Author Topic: One Love Jam Photos by Sam  (Read 3836 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
One Love Jam Photos by Sam
« on: January 17, 2011, 12:47:49 PM »
Out of all my drives driving from San Diego to Los Angeles is one of the most dreaded drives imaginable. However every time I make it to the jam location, I am reminded of why I make the drive. Good times with friends, always a good session, and seeing the progression of the guys that show up is wild, new combos new tricks and variations, and always a new face or two. And every now and again dudes will make the drive from places like Nor-Cal or Arizona for a Jam, always a pleasure to see them.

The turn out for the One Love Jam, was phenomenal, the most riders to come out to a jam, since the end of the Hollywood Jam’s and Intrikat Jams. Even so just having people show up and show some support for the love and desire to Ride Flatland, is always a good time.

Photos: One Love Jam 2011 Gallery +
Time-lapse on YouTube Small | Large

Offline cj

• Cliffhanger
  • formless
    • sandmbikes.com
Re: One Love Jam Photos by Sam
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 05:56:22 PM »
That was a great jam. Sweet sessions, good times.
instagram.com/intrikatbmx

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:33:08 PM »
coooool
jam
55 riders showed up to ride, including a record 14 from NOR-CAL
which that many did not make the way down the coast since the
Intrikat jams.

Next jam should be up in Santa Rosa at the fairground spot, as it is huge
and we can get 40-60 riders there easily and there is the North Bay flat
house just down the street and my house is an easy 1 hour and 10 minutes
away.

Maybe trade in between Nor-Cal and  So-Cal jams in flat and just blow up the
Southern West Coast scene with this and I was talking to Darren about this a bit
about doing this.

Northern West Coast scene is Vancouver, Washington, Oregon and Idaho etc so you
know and the Southern West Coast is considered Nor-Cal, So-Cal, Nevada aka Las
Vegas etc, and Arizona.

LETS BLOW THIS SHIOOT UP!!

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 12:58:48 AM »
Okay the official love jam write up and CJ  took care of the photos
and  time lapsed things so I will be writing from the NOR-CAL view.

-Dylan Worsley came over to the Danville Flat House by 6PM and we were able to
get everything ready for the pickup by Mikey, Steve, and Wombat and don't ask why
we call him Wombat. We waited until 7:15Pm to get picked up and there was no sign
of ZORRO, my pet Raccoon and I have yet to see him lately which worries me.. enough
about the Coon! Dylan was able to park his VW bus in my garage and it is one of those
classic VW Buses you see in the car classic magazines!

-We were able to get everything loaded up in the huge van and head to Pete B.'s to
pick up Pete and Sean Parker, and getting there,pete was on a chair totally in pain
and i guess some type of nerve was pinched or something and he was having pains
in his back , legs and knees and his wife was laying this steam hot Chinese herbal type
cloth and medicine on his knees, so he could atleast walk upright. It was not know known
if he would able to go to L.A and after 20 minutes of extreme heated Chinese treatment
by his wife, he decided to go and despite still being still in pain...HARD CORE!

-Next stop was across the S.F. Bay, in Belmont which is below San mateo to pick up
Day Smith and we were able to pick him up but we had noticed how wobbly the back
hitch rack was and I mean it was sketchy and moving a lot and I had my bike on there
so It was f*ck IT and I said I would buy some rope at the local Walgreens and we can
rig the son of the bitch so we do not lose bikes...20 minutes later, we totally rigged the
back hitch rack to where it moved slightly, with Parker, myself, Dylan and Day's bike
on there. We ended up taking off from Belmont around 9PM. FIRST OF MANY THINGS
TO GO WRONG!

-Okay so we got down to L.A at @4AM and go to Mckinney's to drop off Day, Sean
Parker, Pete, and Dylan and then we were suppose to stay at Jason's house, who
works for Quamen and was a North Bay flat house resident for awhile and that went
totally awry to say the least and I was asleep in the third seat of the van, waiting for
us to get to Jason's and all the sudden 2 hours later, I wake up to a huge asthma
attack followed by a few others. I had then yelled at Mike when we were going to to
Jason's... which he said that we were all going to sleep in the van and to got to sleep.
My bag with the blankets and pillows were buried under bikes so basically I was
freezing, as it got cold enough in the van to trigger my asthma and bronchiotis
attacks and I was not a happy Mutt and after trying to get to my small bag with
inhaler failed, it was obvious that I would not get any sleep!

-Lets just say Mikey after I yelled at him, did not go back to sleep and I was just laying
there very angry and still having asthma attacks and wheezing, and Mikey I guess had
decided to go to a local Denny's for breakfast, which Mikey made sure I knew I woke
him up with my Asthma and mumblings with only 1 hour of sleep...I gave half of my
breakfast to Stephen H., since he did not have the money to get breakfast and because
well breakfast is a important meal to have! 4 hours of sleep and a hot meal and we are
off to Quamen.

-Well if you can say most of Friday and the day of Pre-jam was mostly a waste of a day
and it was spent going between Quamen and Mckinney's or spending a lot of time at
Quamen, as Mikey had problems with his headset and new front end setup which took
time to figure out and fix and we finally got to the Studio City lot and rode, after wasting
most of the day at Quamen. It is not that I did not like to be at Quamen, I would of really
rather spent it riding at the Pre-jam and then it got worse...........

-I was suppose to meet this rider to spent the night at his house in Apple Valley and
you know who you are.... well he did not show up either day and I was not about to
spend the night again in the van so I went across the street to a motel and stayed there
until everyone else from Nor-Cal came there and they got another room and I had 4
people in my room, after trying to escape them all, as I had enough so far with things
going wrong.

-Let me say the rooms were the worst place you can stay at and the beds were holes
in the middle of them, cochroaches, dark as hell and well the electronic outlets did not
work, my door did not even shut correctly. I turned on the heater and within 5 minutes
it was 100F so I turned it off and yeah I paid $67.00 for the room and each person was
an extra $15.00. The worst rooms ever and the hotel on Sunset, makes this place look
like staying in a horse stable. Jesse P., Mikey, Dylan etc was in my room and I ended
getting 6 hours sleep, not much better than the night before but at least the shower
was half decent.... but it gets worse...

-I swear I had thought that there was some type of fight going on and Sean Parker
had told us that he had thought the same, but the motel manager and his friends had
decided to have a pickup game of basketball at 2AM and also drink beer and were
yelling and I had gotten my pants on and went out to confront them. Lets just say I
was told to go back to my room and go back to sleep, which I could not because of
these Afghan f*cks and I almost got into a fist fight with them. Come on..f*ck what
the hell and I paid $67.00 for this...... yeah I was so glad to check out of that cochroach
hotel.. sometimes I wish i still carried my 45!

- Okay lets just say the rest of the day went well, despite being very tired and fighting
stomach flu or something, as the weekend was not going as planned and I was sick by
the day of the jam with my asthma and stomach going at full steam... Doggy farts!

-Okay numbers..33 flat riders by 11:45AM and this was a good number since the
fact that the pre-jam had some 20 flat riders or so and we had stayed out there
riding until 11PM, the night before. The jam at its height had 55 FLAT RIDERS, which
is considered a small medium sized FLAT JAM. Okay some of the big riders there was
Pete B, Jesse P, Chad J. (CJ), Bo Wade, Day S., Chris Day, Sean M., Shayne K., Booby
C., Hollywood Steve, The DUKE, Dylan Worsley and many others..like Max, Dave B.
from  New York, Paula from Vancouver...

*We had 3 female flatlanders out there in Paula, Silver C. and Punky Brewster and it
was good to see so many female flatlanders out there and by the way Silver bike got
stolen a few weeks back and now has put a new bike pretty much together..a Colony
Cube frame etc.....

-I can tell you that Pete  B. and Jesse was battling it out all day and you would get really
dizzy just watching those two go off and it was a duel to the flatland death between those
two friends and they put on quite a show. There was also a camera tri-pod circle area
where they had set up a photo type setup for the magazines and people like Max, Bo
Wade and others were seen busting out for the cameras and the magazines.

-Space for riding was sorta of tight and I was moved out of my riding area a few
times by intruding riding , but hell it was a jam and there was a lot of riders there
riding which was good. Temps were good all weekend with FRIDAY at 76F, SATURDAY
AT 78F and for those who went to the NEWPORT BEACH AFTER FLAT SESSION on
SUNDAY, it was 77F. I was wearing shorts and t-shirts during the day while I was down
there and better than the 41-49F lately up in NOR-CAL and all the rain/sleet too and I
just did not look forward to going back to NOR-CAL and the cold/wet weather and I
wished we could stay down there longer. But I by 7PM, was ready to head back to
NOR-CAL, as I was tired and sick and had enough of this already, despite the very
warm temps and sun, which we have not seen for months!@

-Let me say the prizes for the jam was awesome and they gave out Primo bags to
us all or most of us.. Sorry OSG but your ass out! The whole jam was well put on
and organized and this jams will only get bigger, as the rep grows and I am hoping
it gets to the size of the old INTRIKAT JAMS and I am looking forward to the next one
in March or early April. It is Jams like these that will blow up the Southern WEST COAST
FLATLAND SCENE and this is what we need since the HOLLYWOOD JAMS and INTRIKAT
JAMS are not happening anymore and we had 105-115 riders show up for the INTRIKAT
JAMS and at 55 riders at this last one, we are half way there now to getting these jams
to that level!

