Author Topic: anyone in/near savannah ga?  (Read 2912 times)

Offline thestraw

• Backpacker
anyone in/near savannah ga?
« on: March 07, 2011, 02:42:48 AM »
i'll be in savannah this sat march 12, if anyone is there and wants to ride HOLLA

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
Re: anyone in/near savannah ga?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 03:16:46 PM »
You missed me by 16 years....

Offline LASŪ

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 07:30:55 PM »
i used to ride at the civic center across from ogelthorpe house a few years back...it was a good scene

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 08:13:06 PM »
A lot of good riding happened at the Civic Center parking lot in the early 90's.  I grew up on Wilmington Island though, so I usually rode out there on the weekdays, but on the weekends I'd hit up downtown and ride at either Forsyth by the fountain, Civic Center, Visitor's Center, or River St. by the big stair stage.  Sometimes all of them in one day.  I did my first level rail on River St.  I learned things like double pegades, hiker to jump to cross footed hiker, and multiple whiplashes at the Visitor's Center.     

Offline LASŪ

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 12:25:59 AM »
i rode there from around '01 - '04...river street was fun too, sometimes i'd be rolling on the bricks by the water and they'd shift around in the middle of a run, good times.  there was a parking lot that was at whitaker st. and harris st., right by pulaski square i used to ride at all the time.  it was fun too, because it was so easy to just hop from spot to spot on the bike and kick it with all kinds of people.