Author Topic: Superb** Prototype Frame  (Read 5517 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Superb** Prototype Frame
« on: April 19, 2011, 10:38:42 AM »
Matthias posted 2 photos of the SuperB** prototype frame. As he promised a few days ago it looks street oriented - straight tubes, simple design. More photos and specs are coming soon.

Do you know the way car makers modify the exterieur of their prototype cars for road testing? They add a lot of plastic and tape to hide the details of the new car before itīs officially presented. We think this is what happened to the Superb** frame in this video:
King of Velib Small | Large

Offline Mario Saldana

• Cliffhanger
Re: Superb** Prototype Frame
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 07:46:52 PM »
funny, i want a frame NOW~!
IG: mas_xiii

Offline Lukas @ Innsbruck

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 08:40:54 PM »
Without a wishbone or something I can not see this frame holding up street abuse.

Offline robpossible

• GF Inhabitant
  • Crackpacker to kitchen table
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 09:07:50 PM »
Without a wishbone or something I can not see this frame holding up street abuse.
+1 and that scooter doesn't even have a top tube, furthermore I think that basket is just added weight that needs to be cut off. Poor design... Props to MD for being able to time machine without pegs tho! lol
1st law of thermodynamics: Energy can not be created or destroyed, it only changes in form.

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 09:58:17 PM »
+1 and that scooter doesn't even have a top tube, furthermore I think that basket is just added weight that needs to be cut off. Poor design... Props to MD for being able to time machine without pegs tho! lol
no,it doesnt need a wishbone.just 0.049 chainstays.
i dont think this happening though at this weight,let me guess 1.7 kg?
even if they want to do it 200 grams heavier so it will be much stronger backend all the bitches will come here and make complaints about the weight. :beer:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 11:26:18 PM by 13.5'' »

Offline top_rider

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 01:53:42 AM »
exactly what you said 13.5" !

Offline ediot

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 05:08:48 AM »

that's because footjam tailwhips on mellow banks and manual 180's aren't street abuse. nobody does anything more than that riding street nowadays anyway.  :ph34r:

Offline Paul Chamberlain

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 10:14:09 AM »
Matthias designed a frame for himself - AKA for very light flatland type street and for flatland. He hardly does anything street worthy at all. It's more for a street inspired flatland style. It's not out there at the moment so I support it. I wouldn't ride a frame without bridges because I don't want to have to replace my parts very often and I ride street, park and flatland - and do lots of grinds. There are a million other frames for me already. This frame is for the people who don't have something that suits them yet. I think it looks good.

Paul

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 07:58:38 PM »
He hardly does anything street worthy at all.
Paul

As I understand it, he actually rides quite a bit of street. He just doesn't film much of it.

Offline Mario Saldana

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 09:35:51 PM »
i wonder whats the height of the standby and how big the TT will be
IG: mas_xiii