Author Topic: Terry Adams wins JoMoPro  (Read 24687 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Terry Adams wins JoMoPro
« on: April 10, 2011, 09:26:41 AM »
Terry Adams won the JoMoPro contest in Joplin, USA. Congratulations!

Pro
1st Terry Adams
2nd Matt Wilhelm
3rd Matthias Dandois
4th Yohei Ucchie
5th Moto Sasaki
6th Takahiro Ikeda
7th Tstomu Kitayama
8th Dane Beardsley

All the results, a huge photo gallery and a video of the Master class are already posted on RideBMX. 

Offline jpoliti

• Backpacker
Re: Terry Adams wins JoMoPro
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 09:37:26 AM »
kind of funny to see that no japanese rider had the chance to raise the samurai sword !! ;D

congrats to all pro riders anyways, they're all soooo good in their own styles that i think they all deserved to win in their own way...

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 10:25:39 AM »
Jesus Tyler your riding is sooo sick!

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
  • Is back...with a KFC bucket.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 11:04:58 AM »
congrats to both terry and matt, both brill riders
Mechanic is easy, all you need is a hammer and a blowtorch....BURN MOTHERf*ck BURRN

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 11:34:34 AM »
i cant believe how bryan could won the masters with spining stemrolers. tyler and phrasel showed much more variaty IMO.
cant wait to see pro finals
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 11:36:06 AM by mare »

Offline Cyborg

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 11:39:54 AM »
I don't want this to go the way the topic did last year, but who were the judges this year, JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY.

Offline justfour

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 12:31:52 PM »
i cant believe how bryan could won the masters with spining stemrolers. tyler and phrasel showed much more variaty IMO.
cant wait to see pro finals

Was thinking the exact samething, spinning steams -vs- turbine kickflip halfpacker  :huh:

Offline VojTECH

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 12:36:25 PM »
We can't judge the master class unless we see a full unedited video. That compilation doesn't prove anything about the quality of judging.

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 01:08:08 PM »
good to see the dj this year played something other then 5 year old mia and 8 year old shadow mixes. still 3 years old with the ronald jekins and glitch mob. at least your getting there. But yeah you cant tell much from the contest from 2 seconds from each rider. Tyler did pull some good tricks on there though. that one guy went alittle adam pintek with the boomarangs for a second there 

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 03:23:43 PM »
We can't judge the master class unless we see a full unedited video. That compilation doesn't prove anything about the quality of judging.

I'm usually the first to say this, but if those are the clips of the landed tricks... well...

Offline Kevin Brill @ Kassel

• Backpacker
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 03:36:57 PM »

This is a HIGHLIGHT Video. If these tricks are the highlights from Bryan Huffmans run... Then everyone here can clearly say, that the other highlights have been... much more highlight.

Tyler Gilliards karl->halfpacker->gturn kickflip-> out alone is pretty much better then huffmanns steamroller combos...

I almost forgot about the judging from last year with uchie, but when seeing this, it all comes back and I ask myself... Why was Bryan Huffman first?

(of course only in the case, that we looked at the final runs, not at the qualifications)

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 04:39:53 PM »
Big time congrats to Terry!! :beer:

Mark Dandridge takes intermediate class, so stoked!!!  :beer: :beer: :beer:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:51:09 PM by VerticalSmile »

Offline VojTECH

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 05:27:26 PM »

I'm usually the first to say this, but if those are the clips of the landed tricks... well...

Sure, if those are the clips of the tricks landed during the master class finals, then Tyler should have won, period.

However, we don't even know if these are clips of the actual contest runs or just some links that were filmed during the warm up.

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 06:34:28 PM »
Hooo boy, here we go again.

Last year, I thought you could at least make a reasonable argument that, based on the judging criteria, Trevor did beat Ucchie.  Here, well...

Lee

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 06:59:40 PM »
Wow.  I know message boards are notorious for breeding negativity, but you guys sure are quick to sh*t on Bryan Huffman.  You haven't even seen footage of the full final runs, and you're saying he shouldn't have won.  At what point does a person earn the benefit of the doubt with you people?  The guy was entering comps while most of you were quivering fetuses.