Author Topic: FlatWebTV Episode 2  (Read 7223 times)

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
Re: FlatWebTV Episode 2
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 12:07:49 AM »
I actually thought it was pretty cool.  It's good to see some sort of commentary other than forums and such.  I watched both episodes and was impressed on the progression of the show and the topics they talked about.  I look forward to seening the next ones in the future.  This is a good idea in my opinion. 

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 03:57:51 AM »
Definitely much better. It at least has more of it's own flavor now. Keep working on it!

I think Byke has a point, but only if you assume that everybody lives on global-flat 24/7. Some guys don't. Nothing wrong with having another avenue to talk about flat and start discussions.
Kids, you only get one face in life - don't spend it on pavement

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 07:19:47 AM »
I dont understand flatweb tv ......

They rehash old internet debates from forums, and then the presenters become the "Chat pannel" only to then dictate a point of view that cant be responded to?

Kinda reminds me of State run TV in undemocratic, dictatorial countries.

Personally I would rather read one of Lea's Articles "Can we please stop talking about my tits" or one of Kzoh "I would hit anything as long as I cant see it when I turn off the light" threads.

Seriously, its like watching a TV show about people watching TV.

You don't understand it because you don't ride flatland. It's just that simple. The show is a recap of recent flatland news and happenings along with some commentary. What the f*ck is so hard to figure out about that? And yes, it sure as sh*t can be responded to. You just did it. You can take it a step further and make a video response, but no one would watch it.

This type of negativity is why I rarely visit the forums anymore. Constructive criticism is one thing, but your are just a straight up hateful prick.

Offline LASŪ

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 08:08:14 AM »
peace and love
video review by the ZAIBATSU TV: flat crap (flat web tv parody)

LMAO!!!

Personally I would rather read one of Lea's Articles "Can we please stop talking about my tits" or one of Kzoh "I would hit anything as long as I cant see it when I turn off the light" threads.

LOL...

This type of negativity is why I rarely visit the forums anymore.
done and done.

Offline 5hane 2.0

• Backpacker
  • 1yr. + riding
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 04:22:18 PM »
I liked it a lot  :beer:
"Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius

Offline joe in portland

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 06:39:39 AM »
just watched episode #2,i liked it a bunch.nothing like it right now....byke you are a turd.bob haro called and he's not happy.stay on it fellas...joe

Offline darren

• Backpacker
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 07:07:52 AM »
Jowee took the words right out of my mouth. Damn...
Yo, we heard you liked Batman so we killed your parents.

Offline Jason Rideout

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 05:17:25 AM »
great episode,keep it up. maybe you guy can find a beer sponsor  :beer:
does where's waldo ride a fixie?

Offline iceqb25

• Backpacker
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 11:27:23 AM »
id like to see discusion of all kinds of different tricks and riding styles

Offline AB

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 06:01:50 PM »
Thanks for all the comments guys. Good or bad, it's good for us to hear it.

It's still only episode 2. We're eager to hear all these comments and we're still figuring things out and finding our style. So far it's been two 1-take shows, 30 minutes straight through without editing. We don't re-shoot anything (and with all that beer, who could?). We'll continue to improve. Thanks!

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 10:10:18 PM »
It actually reminded me to pick up some New Castle while I was @ the store.  I love that beer!  Keep it up guys! 

Offline Andrew..

• Backpacker
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2011, 10:20:22 PM »
My 2 cents.. I know you guys are probably constrained by time, resources and funds but it would be nice to see 'props' style sections like scene reports, rider bios, and contest / jam coverage. maybe you could work with people you know in other cities etc to help you with those things if you felt they were something to look into...
Isn't that bike a bit small for you?

Offline AB

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2011, 01:16:59 AM »
My 2 cents.. I know you guys are probably constrained by time, resources and funds but it would be nice to see 'props' style sections like scene reports, rider bios, and contest / jam coverage. maybe you could work with people you know in other cities etc to help you with those things if you felt they were something to look into...

It's a good 2 cents, and definitely those are some of the things we want to do as we get our legs under us. If we can make some good (reliable) contacts in other cities then scene reports and rider bios are not too hard to pull off. We definitely hope to get to a point where we can take submissions and turn them around into full on reports. We'll get there. Thanks for the feedback.

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 05:18:22 PM »
Getting bettter for sure.  But still a bit too dry.  Maybe when talking about a jam or web edits put them in full screen and talk over them instead of a terribly pixelated shot of your laptop screen.

I know you shoot them in 1 take straight through, but you do have some production added afterwards with text and such so putting in better resolution shots of your topics would add a TON to the show.  Are copyright issues what keep you from adding that type of content??

The parody was hiliarious!

Brian

Offline Everyday Paradise

• Backpacker
    • EverydayParadise
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2011, 12:14:52 AM »
Getting bettter for sure.  But still a bit too dry.  Maybe when talking about a jam or web edits put them in full screen and talk over them instead of a terribly pixelated shot of your laptop screen.

I know you shoot them in 1 take straight through, but you do have some production added afterwards with text and such so putting in better resolution shots of your topics would add a TON to the show.  Are copyright issues what keep you from adding that type of content??

The parody was hiliarious!

Brian

For the most part I'm trying to keep the content on the up and up so thats why. As things start picking I'll have more time to contact the content owner to see if i can get the rights to show the acuale

I'm finally getting used to creating stuff using Camtasia for the Mac to make those videos play better. 

Thanks for the feedback! It really helps us get better.