Author Topic: Voodoo Jam 2007 AM Comp Results!  (Read 10597 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Voodoo Jam 2007 AM Comp Results!
« on: June 30, 2007, 01:29:05 AM »
Voodoo Jam AM Comp Results:
Qualifying: 10.EZ Chris?(TX) 9.Chris Veal(ATL) 8.Damian Bochi(FL) 7.Jeff Foster(ATL) 6.Kenny Bouchet(??) 5.Isiah Jordon(NC) 4.Jesse Cantori(PA) 3.Dave Weathersby(??) 2.Diego Tejadah(TX) 1.Tyler Guillard(FL)

Finishing Top 4:
1st Place - Jesse Cantore
2nd Place - David Weatherby
3rd Place - Issiah Jordon
4th Place - Tyler Gilliard

Congratulations guys, great work out there!  I have all the Qualifying 10 runs and the final 4 person battle on video that I will put up later tomorrow.  The pics will be up this evening.  

monkeyflat

Re: Voodoo Jam 2007 AM Comp Results!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 01:33:59 AM »
ya ya! hook tht sh*t up!!...needs to see a video fo real

?uest

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 01:34:39 AM »
do it quick or Tyler will have a hissy fit
no one took a pic or video of him

:wub:

Offline Kev

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
  • Did you see what I said?
    • Virtual Flatland instructor
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 01:37:13 AM »
do it quick or Tyler will have a hissy fit
no one took a pic or video of him

:wub:

Oh theres plenty of Tyler, trust me :) 

Everyone should thank Scott Obrien and Terry Adams from throwing a GREAT event, as well as all the sponsors...  Let's hope tomorrow is even more off the hook as I'm sure it will be!

And I just want to add that Jesse won it with a backpacker to hiker flip....all these kids are freakin amazing and I'm glad I was able to have this experience....Thanks guys....

-Kev

**edit** - I apologize to the 10th qualifier, I couldn't find your name, but I'll get it asap.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 01:48:04 AM by Kev »

monkeyflat

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 01:47:16 AM »
ya abut that^^ 
 someone needs to say it for real though...before  you start  filming  someone one on one just better tell him that no one else but the filmer is going to see the fottage

Offline Kev

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 01:49:23 AM »
ya abut that^^ 
 someone needs to say it for real though...before  you start  filming  someone one on one just better tell him that no one else but the filmer is going to see the fottage

I don't follow....

monkeyflat

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 01:51:10 AM »
i mean ****ing people man...atleast have the ****ing decency to put up some ****ing footage...like ya whatever its nice to see it...it doesnt necessarily mean i just love to watch myself...****ing iditos

just referiing to the times when theres cameras everywhere at the jam but people are just going to film it and oh what happened to the footage????
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 01:54:31 AM by monkeyflat »

Offline Kev

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 01:56:52 AM »
i mean ****ing people man...atleast have the ****ing decency to put up some ****ing footage...like ya whatever its nice to see it...it doesnt necessarily mean i just love to watch myself...****ing iditos

just referiing to the times when theres cameras everywhere at the jam but people are just going to film it and oh what happened to the footage????

Bro, the **** ended like 1 hour ago...I rushed back to the hotel to post quick results for you guys....it's gonna take me a freakin minute to get the video captured as well as the 200 photos I took.  Sorry I'm not quick enough for ya.

-Kev

*edit* - I tell you what man, I'll capture the raw footy right now, which will take 30 minutes, then the export, which will take anywhere from 1-2 hours, then the upload to global flat server, prolly 1-2 hours.  So you'll have it, when it finishes tonight....all raw, all uncut...the 10 qualifying runs and the top 4 battles.  And I thought I was on vacation :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 02:07:19 AM by Kev »

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 02:07:00 AM »
1.jesse c (pa)
2.david w (tx)
3.isiah j (nc)
4.tyler g (fl)
5.deigo (tx)
6.kris veal (atl)
7.ez chris (tx)
8. Kenny (tx) (I think)
9.damian b (fl)
10.jeff f (atl)

I'm going on memory so I could be off on a name or two.sorry if I get anything wrong or placeing feel free to correct any mistakes.

