Author Topic: Global-flat pimped: The YouTube Flatland Video Library  (Read 6297 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Global-flat pimped: The YouTube Flatland Video Library
« on: June 13, 2007, 10:54:39 PM »
Do you like videos ? Yes, probably you do. Then you probably also like YouTube. But looking for good flatland videos can be a bit annoying sometimes since there are toooo many videos. That's why we decided to start a YouTube flatland video collection. All the registered users can add videos and everybody can watch them of course. So that's basically a community project to collect all the flatland videos flying around out there. At the moment it's kinda minimalistic but with your help it's going to grow in the future! The video library is part of our video section: click here to check it out   and to add your favourite videos.

Offline jffe

• Deathtrucker
Re: Global-flat pimped: The YouTube Flatland Video Library
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 11:00:44 PM »
----Sure, yootoob is great, til someone starts stealing yer sh*t and posting it there without permission, like my old York Jam 95' video there on yer list that gets posted every week by some new digital-thief. I can't see advertising for a BILLION $ company (or providing them with any free content), let them steal from someone who can afford to sue them.

jffe

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 11:08:55 PM »
----Sure, yootoob is great, til someone starts stealing yer sh*t and posting it there without permission, like my old York Jam 95' video there on yer list that gets posted every week by some new digital-thief. I can't see advertising for a BILLION $ company (or providing them with any free content), let them steal from someone who can afford to sue them.

jffe

Well I think most of our videos are on youtube as well ;) But I see it as free advertisement for our sport.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 11:13:55 PM by martin »

Offline Kev

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
  • Did you see what I said?
    • Virtual Flatland instructor
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 11:19:50 PM »
Nice idea, Martin!

BMXfreak

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 12:03:23 AM »
this idea is great!!!!

i think you should let us post vids from video.google.com and myspace too
theres some good stuff posted on there
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 12:14:34 AM by bmxfreak »

Offline jffe

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 01:26:28 AM »

jffe

Well I think most of our videos are on youtube as well ;) But I see it as free advertisement for our sport.

----I would agree up to a point. Ie = I'm not trying to make $ and sell sh*t like you are. I post here (used to post on pedal) when I have a new video clip to show, I'm not stingy, don' t even begin paint me like that thank you, it's about yootoob selling themselves to google for what $1.6 BILLION. And how much did you get of that ?  I know I got zero. Keep flatland where it pays and makes money for people. If Mtv wants to pay Terry Adams, or Matt Wilhem, or whoever, a couple grand and fly them out to ride for 45 minutes, then they can own that footage and post it on yootoob to sell their crap to the kids. I personally want my sh*t shown in full quality, and only where no one makes money off people's riding talent, and my time spent hacking the video together. Same thing as you, different bottom line is all, you = making $, I and the riders in my videos = not getting paid for that video, or as a result of it.

jffe

Offline charlh5

• Cliffhanger
    • http://flatlandlatino.tk
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 06:54:20 AM »
Thanks for the oportunity, i hope and enjoy my videos, but some one posted my video of jason forde of my space in youtube (FENIXFLAT), here in globalflat my are CHARLH5, and  :angry: :angry: I am a nuisance
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 06:57:10 AM by charlh5 »

Offline Andywood

• Hitchhiker
    • My myspace
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 11:48:38 AM »
This is a good idea, I like it.  It already it has a lot of videos, perhaps it would be good to have a few categories (e.g. event coverage, solo riders etc) to make it easier to find something relevant to watch? 

Offline Kev

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
  • Did you see what I said?
    • Virtual Flatland instructor
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 03:07:06 PM »
This is a good idea, I like it.  It already it has a lot of videos, perhaps it would be good to have a few categories (e.g. event coverage, solo riders etc) to make it easier to find something relevant to watch? 

Great idea...

Offline Vic

• Cliffhanger
  • New Zealand
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 10:16:41 PM »
"looking for good flatland videos can be a bit annoying sometimes since there are toooo many videos" ... "a community project to collect all the flatland videos flying around out there."

Seems like it'll be the same, just less choice. It'll just be good to sort out the "good videos" from the crap videos, but who decides whats good and whats not?
griOt: "I suggest start learning Hang5. This trick will open a lot of doors, such as courage"

Offline charlh5

• Cliffhanger
    • http://flatlandlatino.tk
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 11:37:07 PM »
what is crap for you? when i see one rider doing tricks, novice o pro, i respect their expresion, his art you soul when he ride, men..... novice o pro.

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 11:42:55 PM »
"looking for good flatland videos can be a bit annoying sometimes since there are toooo many videos"

Search for "flatland" on youtube .. you won't even find a bike in the first 2 videos ... and it's the same for many other keywords ..

We'll add new feature to this section step by step. Take a look, there are preview pics for the video now.

BMXfreak

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 11:47:19 PM »
making sub categories like event coverege and solo riders is a great idea, i think you should deffinitly do that cause there are probobly gonna be a lot of videos on this list to search through

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 11:49:13 PM »
making sub categories like event coverege and solo riders is a great idea, i think you should deffinitly do that cause there are probobly gonna be a lot of videos on this list to search through

Next feature.

- Events
- Solo Riders
- more ?  :huh:

TJ Perry

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 12:34:24 AM »
This is f*cking awesome.