Author Topic: Redbull Battle at the Bricks  (Read 26504 times)

Offline AlanYoung

• Funky Chicken
  • No chance if you dont take one.
Re: Redbull Battle at the Bricks
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2011, 03:39:43 PM »
Pro's attending thus far are Matthias Dandois, Alex Jumelin, Dominik, Bo Wade, Matt Wilhelm, and Terry Adams.  Adam Kun and Dez Marseen are looking promising also.

Offline Burd

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2011, 03:51:52 PM »
Would be really nice if Moto could make it again this year...

Offline bmiddaugh

• Backpacker
    • BMXNJ.com
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2011, 04:48:10 PM »
If I wanted to go back to the old repertoire, there are a TON of things I could do.  I could still do a fire hydrant to funky chicken to funky chicken-whips to a spinning front yard, but who cares?  Locomotive, backyard, rope-a-roni, karl kruzer, puppet, stick-b.  Pedal-picker.  Fire hydrant to side squeaker.  I could put on a rear brake and do fire hydrant to decade, or backward wheelie to decade, or maybe a double-decade 25% of the time...but who cares?

Well...I can relate to that statement, if I were to go back and compete, that'd be where I would be at. But I just like to ride and have a good time and laugh a bit, I mean at 45, what would be the point of it anyhow?
Usually a Veteran's class is for people who have been in a sport a looong time (25 years +). A lot of times those people were professional at one point or another.
I'm guessing from what I read though that the point of the AMFLAT Vet class is to get riders 30+ to ride in it who are above beginner - intermediate level (are the above mentioned tricks beginner level now or are they irrelevant because they are no longer done as stand alone tricks.)
From my point of view (I'm a bit seasoned at...45, I've been around freestyle and flatland since 1984) You may want to push the Vet class (eventually) in this direction.
Age 35+ (In your early 30's you are still in decent enough shape to do well and could be in any class from beginner to Pro, over 35-36, time starts to catch up for the average bean)
Skill level - Intermediate to Expert (as in, the question should be asked did you ever compete in other contests as a novice-inter-ex)
I mean The K or Chase could go in the Vet class since they are near my age but...it would sorta be ridiculous to have people who are ex pros in a class like that. (Even though that would probably never happen.)

Considering the age of flatland freestyle (really got rolling 1985-1987) many of the returning guys who might want to roll in a class would fit into a 35+ inter-ex skill level class.

I get confused though by the Masters and Pro thing...is Masters a sort of "B" level pro...or really good expert?
Usually in other sports a Masters class is again the sub Pro class of older competitors with Vet being the realllly old ex pro - top am competitors.

Big ups to Steve L for taking the effort to make all this come together, any contest series is not easy to get together...I know.
Peace from BMXNJ

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2011, 08:12:04 PM »
Thanks for the props. I don't run the individual events (except for York Tuner Evo) Iave tried to explain the different levels of the classes in the circuit. I'll try again.

Two Categories... Amateur and Pro.  Like other sports, professional is the highest level.

Amateur would be any rider below pro. This includes alot of riders, thus defined classes. Forget what other sports call their classes. For flatland the classes would be defined as beginner, intermediate, expert, master. Master being the highest amateur level before pro.

So again... From lowest level to highest (regardless of what other sports call it)
Beginner
Intermediate
Expert
Master
Pro

Different people have a different view on where Veteran Class should fit in.  I believe that the more vet class is run at events the more defined it will get.

Offline indyflatjake

• Hitchhiker
    • Midwest Flatland
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2011, 07:59:09 PM »
Registration page for Battle at the bricks is up. We ask that anyone looking to compete help us out and preregister for the contest. The website link is http://battleatthebricks.com/

Thanks

Lee

« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2011, 01:12:04 AM »
Registration page for Battle at the bricks is up. We ask that anyone looking to compete help us out and preregister for the contest. The website link is http://battleatthebricks.com/

Thanks

I'm still not clear on teh difference between master and pro class.  can anyone of any age enter pro?

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2011, 02:36:20 AM »
Might get a chance to hit this comp now.  Would most likely be a one day whirlwind trip though.  What time is the earliest Masters would ride on Saturday???  Thanks Steve!

Brian

Offline AlanYoung

• Funky Chicken
  • No chance if you dont take one.
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2011, 05:55:10 AM »
Pro - If you have equal riding ability to Matt Wilhelm, Matthias, Terry Adams or anyone pro listed. Pretty self explanatory.

Master - A rider who has a very high level of riding and tricks, which can almost be considered  to Pro level. These riders include Bryan Huffman, John Dowker, Jody Temple, Tyler Gilliard.

If unsure send me a video of your latest riding and i can help you out.

Offline indyflatjake

• Hitchhiker
    • Midwest Flatland
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2011, 07:09:03 PM »
The hotel for the event is the radisson inn located at the Indianapolis, International Airport, aprox 5 miles from the venue , the discounted rate of 125 a night is available though the code BMX BLOCK and the discounted rate is only available till the April 26th. Given this is the 100th aniversary of the indy 500 all hotels in the area are expected to book up quick and even roach motels will be well over 100 that weekend. the link for the radisson is

http://www.radisson.com/indianapolis-hotel-in-46241/inindair
again the rate is only good till the 26th

Offline indyflatjake

• Hitchhiker
    • Midwest Flatland
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2011, 07:47:39 AM »
Battle at the bricks, one month away. we also have the page listed at http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=168632456526440

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2011, 08:12:03 PM »
Host hotel is the Radisson from last years event. The rate is $125 until April 26th!!! The hotel is has been refurbished and we will be the first ones in the new rooms. Make sure to call and ask for the BMX BLOCK asap.

Ramada Hotel Indianapolis Airport
http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=17666

Hey - not a big deal but the Radisson is mentioned as the host hotel, but the link is Ramada??
You look like Marty McFly!

Offline indyflatjake

• Hitchhiker
    • Midwest Flatland
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2011, 07:51:45 PM »
Red Bull Battle at the Bricks pre jam will take place Friday may 27th from 5 to  10 pm. anyone wanting details about the prejam can send me a PM or e mail me at midwest.flatland@yahoo.com

Jake