Author Topic: So what happened to that concerned mom?  (Read 8446 times)

Offline Blindingsun

• Hitchhiker
Re: So what happened to that concerned mom?
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2010, 11:24:40 PM »
im sorry for my lack of knowlage ... but what the f*ck is troll,trolling ? haha ive been trying to figure it out for ages but no luck

Ha ha, nice try. ;D :beer:
that dosent answer my question ! lol what is it ? is it american slang or somthing im not getting?:S
Trolling is slang for being obvious.
You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands. A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke. In Interwebs his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To Troll! Period! Win by attrition. Well Blindingsun was the best

Offline 1pyroace1

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2010, 11:34:44 PM »
you guys got to grow up and it probably would have been funnier if it was on april fools
"you may not change the world but you can change a part of it"

Offline Blindingsun

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2010, 11:37:21 PM »
you guys got to grow up and it probably would have been funnier if it was on april fools
we "got to grow up"?

1. really? do we?
2. so we can do what? be miserable farts?
You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands. A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke. In Interwebs his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To Troll! Period! Win by attrition. Well Blindingsun was the best

cee el p

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2010, 12:18:45 AM »
oh hai yeh lets all wait for a made up day to do something we can do all the time for funz . noob.

Offline E-motion

• Backpacker
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2010, 01:21:46 AM »
Hey im sorry to anyone pissed off about it.  I'm really sorry Brandon.  I know it was in bad taste to make up a story about a kid in a coma.

I didnt intend for it to get out of hand like this. I dont consider anyone a victim of this troll. Just wanted to see how it would turn out.  It wasnt really that funny. TBH the first part (the story and background info) was just the setup- I was getting to the part about lawsuits , the investigation from the CCU(cyber crimes unti) - which was going to hopefulyl turn into a bigger mess - when unfortunately the thread was deleted.

anyways. sorry brandon. So you tried to help out a mom with a kid in a coma. why should you feel bad? you did the right thing. most people were just assholes about it. anyways again, I'm really sorry to waste your time.

Offline E-motion

• Backpacker
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2010, 01:25:30 AM »
I can't believe so many fell for it. That first post had so many holes in the story. That's why I responded the way I did, picking apart all the obvious B.S.  I guess ultimately all I did was feed the troll.

yeah your a regular sherlock holmes bud

Offline B-random Fantom

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2010, 01:45:15 AM »
Hey im sorry to anyone pissed off about it.  I'm really sorry Brandon.  I know it was in bad taste to make up a story about a kid in a coma.

I didnt intend for it to get out of hand like this. I dont consider anyone a victim of this troll. Just wanted to see how it would turn out.  It wasnt really that funny. TBH the first part (the story and background info) was just the setup- I was getting to the part about lawsuits , the investigation from the CCU(cyber crimes unti) - which was going to hopefulyl turn into a bigger mess - when unfortunately the thread was deleted.

anyways. sorry brandon. So you tried to help out a mom with a kid in a coma. why should you feel bad? you did the right thing. most people were just assholes about it. anyways again, I'm really sorry to waste your time.

It's alright man but now I get to waste your time next time we jam together. You get to watch me try your no-handed in-front of the bars whiplash until I land one, be prepared to wait quite a while, heh.
Enough! I grow weary of your foolishness ninjas.

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2010, 01:57:17 AM »
I deleted the thread. I too wasn't sure if it was real or a troll attempt, then he mentioned a lawsuit againt Global which got me curious, so I checked the IP and it didn't match the Michigan location, so I was really suspicious. I guessed it could be E-motion and he came forward. He was being funny. Sorry to Brandon and the others who tried to help. The problem is we don't know who is genuine and who isn't. Its so hard to tell, so we can't just delete anything that looks sus. If you guys want it back I can put it in open talk, but its not really much value here you know.....

@Flatland-Cris. A troll is someone who baits others. Posts things awaiting the predicted replies, stirring up others, making fun of people to amuse themselves. Basically clowning around.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 01:59:07 AM by Paradoxium »

Offline darren

• Backpacker
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2010, 04:53:55 AM »
I smelled troll before I clicked the link to the thread..

Yes, I'm just that good..
Yo, we heard you liked Batman so we killed your parents.

Offline Flatland-Cris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2010, 05:17:08 AM »
thanks guys for the update
Keep it flat!

Offline keyoshi

• Funky Chicken
  • Old and New.
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2010, 08:11:14 PM »
/shrug. I found it amusing for whatever reason I find things like that pretty funny though I would rarely do it myself. I just find humor in human nature and curiosity I suppose. I say keep it up. Next time, PM the Admins and let them know your up to no good!  :wacko: