Author Topic: New Column: Lea Dobrowski - Boobs, BMX Bikes, Beer and ME  (Read 47472 times)

cee el p

Re: New Column: Lea Dobrowski - Boobs, BMX Bikes, Beer and ME
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2011, 05:30:43 PM »
Sorry no ones gettin in this ladies pants, excpet for my bf, hahaha
I dont think you understand how it works lea , you dont choose pro flatlanders , pro flatlanders choose you!

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2011, 05:41:58 PM »
Breasts and beer aside, what is the honest reason for why she has an article and any other beginner doesn't? I'm not knocking you Lea, I'm just trying to put things in perspective here.

There are LOTS of driven beginners with their own perspectives on riding and what not, but I cannot fathom or come up with a single reason for why she will have an article other than "OMG BREASTS", and that seems to detract from any meaningful sentiment that might come out of it in the first place.

Offline Lea Dobrowski-Silva

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2011, 05:51:19 PM »
Simply put, It is because I am a serious rider, believe it or not, that is a woman rider, that can take jokes, and joke right back without getting offended. My time put in on my bike is serious to me, riding jams and contests is serious to me, my passion for flatland and bmx in general is a priority in my life. I ride super hard and no matter how many guys try to push me down, or talk sh*t on my riding, I don't give up. And for a lot of women in a lot of sports including BMX they give up when they get pushed down, or they loose their motivation. No not all women are this way but a lot of women even when still motivated and still in their sport they take insults, and joking or not joking comments to a whole other level where it wasn't supposed to go. I on the other hand can take the insults and the jokes and come back with a few myself. I am an amateur that is a girl, that is why I am the beginner with the article. To try and motivate those frustrated newbs, and those frustrated girls. And to write some articles for everyone, if for nothing else to entertain with a few sly, sexist or sarcastic comments thrown in somewhere.

Offline Chris@BHB

• Funky Chicken
    • BrickHouseBikes.com
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2011, 06:13:33 PM »
A lovely young lady who seriously loves flatland and who is outgoing enough to take on writing a column about flatland from a beginners and a woman's perspective....  Its a fairly unique situation.   It all sounds good to me.    Fun too...   We are all supposed to be having fun here right?     Plus all women have breasts!   Big to small a like them all..... ;D
brickhousebikes.com

Offline jason_21218

• Backpacker
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2011, 06:34:37 PM »
Simply put, It is because I am a serious rider, believe it or not, that is a woman rider, that can take jokes, and joke right back without getting offended. My time put in on my bike is serious to me, riding jams and contests is serious to me, my passion for flatland and bmx in general is a priority in my life. I ride super hard and no matter how many guys try to push me down, or talk sh*t on my riding, I don't give up. And for a lot of women in a lot of sports including BMX they give up when they get pushed down, or they loose their motivation. No not all women are this way but a lot of women even when still motivated and still in their sport they take insults, and joking or not joking comments to a whole other level where it wasn't supposed to go. I on the other hand can take the insults and the jokes and come back with a few myself. I am an amateur that is a girl, that is why I am the beginner with the article. To try and motivate those frustrated newbs, and those frustrated girls. And to write some articles for everyone, if for nothing else to entertain with a few sly, sexist or sarcastic comments thrown in somewhere.

Well put. The point is, it's always a good thing when young ladies engage in sports of any kind- this column  shows the way for girls who might not see 'xtreme' stuff as an option......

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2011, 06:39:07 PM »

I understand all that, but my question still stands. If not for being a woman, would the offer to write articles be extended? I doubt it even though I'm sure your capable of writing something interesting or funny. I don't mean any offense by this either, I just don't quite understand what the priority is for reading what you're writing over another beginner other than you being a woman. We all ride bikes here, and I don't think sex has very much to do with it other than the fact that it seems like every other poster here is ready to tell you to get "back in the kitchen" or some sh*t.

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2011, 07:35:14 PM »
boys, cut the lady some slack for f*ck sake.
Flat-ism

Offline Nails

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2011, 10:58:07 PM »
Cut her some slack? This thread is staying at the top and she's getting a ton of attention for her blog, obviously she isn't bother by our sexist remarks, doesn't make it any less fun though. It's a win-win

Hey Lea honest question, do they feel like they have tennis balls inside them?
still learning

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2011, 11:01:17 PM »
Cut her some slack? This thread is staying at the top and she's getting a ton of attention for her blog, obviously she isn't bother by our sexist remarks, doesn't make it any less fun though. It's a win-win

Hey Lea honest question, do they feel like they have tennis balls inside them?

you have a very apt signature for your posts.

still learning indeed.

Offline Nails

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2011, 11:13:02 PM »
What? I just want to know
still learning

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2011, 11:30:29 PM »
That has got to be the dumbest question. They don't implant tennis balls so why would they feel that way? Look up what silicone feels like.... oh that's right... real, now other implants like saline.... hard and they wripple.... seriously google it, sure u'll find some fun facts that u can post on this thread lol actually it's too bad ur not my neighbor because my doctor gave me an implant to keep so I can play with it and try and break.... best toy ever.... dude that weighs over 250 stepped on that thing and it still didn't break. sh*ts sweet

Offline Nails

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2011, 11:43:25 PM »
I didn't think it was a stupid question, I've only felt fake tits once but I legit felt like there were tennis balls in them so I was wondering what all the hype was because I didn't enjoy it at all.
Maybe I need to go find some silicone ones :s
still learning

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2011, 11:50:11 PM »
Hahaha well that chick must have had a bad doctor or saline implants... ew, but I have seen some pretty crapy tit jobs also sometimes when girls get them under the muscle they are really hard and don't move, always thought that was a bad idea.

Offline Blindingsun

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2011, 11:52:19 PM »
Tits or no tits. you're still only doing backward steams,

Yinka Thomas on the other hand has been riding less than a year and he's like 16 and he's busting way harder stuff than you are.. and he's sponsored.

where's his article?
You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands. A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke. In Interwebs his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To Troll! Period! Win by attrition. Well Blindingsun was the best

Offline darren

• Backpacker
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2011, 12:32:37 AM »
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 12:35:33 AM by darren »
Yo, we heard you liked Batman so we killed your parents.