Author Topic: New Red Bull edit: Matthias Dandois - No more frontier Flat vs Street  (Read 28327 times)

Offline Burd

• Cliffhanger
Re: New Red Bull edit: Matthias Dandois - No more frontier Flat vs Street
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2011, 09:18:48 PM »
Kid needs to learn how to barspin. Then some of those hop to manny combos will look dope on the street

Apparently you haven't heard, but Nigel Sylvester already used up all the remaining barspins in the world in his Animal Cuts part...

Nigel Sylvester- Animal cuts 2010 BMX Small | Large

That's why Matthias doesn't do them, there aren't any left.

Offline bmx4lif3

• Cliffhanger
  • So-Cal
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2011, 09:43:54 PM »
Straight up, that was great cinematography!!!
Good riding, not original but that is ok, still an amazing video..

Offline jpoliti

• Backpacker
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, 10:21:42 PM »
you can tell how infulential a person is not only by how many poeple like them, but also by how many poeple dislike them.

Allez Matthias  !

Offline MICHELE

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2011, 10:27:29 PM »
Kid needs to learn how to barspin. Then some of those hop to manny combos will look dope on the street

Apparently you haven't heard, but Nigel Sylvester already used up all the remaining barspins in the world in his Animal Cuts part...

Nigel Sylvester- Animal cuts 2010 BMX

That's why Matthias doesn't do them, there aren't any left.

haha.
yeah man.
If I ever see a flat rider do a hop-to-wallride, my head would explode.

Offline HGB FLAT

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2011, 10:39:49 PM »
THAT IS FLATBMX , SKILLS ON WHEELS !!!! TIMELESS STYLE !!!! HGB FLAT

Lee

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2011, 10:47:10 PM »
pfft.  I can do whiplash icepick handrails.  top that, frenchy.

Offline Mario Saldana

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2011, 07:29:18 PM »
stop hating, matthias video is completely awesome and is definitely evolutionary, he will change the sport if he only changes YOU.
IG: mas_xiii

Offline Cyborg

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2011, 08:11:06 PM »
Yeah stop hating. Matthias is a) a super nice guy b) super stylish c)super tech and always looks like he is having fun on his bike.

Offline Dustyn@Chemnitz

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2011, 08:59:05 PM »
Matthias is the best Flatland Rider for sure!!!

Offline Mario Saldana

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2011, 10:35:42 PM »
Yeah stop hating. Matthias is a) a super nice guy b) super stylish c)super tech and always looks like he is having fun on his bike.

I agree. can people just appreciate what hes doing? He works harder than us all and is one very talented individual, stay positive and let's all wish he won't stop progressing. He has done a lot for the sport, if you disagree with his riding, than train harder than him, create your own unique style, and beat him in competition just so you can show people how it's done, but for now matthias pwns.
IG: mas_xiii

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2011, 10:52:04 PM »

I agree. can people just appreciate what hes doing? He works harder than us all and is one very talented individual, stay positive and let's all wish he won't stop progressing. He has done a lot for the sport, if you disagree with his riding, than train harder than him, create your own unique style, and beat him in competition just so you can show people how it's done, but for now matthias pwns.

+1
at this point, I don't even understand the straggling haters still trying to belittle him as a rider. he's on point. what is this, like the 4th or 5th new edit he's put out this year? he's killing it right now.

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2011, 08:32:04 AM »
THAT IS FLATBMX , SKILLS ON WHEELS !!!! TIMELESS STYLE !!!! HGB FLAT

U don't have to put hgb flat after every one of your post its your name that covers it. Don't even know what that means.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2011, 09:55:32 AM »
if you keep up with street these days..theres so much of the "street" he did already on video,if not all of it by others, as far as his "contest run tricks", we've seen this many times from him is all. ...;D

pic related...

I've seen standard country as well as the other sh*t you mentioned and you clearly do not have the ability to delineate between what he's doing in this video and what has been done in the past.

You're also a hateful, spiteful, terrible person for even dragging this kind of negativity into a thread about a riders edit. It's completely uncalled for and I hope the mods take note of it.

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2011, 10:41:20 AM »
Aren't mods supposed to be neutral persons?

Offline Flatgod

• Backpacker
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2011, 11:59:48 AM »
Maybe Juggs takes some sort of issue with Matthias and feels the need to express it at some point or another. If he does, he can create a thread about it and maybe that would be more proper than commenting on the video in that manner.

I can see how he says that Matthias' stuff isn't original. In fact, I don't think I've seen one trick that Matthias has invented up to this point. I know many of you - especially the much younger ones - might try to argue against this, but I can probably tell you about someone else who has done it first. However, someone brought up a good point in saying that all of those tricks are being done by one single individual (not to mention that it was a very nice edit anyway).

Someone else on here brought up the point about 'flow'. While I do agree that the style is good, it seems as though I must remind everyone that style is entirely subjective. Objective thinking is the key folks!   

I'm also curious as to why so many riders are now concerned about contest results when at one point they once weren't. I believe almost everyone use to realize up until a few years ago that contest results are not a real true reflection as to how good one rider is compared to another, but more of a way toward getting the sport more exposure and a way to have fun.

One thing I can say that seems pretty distasteful is when someone on here expresses an opinion and everyone else bashes him/her. The culmination of seemingly mindless 'zombies' (as Juggs put it) seem to come out of the woodwork and flash the same stupid cliches like 'hater' -- its pretty f*cking annoying. Some people are totally devoid of the reasoning that someone is not an idiot or a 'troll' or 'hater' or anything else just because that person has a conflicting opinion with the masses. As previously stated, its called objectivity -- even if Matthias were my best friend, I wouldn't jump on every opportunity to defend his position (and that goes the other way around as well).