i've looked all over... I mean flatlandlandfuel would be a good option but it's expensive for shipping and there's a chance it'll be taxed to hell upon arrival

Any ideas?

Contact DK to see about their overseas distributors. 
"A puppet no more!"

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2009, 11:53:27 PM »
For those that have been waiting....the last batch of Opsis bikes for 2009 just arrived. We have less than 20 of each color available.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline ziz

« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2009, 05:52:21 AM »
i just got mine  and been riding it for maybe a week...i really like it but then again im brand new to flat land... im 6`2 and my feet do bump the back pegs sometimes but its manageable.. having touble adjusting the brakes though but thats just my noobness

Offline detonate

« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2009, 11:42:47 PM »
Hi. I'm new and hope to start with a DK Opsis however I'm seeing many stores out of stock on this bike.

Will there be more Opsis bikes produced for 2009? Will a 2010 Opsis be available or is there another bike that will replace it?

What is a good alternative to the Opsis?

Thanks.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2009, 07:36:46 AM »
Hi. I'm new and hope to start with a DK Opsis however I'm seeing many stores out of stock on this bike.

Will there be more Opsis bikes produced for 2009? Will a 2010 Opsis be available or is there another bike that will replace it?

What is a good alternative to the Opsis?

Thanks.

Check out flatlandfuel.com, and they should still have an Opsis...or check out any of their other complete bikes.  They sell only flatland bikes, and any complete bike there should get you on the road...err, I mean the parking lot.

You can also check this website in the sale/trade section for complete bikes for sale...but if you are a beginner, your best bet would be flatlandfuel.com

Good peeps over there...
"A puppet no more!"

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2009, 07:38:58 AM »
Yes, they do...here's the link.

http://www.flatlandfuel.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=25

Go for it, you won't regret it.  Good starting bike.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline detonate

« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2009, 05:23:07 PM »
I know about flatlandfuel.com and I know how everyone loves it there but I'm looking to get the Opsis cheaper. I'm going to Grad school soon, so every dollar counts.

A lot of competitor sites of flatlandfuel run promotion codes and free shipping over a certain amount which can get me the Opsis pretty cheap but they're all sold out. That's why I want to know if the Opsis is still being produced. I don't mind waiting a little bit. This is in no way offense to FLF. I know how much they support the sport.

So my question is, is there an ongoing production of the DK Opsis?