Author Topic: Flatmatters: how do you deal with the winter?  (Read 27244 times)

Offline stuntnuts

• Cliffhanger
Re: Flatmatters: how do you deal with the winter?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 06:07:43 PM »
I've got just about enough room in my basement to roll halflashes without crashing into my furnace, hot water heater, oil tank, and summer car wheels and tires.  :rolleyes:

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 09:06:45 PM »
I deal with the winter by going out and riding everyday just like i do in the summer .
:beer:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 09:21:17 PM by mare »

Offline ne- stone

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 01:20:11 AM »
Here in Kennington is NO DEAL!
In desperation of getting a PROPER PLACE to ride throughout the 6 months winter in the U.K
i've even tried to negociate with the consil people in charge of this local"ex school"(now a sports center)so i could get access to the INDOOR VOLEYBALL COURTS to do flatland workshops for the local kids(since kids like to see me riding by the school),but as usual the answer was NO as they claimed they ONLY RENT THEM.
Question is: how can they f*cking rent something that belongs to the consil and is meant to be for the neighborhood public use.???

It seems that it's gonna be another FLATLAND NO WAY for another 6 months

Offline RobWire

• Backpacker
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 02:25:39 AM »
i will be riding at the beach over the winter! theres an outdoor place with a roof right outside the beaches bathrooms. it seems pretty smooth and is a good size. only thing is i dont have a license and its 3 miles away in the snow so ill need to get dropped of and picked up. i want to make a vid there so ill see how it goes.

Offline clone0001

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 04:21:19 AM »
Gloves or mittens? Discuss.

Offline ross636

• Backpacker
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 05:00:40 AM »
I deal with the winter by going out and riding everyday just like i do in the summer .
this just not every day , man i hate work lol

Offline keyoshi

• Funky Chicken
  • Old and New.
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2010, 05:46:06 PM »
IMO if winter to you is 32 degrees fahrenheit or more, you are not included!  ^_^

I beg and plea with people to use different facilities that I think may give me a chance. I even have a 1 page insurance waiver if they bring up the liability thing, never works. Everyone pretends to be scared of being sued or having the floors marked up unless you mention money. However the money is always like $1,000 plus with a contract.

So, I will be riding in my cold ass mostly dry garage that gives me about a 12x12 area. In Wisconsin we have a long cold very windy winter. It's major suckage. Time to move back to Orlando!  :beer:

Offline Troza

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2010, 06:32:13 PM »
lucky its almost summer over here right now, so its not a problem for another 6 months! =P

but in winter I just rug up a bit more/ride during the afternoon when its warmer, the only problem I have is when it rains as I currently have no undercover spot to ride =(

or be like the pros and just hope on a plane and go somewhere its not cold? if only we were all so lucky!

Offline frankalone

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2010, 08:16:55 PM »
 :angry:   my spot is RIP now!!!  here is what is was .... now its just a garage again wit way too much crap in it  there goes my nice winter spot   
Frank Macchio - 8 x 12 flat part Small | Large

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2010, 09:26:54 PM »
Not much of a winter here, so I actually ride more in those months. The heat in the summer here can kill you. Not the winter.

Offline DenisTez BMX

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 11:34:32 AM »
:angry:   my spot is RIP now!!!  here is what is was .... now its just a garage again wit way too much crap in it  there goes my nice winter spot    Frank Macchio - 8 x 12 flat part

nicee :) after a while practising in there geting out in summer must feel like a free man out off jail hehe  :beer:
☮☮☮☮☮
☮Peace☮
☮☮☮☮☮

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 03:36:01 PM »
I try to avoid my indoor riding spot(garage) as much as possible , because I would rather be outside, but I think I spent the better part of this year in there w/ heat in the winter, and the air conditioner running in the hot as hell summer we had. 

All in all , you really can't complain if you have access to either a indoor riding spot, or you live in a part of the country that allows you to ride year round.

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2010, 04:17:14 PM »
total move to Gulfport Mississippi, weather is a little bit warmer then Shreveport Lousisana. and thats where the family will stay for 6 or 7 months then moving to Slidel for awhile
All things in life are temporary. If going well...enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don’t worry, they can't last long either.

Offline keyoshi

• Funky Chicken
  • Old and New.
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 06:26:16 PM »
Damn Frank, making the most of your space! Bummer it's full now.
That's even less then space then I have and I thought I was cramped. yikes!

Offline Flatland-Cris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 08:29:42 PM »
griptape ,shovel and lettng the tyres down abit!  :beer:
Keep it flat!