Author Topic: Custom 3/8" wheel slammers. Look in!  (Read 2959 times)

Offline The End

• Backpacker
Custom 3/8" wheel slammers. Look in!
« on: November 10, 2010, 03:55:21 PM »
Hey,

Just thought I'd pass the word on to everyone else that there is a guy based in Alberta, Canada that has his own little machine shop and makes little parts out of aluminium blocks. I think they are 6061 grade.

But yeah, basically, he can make anything like 3/8" wheel slammers which were unheard of in the market... and anything else like super thin or super thick aluminium spacers and washers in varying sizes for whatever you need them for. I found the perfect dimensions to fit the gap between my hub and dropouts so there's one really practical application for you!

I know some people swear by no-tensioners whatsoever, and others still choose to run tugs but these slammers are pretty cheap considering they are custom-made for you and can choose whichever sizes you want (in mm) on either side.

Also, he can make peg adaptors:

Cost is 15$ for sizes up to 5mm slamming segment
20$ for sizes over 5mm
(prices in Canadian dollars)
Peg adaptors- *I believe off the top of myhead* they were $10 per pair. But you can ask Ray directly about that

Washers can be bargained with, I got a set of 8 or so in various sizes for $5 with the slammers.

Shipping within Canada and to US is cheap. Shipping to the UK and Europe isn't bad either... It cost me only $11 CAD to get it sent to the UK in under 10 business days.

I can vouch for the guy, he is legit and is very prompt with emails and service.

Payment accepted via PayPal, and his contact address is: chr0nic_0_@hotmail.com

Offline The End

• Backpacker
Re: Custom 3/8" wheel slammers. Look in!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 09:19:47 PM »
Other parts aren't totally out of the question either.

Custom alu pegs, anyone?

But yeah, the slammers are really that damn good. It turns a nightmare of a bike into something slap-on and go!

moncho

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 01:56:38 AM »
Can he make a conical shaped 35mm headset spacer like this one?:

Offline chronic

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 06:30:02 AM »
Hey bud,

Out of carbon fiber? no, unfortunately. However if you wanted one out of aluminum I could probably do it?

moncho

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 01:34:23 PM »
Hey bud,

Out of carbon fiber? no, unfortunately. However if you wanted one out of aluminum I could probably do it?

My bad man, yes out of aluminum^_^
Sorry I wasn't more specific.

Please contact me directly: rlopezcolon@yahoo.com
Thanks!