Author Topic: The strongest flatland frame !!!!  (Read 44791 times)

Offline 1pyroace1

• Hitchhiker
Re: The strongest flatland frame !!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2011, 03:25:37 AM »
frames should be posted with a weight limit cos if your 6,4 and a complete fat bastards ovously your going to crack it abit soon than a short and a scrony hur! altho in saying this some frames are just weak :P thats my rant over with! lol  :beer: ;D
LMFAO!!!!!! that was my thought exactly  ;D
"you may not change the world but you can change a part of it"

Offline Flatland-Cris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 03:30:34 AM »
frames should be posted with a weight limit cos if your 6,4 and a complete fat bastards ovously your going to crack it abit soon than a short and a scrony hur! altho in saying this some frames are just weak :P thats my rant over with! lol  :beer: ;D
:beer: lose some weight and buy a SC ppl!
Keep it flat!

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2011, 08:25:01 AM »
Flatware has lifetime warranty...

Cha-ching.... I slowly been changing over to Flatware stuff...

SFV_BOY

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2011, 01:28:44 AM »
get an S&M intrikat.

Offline Paul Chamberlain

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2011, 10:24:40 AM »

Some brands just build themselves on that quality. 

If you do break an S&M, good luck getting it covered by any kind of warranty. I've heard nightmare stories about people literally having to confront employees of the company at trade shows to even get a response out of them.

I warrantied my first 19" LAF. It was outside of the period specified for the particular issue but S&M warrantied it anyway. Posted USA to Australia and a new frame only two weeks later on my doorstep along with some freebies to offset the postage cost ($50). I was happy. That was '08 and I'm still riding the same LAF now. I often check it for cracks because I'm amazed it's lasted so long. I can't speak for every frame out there right now so I'm not going to comment much more.

From experience I'll say that every Macneil Collier I've seen has met a horrible end after a short time. They are not strong frames.

Colony frames seem to be doing well but give them some more time to tell as they're pretty new on the market.

What do you know - I ended up commenting much more after all!

The FBM Equilibrium was a rad frame that never broke on me. Wish I'd kept it!

Offline kwstas

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 12:45:23 PM »
hey,does anyone know anything about the mankind justice?I like the low TT and it should be strong since it's a street frame...

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2011, 01:46:10 PM »

Some brands just build themselves on that quality. 

If you do break an S&M, good luck getting it covered by any kind of warranty. I've heard nightmare stories about people literally having to confront employees of the company at trade shows to even get a response out of them.

I warrantied my first 19" LAF. It was outside of the period specified for the particular issue but S&M warrantied it anyway. Posted USA to Australia and a new frame only two weeks later on my doorstep along with some freebies to offset the postage cost ($50). I was happy. That was '08 and I'm still riding the same LAF now. I often check it for cracks because I'm amazed it's lasted so long. I can't speak for every frame out there right now so I'm not going to comment much more.

From experience I'll say that every Macneil Collier I've seen has met a horrible end after a short time. They are not strong frames.

Colony frames seem to be doing well but give them some more time to tell as they're pretty new on the market.

What do you know - I ended up commenting much more after all!

The FBM Equilibrium was a rad frame that never broke on me. Wish I'd kept it!
my friend broke his fbm equilibrium,it was the second version though.
hey,does anyone know anything about the mankind justice?I like the low TT and it should be strong since it's a street frame...
pare to alive gia flat,paizei ena se prosfora 280 eurw.
i also have a  custom solid bikes double butted supertherm flatland frame with same space as the mankind alive and it has wishbones for seat and chainstays,it is stronger than almost all the frames mentioned on this topic.pm me if you are interested kwstas.
i let it go for 130 euro.

Offline Esn

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2011, 03:13:37 PM »

pare to alive gia flat,paizei ena se prosfora 280 eurw.
i also have a  custom solid bikes double butted supertherm flatland frame with same space as the mankind alive and it has wishbones for seat and chainstays,it is stronger than almost all the frames mentioned on this topic.pm me if you are interested kwstas.
i let it go for 130 euro.
[/quote]

Sounds good, can u post pics and full specs?

Offline JaysonH

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2011, 04:35:49 PM »
S&M And Quamen are strongest in my opinion. I'm currently riding a KHE RIP Resurrection but I'm not nearly as harsh on it as I was my Quamens. NEver had one(Quamen) crack or break.

Offline flatlandpercy

• Backpacker
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2011, 06:15:31 PM »

Offline PMA!

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011, 11:43:15 PM »

And some people ride like pussies.

I just broke one of the most popular street frames out there, my dealer that flows me has not had ONE warrantied to street riders, however mine broke in 4 months riding strictly flatland. Isolated case? It broke in the same place I usually break frames, where the TT meets ST.

Im 5'10" and weigh 163lbs.

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2011, 09:33:34 AM »

And some people ride like pussies.

I just broke one of the most popular street frames out there, my dealer that flows me has not had ONE warrantied to street riders, however mine broke in 4 months riding strictly flatland. Isolated case? It broke in the same place I usually break frames, where the TT meets ST.

Im 5'10" and weigh 163lbs.
whas it with tube bridge or plate?and are you doing some specific trick that the seat hit the ground often?some upside down trick maybe?flatland putting different forces on frames.most street frames are strong on the dt and cs because the are doing tricks and always land with both wheels.we hit them by side tricks and upside down tricks..so its different.

byke

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2011, 09:43:19 AM »
Gack cannibal FTW

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2011, 09:57:19 AM »
This is my frame byke,i dont ride it now though cause i ride a much longer frame.it feels slower but i can actually spin it faster because i can control it better.i rode my funday 20.5 and it doesnt feel that bad with a 2pc bars and 175 mm cranks.Tires makes huge difference for me,1.75 tires on this frame makes it feel like a flatland frame,while my 19.3 div that i swap the tires with the street bike and has 1.95 on the back and 2.10 on the front doesnt spin or turbine easy...so its all about the tires..
http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=37130.0
Its too bad most people dont go with a custom option because they follow what their favourite rider/brand puts out.

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2011, 11:19:06 AM »
here is the deal : ive broke so many modern and light frames in less than 6 months, some even in 2 months of riding, yes only in 2! and now i ride mankind alive for about 8 months without problems so IMO this is actualy very strong frame. my only concern are those bridges but suprisingly so far so good. my findings about strongest frame on the market are : more weight more material, simple as that. yes there are some other factors, but light frame will not last you long time no matter how great is designed....
and about flatware waltz frame. its seems so weak to me but i dont know why though. and remember its not the frame terry was testing about 2 years. its completly diferent product. well only time will tell :beer:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 11:28:24 AM by mare »