Author Topic: Cutting down Odyssey Senior2 Plastic Pivotal seat  (Read 3796 times)

Offline SteveMulder

Cutting down Odyssey Senior2 Plastic Pivotal seat
« on: February 05, 2011, 05:03:34 PM »
Has anyone cut the nose down on the Odyssey Senior 2 plastic pivotal seat? I'm wanting to shorten the nose of mine but it appears to be made of 2 pieces of plastic (top and bottom) and it looks like it could become separated in the front if I cut it down.

Holla....

SM

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Cutting down Odyssey Senior2 Plastic Pivotal seat
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 05:23:29 PM »
http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=33538.0

just posted 4 days ago, please use the search button. ;D
The french don't know Rock & Roll.

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 05:32:23 PM »
I cut and sanded all over on mine. The front actually stayed together really well...the back, not so much.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 05:36:55 PM by jm »

Offline SteveMulder

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 05:40:31 PM »
I cut and sanded all over on mine. The front actually stayed together really well...the back, not so much.

Thanks JM, are you saying the back came apart when you cut the nose off?

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 05:42:05 PM »
no, the back came apart when I sanded and shaped the back too much. as far as the front, just cut it about where I did by that first cross member there and it should be fine.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 05:44:09 PM by jm »

Offline SteveMulder

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 05:52:30 PM »
no, the back came apart when I sanded and shaped the back too much. as far as the front, just cut it about where I did by that first cross member there and it should be fine.

Awesome, thanks so much for posting up the pics and the info, this was way more helpful than using the search feature, ha ha.

Ride on....

Offline pimpy rider

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 08:50:49 PM »
Im so stoked that MULDER is cutting the nose off his seat!!!   Nice!!  You guys will get a kick out of this if you havent already seen!!

My first and second prototype senior 2 custom handles.  Both are made from fiberglass strand reinforced body filler.  Maybe velo will smarten up and make a seat like this for the masses.  Problem is everyone else besides us likes getting rammed up the butt with their seat nose.  I have taken that thing to the hamstring and the quad so many times It was like the answer to my prayers when the pivotal seat came out.