Author Topic: Global-flat pimped: The YouTube Flatland Video Library  (Read 6296 times)

Offline Vic

• Cliffhanger
  • New Zealand
Re: Global-flat pimped: The YouTube Flatland Video Library
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 02:22:55 AM »
what is crap for you? when i see one rider doing tricks, novice o pro, i respect their expresion, his art you soul when he ride, men..... novice o pro.

I didn't say I could judge whats crap and whats not, that all comes down to opinon, its just that the news item said this would be a collection of flat videos, but theres already a big collection. The aim of the global-flat collection should be to group videos. It's easy to find flat videos on youtube, it's just bad when some good videos aren't tagged properly so they're harder to find. I find heaps of flat videos when I search, but I might get the odd skateboard flat video, so thats where this idea comes in.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 02:24:42 AM by Vic »
griOt: "I suggest start learning Hang5. This trick will open a lot of doors, such as courage"

Offline Andywood

• Hitchhiker
    • My myspace
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 03:48:42 AM »
I like the way it looks now, this is a great idea, which can still be improved...  I mentioned solo riders and event coverage since that's how I organise videos on my computer, and it works for me.  I wouldnt want to see it divided into too many sections.  I think what is more important is to ensure that videos are named properly, so users can find who or what they want to see, using a simple browser search or search facility provided on the site...  for example the video called "flatland video" is not named well enough (its actually a very good edit from 2006 long beach jam).

Another question is who moderates it?  I would like to think that it will not be possible for people to post up sections from ripped videos/dvds, which can undercut the industry, and are out there on youtube.

Cheers Martin.

Andy

BMXfreak

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 09:30:04 PM »
i think you need to to put something that doesnt let the same video be posted twice cause one video is already posted twice and it will probobly happen again with so many videos and its anoyinggg

and also someone posted a global flat video thats already here on the site
?