Author Topic: DK Signal/Opsis Information Thread  (Read 212036 times)

Offline Spun

• Funky Chicken
  • Please Don't Hit Me
Re: DK Signal Information Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2008, 06:29:36 PM »
Anyone have any pictures of one of the blue ones taken in person?

Here's mine from right after I first assembled it:

Offline pitdog504

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2008, 08:21:05 AM »
I just bought one for my girlfriends son and all of the chrome peeled off of the sidewalls in just four days.  Not just a little, the whole wheel!  It came with chrome alianation pbr's so stay away from those rims!  Other than that no major bitches for the money.

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2008, 03:30:03 PM »
I just bought one for my girlfriends son and all of the chrome peeled off of the sidewalls in just four days.  Not just a little, the whole wheel!  It came with chrome alianation pbr's so stay away from those rims!  Other than that no major bitches for the money.

dude my 3 month old sun chrome hub is all peeling now too.

I tell you chrome is sh*t these days.

Offline pitdog504

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2008, 04:22:06 PM »
Yes but four short sessions is simply unacceptable.  He can't ever do a trackstand and tailwhip yet.  The bike might have 5 or 6 hours on it TOPS!  This is his first bike and the rim is bare now.  Alianation pbr's are garbage!

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2008, 05:05:21 PM »
Yes but four short sessions is simply unacceptable.  He can't ever do a trackstand and tailwhip yet.  The bike might have 5 or 6 hours on it TOPS!  This is his first bike and the rim is bare now.  Alianation pbr's are garbage!

Hey I agree... I think chrome peeling after 3 months is unacceptable out of a hub that doesn't even see friction or wear is BS too! Might as well be 6 hours on it.

It's the chrome process nowadays..it sux to sum it up.

Offline flatlandfan

• Backpacker
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2008, 06:10:37 PM »
The chrome Sun wheels that came with my 07 signal are still good as new!  :beer:

Offline streetroller900

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2008, 07:31:54 PM »
Hey, I am new to flatland had the dk signal 08 for a couple months but only really started using it recently. I am upgrading the tires to the KHE premiums, and I was wondering if anyone knows what size of rim tape I need for the rims. I went to my local bike store and they gave me 17mm, but I wasnt sure if i needed 22mm. Any info would be great. Thanks

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2008, 09:21:05 PM »
Hey, I am new to flatland had the dk signal 08 for a couple months but only really started using it recently. I am upgrading the tires to the KHE premiums, and I was wondering if anyone knows what size of rim tape I need for the rims. I went to my local bike store and they gave me 17mm, but I wasnt sure if i needed 22mm. Any info would be great. Thanks

bahhh! you don't need rim tape. 2 layers of duct tape or electrical tape works just as well.

No one sees the inside of the rim. :)

Offline pitdog504

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2008, 10:33:15 PM »
On that rim there are two places that have a set of four small holes that are kind of sharp.  Make  sure you tape them well.  Just a heads up.

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2008, 02:41:15 PM »
Anyone have any pictures of one of the blue ones taken in person?

Here's mine from right after I first assembled it:

Is that blue a metallic shade?  It looks quite a bit different in color there than in some promotional pictures I've seen:

I wonder which photo it looks more like in person.  I liike both shades, it just looks different than I thought it was supposed to. :)

Offline streetroller900

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2008, 06:34:12 PM »
Thanks for the advice about taping my rims...and next time maybe ill just use electrical tape  -_-

@ Ancientskool
His pictures are a lot close to the actual color of the bike, it is just a solid light blue. The pictures of that DK came out with have a light above the bike making it shiny and lighter.

Offline Spun

• Funky Chicken
  • Please Don't Hit Me
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2008, 04:15:07 AM »
His pictures are a lot close to the actual color of the bike, it is just a solid light blue. The pictures of that DK came out with have a light above the bike making it shiny and lighter.

I wouldn't say it is a solid color, since it has definitely got a metallic look when you get up real close to it.  You can kind of see it if you click on this direct link:

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc175/big_doug_23/IMG_0711.jpg

Offline streetroller900

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2008, 08:47:52 PM »
Well a little update to my rim tape question.....apparently DK signal 08 has the alienation PBR and it already has a rim strip on it  :mellow:  :P

ALSO props to flatlandfuel ordered on Thursday or Friday..got them Monday morning :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 11:06:20 PM by streetroller900 »

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2008, 03:11:29 AM »
I wouldn't say it is a solid color, since it has definitely got a metallic look when you get up real close to it.  You can kind of see it if you click on this direct link

Thanks for the photo!  Yeah, you could sort of see a little "shimmer" to the color that made it look as though there were some metal flakes in the paint.  The linked photo makes it pretty clear what the color should look like up close.  I was digging the lighter blue, but with the metalic effect, the darker blue is pretty cool as well.

NICE!

Offline David (Toucan)

• Free Speech? Nahhh
  • Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2008, 06:27:15 PM »
same goes for the purple- much more dark then there photos. very nice color indeed ;D
Bikes--> Put The Fun Between Your Legs