Author Topic: Organize your own event!  (Read 4911 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Organize your own event!
« on: March 23, 2011, 12:35:36 AM »
We would like to encourage you to organize your own jams and contests! You might think itīs a big deal to organize even a small event but actually it isnīt! You only need a place to ride, a date, riders and thatīs it! Your first jam! Tell us the date and location and weīll make some noise.

If you want to go big then we recommend the Event book: "After several years of promoting and organizing BMX flatland / freestyle events, namely the Elevation Flatland Series, Hector Garcia decided to put all of his experience and knowledge into a new book appropriately titled "EVENT".  This book is full of detailed info and tips on organizing a bmx freestyle event.  It covers everything from branding the event, approaching sponsors, promotion, organizing volunteers, and more."

Do you need help organizing your first event? Please feel free to ask your questions in the forum.

Offline Paved Paradise

• GF Inhabitant
  • -Flatland 4 Life-
Re: Organize your own event!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 01:34:53 AM »
I would like to get a Jam going out towards northeast towards Vermont, maybe some of my new england friends and riders could make the jam. If I can think of a spot/date
Think it would be fun for most of you too!
anyways Promote!!
Ride on!
~The Bike and the Rider make the ARTFORM..
   Not the artist/utensil used..its the end product they both make, thats Beautiful~

@(x_X)@ Justin Doyon @(X_x)@
                   Ride on!

Offline TheGingerKid

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 08:06:23 AM »
I was thinking this a couple weeks ago. I could easily have a jam since there's a lot of open parking lots that could be used. But my hometown is only an hr something from York so I think they have all the local jams covered =P

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 08:28:14 AM »
Wicked, ive organised a jam before... Easy enough and had about 30 people come along too.... This forum is here to help drum up intrest so use it to your advantage!!

Happy jamming  ;D

Lee

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 07:24:36 PM »
this is one of the best ways I can think of to advance the sport.  great post.

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 07:59:40 PM »

then you better come to our next jam...you're only an hour away  ;D
You look like Marty McFly!

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 10:37:56 PM »
I was thinking this a couple weeks ago. I could easily have a jam since there's a lot of open parking lots that could be used. But my hometown is only an hr something from York so I think they have all the local jams covered =P

If you're in Maryland, I did Baltimore Jam last year, it'll most likely happen again this year.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 01:20:51 AM »
I like all this thinking Martin.

There are few people I am really proud in the Flatland BMX, Ontario Canada scene/community.
That being Denny S(Mr. Manager..lol)and JW(The Montrealers) for taking the initiatives and directives to hold a successful event.

IF I was to award members doing self-less service towards their community through the
Actions Sports Coalition's Random Run Series(Unfortunately I no longer do this contest) it would go to Denny, Jean William P and Lachlan C(He is always positive, putting on mini-jams, and taking the time/effort to edit and share video footage for the sake of rider encouragement).

Maybe this summer I might gather some resources and put on a Jam to celebrate such efforts...Neela
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Lee

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 03:42:08 AM »

then you better come to our next jam...you're only an hour away  ;D

an hour?  so is that how far I have to travel to find a flat surface around here?

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 01:50:51 PM »
you're still in charlotte right? i would think there are tons of spots down there. there's a few guys that ride there if you can track them down then maybe they know some spots. will danner is one of the guys.
You look like Marty McFly!

Offline TheGingerKid

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 11:02:55 PM »

If you're in Maryland, I did Baltimore Jam last year, it'll most likely happen again this year.

I live about 15 min north from Maryland in south central PA. Bmore is like an 1.75 hrs away maybe.

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 05:39:37 PM »
hey guys, i ride in a public library parking lot, that is always empty in the back half.
it'd be a really good spot for a jam, but i'm not sure who i should approach.

does anyone happen to know what dept. in the city i would need to contact?
The french don't know Rock & Roll.

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 05:07:56 PM »
hey guys, i ride in a public library parking lot, that is always empty in the back half.
it'd be a really good spot for a jam, but i'm not sure who i should approach.

does anyone happen to know what dept. in the city i would need to contact?

Every City has a Sport and Rec dept. Contact them and ask for a rep who can help you.
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE