Author Topic: Who are the most financially successful flatlanders?  (Read 22406 times)

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
Who are the most financially successful flatlanders?
« on: January 03, 2011, 08:41:42 PM »
Doing a quick tally in my head of flatlanders in general and frustrated with the realization that many, many of us are struggling horribly financially and in many other parts of life, I started wondering who, if any of us, is doing the well in terms of money or other parts of life?  

I'm not talking about pro riders salary here (since most pro riders barely make more than minimum wage anyway), I'm thinking about others who are involved with riding but have accomplished other stuff and are doctors, dentists, lawyers, businessmen, MBA recipients, etc. and earn money through something other than their riding skills.  Do we have anyone like that?  Past or present.   After a year that has seen some of our more talented pro riders literally digging through dumpsters to live, living in homeless shelters, and struggling with crushing poverty, mental illness, etc. I'd like to hear some positivity for 2011.  
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:47:55 PM by D »

Offline B-random Fantom

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Who are the most financially successful flatlanders?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 08:48:17 PM »
 After a year that has seen some of our more talented pro riders literally digging through dumpsters to live, living in homeless shelters, and struggling with crushing poverty, and mental illness...

Woah, who are you talking about here?

My guess is that Art Thomasson (NASA employee) makes the most money and maybe Matt Wilhelm with all the shows he does. I make a bare survival wage.
Enough! I grow weary of your foolishness ninjas.

Offline DLK

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 09:30:25 PM »
 After a year that has seen some of our more talented pro riders literally digging through dumpsters to live, living in homeless shelters, and struggling with crushing poverty, and mental illness...

I think he's referring to Dirty Hearn

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 09:37:23 PM »

about the dumpster diving, yes, but not about anything else on that list. 

Offline DLK

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 09:41:00 PM »

about the dumpster diving, yes, but not about anything else on that list. 

Yeah, that's what I meant. Thanks for clarifying D.

Offline manniedamaniac

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 10:27:31 PM »
I believe Terry Adams is into real estate. I think he owns a few places and rents them out to people for profit.

Offline dan4130

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 12:31:08 AM »
that meyer kid doing okay ...........38 and doesnt have to a regular job
IF FLATLAND EVER HAS A DEBATE TEAM. I WANT T.J. PERRY AS MY CAPTAIN!!

Offline saad

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 12:38:45 AM »
i think chasse gouin  is the best because  he was old school rider

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 01:21:57 AM »
i think chasse gouin  is the best because  he was old school rider

uhhhh

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 02:46:24 AM »
lolololololololololol

Offline darren

• Backpacker
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 03:01:35 AM »
Troll is unsuccessful...
Yo, we heard you liked Batman so we killed your parents.

Offline Bermudaman2000

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 03:02:45 AM »
Doing a quick tally in my head of flatlanders in general and frustrated with the realization that many, many of us are struggling horribly financially and in many other parts of life, I started wondering who, if any of us, is doing the well in terms of money or other parts of life?  

I'm not talking about pro riders salary here (since most pro riders barely make more than minimum wage anyway), I'm thinking about others who are involved with riding but have accomplished other stuff and are doctors, dentists, lawyers, businessmen, MBA recipients, etc. and earn money through something other than their riding skills.  Do we have anyone like that?  Past or present.   After a year that has seen some of our more talented pro riders literally digging through dumpsters to live, living in homeless shelters, and struggling with crushing poverty, mental illness, etc. I'd like to hear some positivity for 2011.  
This is a very good topic. I have taken a long break from riding because of personal and financial problems in my life. I would also like to know who here has been hit HARD by the 2008 recession? Has it affected your riding? Right now, I can't think (or afford to think) of anything else except money right now. I could ride, but I'd feel so guilty during and after the process.

Aside from that I guess Patrick Schoolen is doing alright.

Offline Bermudaman2000

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 03:13:30 AM »
I think this thread should be made into a poll.

But my financial status is bad. I can't even afford a motorbike (Here in Bermuda, motorcycles are the most popular means of transportation). I can't afford a divorce from my golddigging wife. And I need to relocate to the states soon before my dad kicks the bucket. I have 2 houses coming to me in Texas and I don't even know how to drive in that country yet. I only have 1 job. And a little side hustle going on for me through Ebay. It's not enough though $$$.

Offline 1pyroace1

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 04:02:12 AM »
terry adams is by so far makin money
"you may not change the world but you can change a part of it"

Offline Nails

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 05:03:07 AM »
Maybe this thread should just be "What do you do and how much do you make?"
I'm sure most riders are or will eventually be financially stable. Just because your ride bikes a lot doesn't mean you have to be a bum.
still learning