Stuff that stuck out. Deigaos last link in the first round killed it.damians first link was a min long.all the top 4 riders killed it. Jesses  last link was dope.ending with a backpacker jump to hiker.tyler killing pedal stems as always and also a new xfoot hangten. all the best tricks were really pulled in practice though.
Fun am contest can't wait to see the pros. Lot of pros lerking around. Alex j,cory f,ralphel,jesse p, matt w,big e,mike s,terry, cerra, the list goes on....

Judges for the am. Matt w,big e,mickey g

monkeyflat

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 02:08:16 AM »
no no no sorry i was not referring to you at all...thanks a lot for taking the foootage...i was just replying to the guy who said tylers going to trip or whatever....f*ck....sorry...sh*t my bad...thANKS A LOT anyways man...haha...sorry....

Offline Kev

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 02:08:33 AM »
Thanks blind!  Those are the top 10 final results.  The qualifying results are correct up top now too...

no no no sorry i was not referring to you at all...thanks a lot for taking the foootage...i was just replying to the guy who said tylers going to trip or whatever....****....sorry...**** my bad...thANKS A LOT anyways man...haha...sorry....

All good.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 02:17:35 AM by Kev »

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 02:46:58 AM »
I am bummed. My flight to New Orleans this morning was overbooked and all seats assigned by the time I got to the airport. So I was bumped. The next 2 flights were CANCELLED. Apparently Northwest Airlines has cancelled 1000 flights since Wednesday. All other flights out of Des Moines to other cities where I could connect to New Orleans were full and despite being on standby I could not get on any of them. So Voodoo is about shot for me. I am going back to the airport in the morning to try to get on any flight to get me to New Orleans in time for pro finals Saturday night. I am not optomistic though. Besides sponsoring the event I also helped solicit a lot of the sponsorships from other companies. Plus I went to New Orleans in March for a week to hang out with Scott and Terry and everyone and check out spots for the event. Props to those guys for putting together something so great for flatland. I just wish I was there :(
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline Kev

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 06:34:17 AM »
I am bummed. My flight to New Orleans this morning was overbooked and all seats assigned by the time I got to the airport. So I was bumped. The next 2 flights were CANCELLED. Apparently Northwest Airlines has cancelled 1000 flights since Wednesday. All other flights out of Des Moines to other cities where I could connect to New Orleans were full and despite being on standby I could not get on any of them. So Voodoo is about shot for me. I am going back to the airport in the morning to try to get on any flight to get me to New Orleans in time for pro finals Saturday night. I am not optomistic though. Besides sponsoring the event I also helped solicit a lot of the sponsorships from other companies. Plus I went to New Orleans in March for a week to hang out with Scott and Terry and everyone and check out spots for the event. Props to those guys for putting together something so great for flatland. I just wish I was there :(

Pat, that totally sucks man...I was looking for you today for sure.  Hopefully, your flight tomorrow will be right on time and not overbooked.  What's wrong with these airlines, damn...

-Kev

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 07:29:01 AM »
Update from the pool.jfos is drunk as hell wilding out with a few riders from japan.lots of jumping in the pool,splashing, flips,and yelling.tyler gillard's like brother is wilding out.stephen hearn and ben just arrived.one naked japan rider at the pool now.tomarrows contest is going to be off the hook.I still haven't met kev I don't think.hit me up if u see me dude peace

joshd

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 09:24:36 AM »
1.jesse c (pa)
2.david w (tx)
3.isiah j (nc)
4.tyler g (fl)
5.deigo (tx)
6.kris veal (atl)
7.ez chris (tx)
8. Kenny (tx) (I think)
9.damian b (fl)
10.jeff f (atl)
16. frenchy
18. joshd
23. ?

i just talked to alexis so i know his deal...the rest i have no idea about.  im guessing yoos can help me fill in the blanks.

good times.

jd.

edit:  i think kenny(yeah texas), and diego are switched. 
missing: huck, mr. kelly baldwin, chadwick, alan young, danny harrison, markd, careym, eric wright, david sabbatini, i cant remember the guy from the UK's name(sorry), and joeyt.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 09:35:12 AM by joshd »