Author Topic: new guy  (Read 3596 times)

Offline misterskin

• "No, it's not my kid's bike."
new guy
« on: December 06, 2010, 09:00:59 AM »
i just scored...and i have to share (gloat).
KHE "The Paris" frame, customs build wheels (shadow conspiracy rims, KHE hubs - giesha light on rear w/free coaster), KHE bars, pegs, bottom bracket and chain. ALL BRAND NEW......$80.00 EIGHTY.... EIGHT ZERO. period.
Super stoked. Not done any kind of flatland in YEARS and didnt have the money to really get back in it until now. Super Craigslist find.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/misterskin2000/Photo12052028.jpg

Already have cranks, pedals, stem (not the one I want, but one that will get me by)

What I Need: Fork, Tires/Tubes, Brakes/Levers, Headset, Seat/Post/Clamp

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
Re: new guy
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 09:51:41 AM »
80 DOLLAR! for all of this?!
holy sh*t thats a good deal!!

If your planning to stop with flatland, you know where to find me! hehehe

good luck with learning flatland!

Offline SiC

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 12:21:32 AM »
Wow, how did you score all that with only $80.00  :huh:

Have fun :)
Old school newbie from Japan

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
  • New York rules, Boston drools!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 04:56:11 AM »
KHE "The Paris" frame, customs build wheels (shadow conspiracy rims, KHE hubs - giesha light on rear w/free coaster), KHE bars, pegs, bottom bracket and chain. ALL BRAND NEW......$80.00 EIGHTY.... EIGHT ZERO. period.
Super stoked. Not done any kind of flatland in YEARS and didnt have the money to really get back in it until now. Super Craigslist find.

Already have cranks, pedals, stem (not the one I want, but one that will get me by)

Post the ad or it didn't happen.
Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.

Offline darren

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 06:25:18 AM »
I'll give you $100 for all that. You can make $20 off the deal. Just sayin.
Yo, we heard you liked Batman so we killed your parents.

Offline Mario Saldana

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 08:58:57 AM »
ill give u $100 for that wheelset
IG: mas_xiii

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 05:13:33 PM »

golden!
The french don't know Rock & Roll.

Offline misterskin

• "No, it's not my kid's bike."
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 03:16:47 AM »

[/quote]
[/quote]

It was Dallas Craigslist add, actually in Denton, TX.  He removed it after it all sold I guess.  He had a BUNCH of stuff listed.  I have gotten hella deals on craigslist this past year.  Got my little boy's jr. redline for 35 bucks.  I have basically nothing in my 20 in. failure grade 1 complete custom build (offered a guy a trade on a crossbow that i paid a few bucks for at a garage sale).  Bought a brand new hoffman rythme complete for 85 bucks and ended up trading it to another guy on craigslist for a 24 inch bmx cruiser.....with custom parts.  You just have to check it a couple of times a day, be lucky and have the ability to travel a little to get the stuff.

hell, i actually saw an article this past year about some kid that was g=checking the "give aways" on craigslist, collecting crap, resale/trading it off on other craigslist adds and ended up with a damn near new car within a year of up-swapping.

Offline kgy

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 04:06:11 AM »
ill give u 200 for the wheel set

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 03:39:07 PM »
Sweet deal
All things in life are temporary. If going well...enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don’t worry, they can't last long either.