Author Topic: moving from a Nankai to geisha light...couple of questions  (Read 1556 times)

LOU4130

moving from a Nankai to geisha light...couple of questions
« on: June 24, 2011, 06:23:12 PM »
So ive decided to get a geshia light freecoaster. I was going to switch out my 12t on my nankai and get a profile shell for it when it dawned on me i could just buy a new geisha light hub for less money and have the sealed bearings and aluminum shell whch is stll lighter than the nankai.

But anyway, has anyone made the switch from the nankai to the geshia and was able to use their existing spokes? I wanna make sure if i need em i get em when i order the hub. This is of course using the same lace pattern and existing rim. Thanks guys!

Offline indyBarber73

• Cliffhanger
Re: moving from a Nankai to geisha light...couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 06:27:38 PM »
you really should order more spokes since your old ones have allready been tight and rode on,you could use old ones but its allways better to rock new ones on new hub

Offline robpossible

• GF Inhabitant
  • Crackpacker to kitchen table
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 07:03:32 PM »
I made that switch a few months ago, I've been real happy with the geisha. The drive side and non-drive flanges on the geisha lite are different diameters, spokes from your old wheel will not work. I second indybarber's comment also.
1st law of thermodynamics: Energy can not be created or destroyed, it only changes in form.

LOU4130

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 08:31:08 PM »
Thank you gentlemen lol

i will get new ones when i order the hub :)

i knew new ones are always best, i was just hoping it would work for now too save cash.....but i totally forgot the flanges on the geisha light hub are 2 diff sizes...glad i asked lol
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 08:35:21 PM by LOU4130 »