Author Topic: Indoors / Sports hall riders..  (Read 3284 times)

Offline Andrew..

• Backpacker
Indoors / Sports hall riders..
« on: February 27, 2011, 03:10:08 PM »
Right so there is a sports hall where I live, and I'd kill to ride in it until the weather sorts itself out... I just haven't a clue where to start explaining what I do to the staff there, I get the idea that if you mention riding a bike in there they'd be straight up 'no way' as they more than likely have no idea what flatland is.
So anyone that rides in a sports hall / indoors, what's the best way to get across to sporty types what you do without them laughing you out of the place? Maybe take a laptop with a couple vids on or something?? Any suggestions welcome..!
Isn't that bike a bit small for you?

Offline cow

• Cliffhanger
  • neglect not the talents in thee............
Re: Indoors / Sports hall riders..
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »
how about doing a video of you riding then showing it to them.
Whatever you want in life is gonna take some effort on your part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fact is, freestyle riding was, is, and will always be evolving and moving in different directions. So just do what you want and have fun with it. Trends come and go.- TYRONE WILLIAMS

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 03:44:15 PM »
I had some success by exchanging some indoor riding time for a demo for kids...or maybe you can teach a class to kids later in the year. It's fun.

Offline Callum

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 07:39:07 PM »
Just thought i'd bump this thread as I need some advise on how to ask a school to let me ride in the playground after school hours and weekends etc..

The primary school has just gotten some real nice smooth parking lot out the front but I was thinking of riding behind the school but they have cameras and a sign saying "trespassers will be prosecuted" I'd rather not take the risk etc..

I used to go to school in there but since then the Principle has changed and I've never met her..

How should I go about asking her to ride around the back after school hours and at weekends/holidays..? I'm really not too sure how to explain what I do either haha.. I'm only a beginner and don't have any tricks in the bag to make a video really..

Offline Flatland-Cris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 04:58:19 AM »
Just thought i'd bump this thread as I need some advise on how to ask a school to let me ride in the playground after school hours and weekends etc..

The primary school has just gotten some real nice smooth parking lot out the front but I was thinking of riding behind the school but they have cameras and a sign saying "trespassers will be prosecuted" I'd rather not take the risk etc..

I used to go to school in there but since then the Principle has changed and I've never met her..

How should I go about asking her to ride around the back after school hours and at weekends/holidays..? I'm really not too sure how to explain what I do either haha.. I'm only a beginner and don't have any tricks in the bag to make a video really..

f*ck asking throw your bike over the gate and ride till you get caught  :beer:
Keep it flat!

Offline Callum

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 07:40:58 PM »

I would but if I get kicked out of there without asking I will have no where else to go. Living in the country-side sucks ass.

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 02:15:31 AM »

I would but if I get kicked out of there without asking I will have no where else to go. Living in the country-side sucks ass.

Yet if you ask and are denied, you gain nothing.