Author Topic: Flatware frame update / release?  (Read 4054 times)

Offline indyBarber73

• Cliffhanger
Re: Flatware frame update / release?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 10:29:42 PM »
I did a show with Terry few months ago and from what i could tell is it is mid bottom bracket,3/8 drop out 18.9 top tube great bike i rode it personally it felt just like my strowler but lighter

Offline robpossible

• GF Inhabitant
  • Crackpacker to kitchen table
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 01:22:11 AM »
Quote from FF:
***We expect these to arrive the week of February 21st. Orders yours NOW to be sure you get one. The first batch is very limited and the silver paint is exclusive to Flatlandfuel!

The long awaited Flatware frame from Odyssey and Terry Adams.

HT: 75 deg
ST: 72 deg
TT: 18.9”
CS: 12.5” slammed
BB Height: 11.85”
BB Type: Mid
HT Type: Integrated

Features:

- Removable brake and Gyro® hardware
- 41-Thermal® processing throughout
- Limited Lifetime Warranty! (flatland use only)
- Post-weld machining on the head tube and bottom bracket for precision bearing fit
- 3/8” axle slots with cutting grooves for 14mm
- Rustproof coating prior to paint finishing

Weight: 3.9lb/1769g
1st law of thermodynamics: Energy can not be created or destroyed, it only changes in form.

Offline rawchild

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 02:35:20 AM »
 what exactly is limited lifetime warranty?
If something broke on the frame and you were doing something other than "flatland" how is the company going to know any different? Other than the owners word.

Hey Meg...check this out.

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 05:26:05 AM »
If something broke on the frame and you were doing something other than "flatland" how is the company going to know any different? Other than the owners word.

that means the frame is covered as long as you are riding flat. If you there are grind marks on the dropouts or other obvious signs of street riding then it wont be covered.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

Offline Mr. Acid Green

• Backpacker
  • beware of the TROLL.
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 05:31:23 AM »

maybe after Terry releasing those edits mixing up street and flat they where worried someone try that and claims warranty after breaking the frame jumping some huge things....

please dont set yourself on fire.

Offline darren

• Backpacker
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 05:36:19 AM »
I've ridden with Terry quite a few times since he's started riding the production model and I have to say he rides that thing super super hard and has yet to have a problem with ANYTHING.  If you break or bend anything on that frame riding flat, you are a fvcking beast. 
Yo, we heard you liked Batman so we killed your parents.

Offline pwh4130

• Backpacker
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 06:06:59 PM »

It's the same warranty every other company has.  I'm in the bike industry.  These warranties are for manufacturer's defects generally.  You can generally tell if a bike broke from abuse or from a defect.  Odyssey has always been more than liberal with their warranty policy.  Also, I have been riding a Sunday frame for 5 years and it doesn't whimper.  I imagine they are using the same manufacturer, technology and quality control.  You won't have to worry about it.  They design things well.