-Another little fact..14 NOR-CAL flat riders came down for the ONE LOVE JAM and 8
in the innertwine van and 4 more in a rented mini van in Jason, Kyle, YING and OSG
plus Shayne and Darren who are now Nor-Cal flat riders, also was there. Dave B. from
New York is now living in Nor-Cal for now and who knows he may stay here and the
migration to Nor-Cal continues. 14 NOR-CAL FLAT RIDERS is the largest amount of flat
riders coming down from NOR-CAL since the INTRIKAT JAMS!!

-The trip back to NOR-CAL was nothing really special, except we ended up staying in
HB with Jason and thanks Jason and I love your shower and we also spent some time
at the locaL sports bar with Mckinney, called SUUDS and both the NFL play off games
came on and the LA LAKERS/LA CLIPPERS game and if anyone did not know, Jesse P.
is an avid and die hard LAKERS fan, just watch him watch a LAKERS game and yeah
he gets loose! I went to the local Del Taco to get some food while the drunkards drank
and ate Nachos, and played pool and I was banned from playing pool, because Jesse
and Pete told everyone I was a pool shark, which I am a good pool player and last time
I beat Pete, Jesse and Sean and everyone really bad!

YEAH YOU CAN NOT EVEN HANDLE ME!   LOL

-I SAW CHIAGO BEARS BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THE SEAHAWKS AND THAT IS ALL SINCE
I WAS IN DEL TACO and by the time we got Back to Mckinney;s, it was 4pm and we packed
the stuff up and Jesse left his car at Mckinney's since he was going back up with us for a
visit, as usual and we headed to Santa Monica to pick up this French Girl that Jesse knew
and we got lost and then finally found the Hostel that she was at, picked her up and took
up the 405 to the 5 and North..6 hours later we dropped off Day, then Pete and then myself
and Dylan at 12:30AM.

A LONG WEEKEND BUT FUN BUT THERE WAS SOME THINGS THAT WENT WRONG AND THE
FACT THAT WE ALMOST ATE sh*t TWICE GOING BACK DOWN THE GRAPEVINE, WHEN THE
BRAKES LOCKED UP AND WE SMELT BURNT RUBBER AND BRAKES... PULLING OVER FOR
10 MINUTES WHILE THEY COOLED DOWN, AND MIKEY GOT SQUIRRELY ON THE PASSES
AND MOUNTAINS  BETWEEN THE 5 AND 101 AND WE ALMOST WENT OVER THE CLIFF,
AND I WAS AWAKE FOR THE REST OF THE TIME AFTER THAT ONE...  LOL! WOMBAT IS
BANNED FROM DRIVING THE VAN AGAIN, I MEAN I SAW MY LIFE FLASH BEFORE ME 2
TIMES WITHIN AN HOUR..BAD WOMBAT, BAD BATBOY! THIS AND EVERYTHING ELSE
THAT WENT WRONG, WELL IT WAS AN ADVENTURE AND A HALF THIS LAST WEEKEND!

FOR US, IT WAS JUST ANOTHER ROAD TRIP TO L.A.!

YEAH RIGHT!!

LOL
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 01:03:12 AM by rideflat43 »

Offline splf1

• Hitchhiker
    • www.onelovebmx.com
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 05:39:40 AM »
Thanks again guys for coming out. We will see you guys next year. If you got some footage please post them up. Thanks again. Peace.

One Love Jam
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 05:45:46 AM by splf1 »

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 08:19:14 AM »
nice imitation of me Pete
but you didd not get me choking the chicken
lol

nice footage though!

Offline Paulatrix

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 12:38:39 AM »
I had a great time. Thanks to all who came and made it big. Thanks to Sean F. For putting Mikey and I up for the jam. Thanks to Richard for giving us a local tour, and thanks to all of you who spent time to document this event.  It was a blast to see those I haven't seen for awhile, and to meet those I've never met before.
Just one highlight for myself... Chad Johnston knew who I was! Lol I'm still stoked on that!   

byke

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 09:01:19 AM »