Author Topic: Problem with frame; KHE/Flatlandfuel.  (Read 17158 times)

Offline Sean Paul

• Funky Chicken
Problem with frame; KHE/Flatlandfuel.
« on: November 05, 2010, 10:42:52 PM »
http://iriez.blogspot.com/2010/11/proof-that-kheflatlandfuel-is-screwing.html

Hate or like, I dont care. Im going off FACTS (all documented in the above blog).
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 06:36:31 AM by Paradoxium »

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Proof that KHE/Flatlandfuel is screwing their customers
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 10:50:54 PM »
Hmmmm...... I miss Iriez' vids and posts, sorry about your frame bro. Thanks for postimg,this should be a hit though.

Offline 1pyroace1

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 12:46:53 AM »
damn that sucks if we can't trust ff what other site we can buy for frames?
"you may not change the world but you can change a part of it"

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 06:56:45 AM »
have to say, as an international customer to flatlandfuel, other than the high shipping charges, i am TOTALLY SATISFIED with the customer service support that patrick schoolen and company provides.

1) made an order around a year back, during the year end discount promotion, which includes profile flatland cranks, titanium spindle  and primo 7005 balance rims. upon recieving my package, i found powdercoating blemish on the profile arms, sand within the arms, the sprocket-bolt boss on the right arm welded on crooked and splines on the titanium spindle were damage on one side due to shipping. pat was quick to reply and to make arrangements for me to have my parts warrentied through profile's matt coplan.
both were a breeze to deal with, considering the New Year holidays were coming up and i recieved my parts about a month later in late january.

2) after a period of installation (6mth, they were my back-up wheelset) and a week of use, a primo 7005 balance rims blew out the sidewalls, had the inner wall cave-in and spokes nipples pull through on both rims. once again, patrick came through with quick replies and advice. can't say the same with eric @ primo thought, he replied only after repeated emails (3, once a week), around 3 weeks later. they did warrenty my rims but i had to pay shipping for the rims to be returned which they(tip plus/primo) didn't reimburst - i have now the most expensive pair of bmx rims (unintentionly) in singapore...

i'm playing the role of the devil's advocate here, as a fellow rider, i feel for iriez...

your problem -

1) the warrenty of most company covers first owner/ manufacturing defects over a limited time period; warrenties over the stated conditions are @ the companies discretion. neither the first st.martin frame from T.J. or the 2nd khe rip fullfils the conditions - you bought the diamond frame from T.J knowing how he feels about that frame (also documented on g-flat) and the way he rides; by having the first 2ND-HAND st. martin diamond frame warrentied for you is actually doing you a favour. 2nd hand is 2nd hand, one hour or the 'mint-ness' of the frame is beside the point...

2) they were right/have the right to say that during the duration of the first rip being missing/ stolen, you couldn't account for the possible abuse they might occur; as much as that isn't your fault and sucks to hear...

3) 3 frame cracking @ similar spots (if i'm not mistaken, i read on g-flat that the 2nd-hand diamond from T.J also cracked @ the T.T to S.T juncture), maybe it's just you or the types of tricks that you are learning that causes them to crack that way? i know/ heard of riders cracking their frames in rapid succession (new frame every other month) from learning whoppers and general progressive riding.

4) khe's distro made you an offer of below wholesale price on a frame which you wanted (a-damm<wasn't stated if its was the pro or the standard version>) in an attempt 'to make peace' but it appears that you rejected them, so how is it their fault?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 07:02:03 AM by K.Wong »

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 09:38:26 AM »
Dude that sucks! Im guessing the RIP 2 had welding/strength issues? I cain my rip all the time and its still going strong other than being a little twisted.... Only ever heard of 2 other black rips being broken and that was due to whoppers both admitted by the riders. Maybe something you do causes this to happen? This frame is not a whopper durable or heavy landing frame in my opinion...  

How come they are nearly new but look like sh*t? Do you look after your bikes?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 09:40:41 AM by khe killah™ »

Offline 5hane 2.0

• Backpacker
  • 1yr. + riding
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 12:26:48 PM »
Hmmmm...... I miss Iriez' vids and posts, sorry about your frame bro. Thanks for postimg,this should be a hit though.

Ya me too.  He's still putting up vids on youtube, and they're really good.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 12:45:41 PM »
Sean not being here made this place a bit more peaceful so i don't see how you can miss him.

I bought a khe hub off FF and it had play in it, its a factory defect but there isn't much you can do about it cause there is no warranty on hubs.. patrick did offer to purchase the same hub for half price despite the fact he is not obligated to do it.

ye the thing with the frame sucks, but its more of KHE's problem that they don't care much about parts as soon as they leave their doorway rather than Patrick's customer service.

thePOWERhour

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 01:03:29 PM »
I think its KHE, who you should be mad at, not Patrick.

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 01:58:36 PM »
ahahahahaha Iriez, nuff said.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Really.
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 01:59:11 PM »
I loved the part about the "clearly implied message".

KHE's explanation was perfect. The frames look seriously hacked up...bought 2nd hand, stolen and returned? Exactly when would the manufacturer's responsibility expire?

Each bike doesn't have a little timer on it, where you log "hours ridden", counting down to a point where "you own it".

Seriously, frames break.     Frames break!

byke

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 02:13:44 PM »
Can someone post up some better pics of the frames, wiped down from grease?
It would be interesting to see more digital evidence to see if this is a design error or simply the wrong product for the wrong person.

Anyone else cracked their rip in the same place?

cee el p

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 03:18:42 PM »
It would be interesting to see more digital evidence to see if this is a design error or simply the wrong product for the wrong person.

Yeh josh briars in the uk did his in the same place if i remember .

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
  • New York rules, Boston drools!
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 03:24:50 PM »

I know two guys who owned the first R.I.P. and their frames cracked in the exact same spot after only a few months. They never even attempted any whoppers. They're just the average "must-decade-out-of-every-combo" kinda guys.

I had the exact same problem with my Deltas (2, 3, and 4). They all cracked at the top tube/seat tube junction after only a few months. Deltas 2 and 4 were bought new, while the Delta 3 was bought second hand (it was only a few weeks old and looked brand new and unused). All frames, regardless of make or model, need some kinda reinforcement in said area.

Posted by Iriez Friday, November 5, 2010:
It appears to me that the only way you can get your faulty parts replaced in this niche flatland market is by either being sponsored, very very well known, or on a personal level with the retailers or distributors. The entire situation REEKS of a giant unethical monopoly. I was even told originally that I would not be able to get ANYTHING done without contacting patrick because flatlandfuel is PAID for each warranty claim. I assume this is reimbursement for shipping costs and time/labor. However, how can you force your customer to use a specific retailer????

In california that is illegal in accordance to our consumer laws. You can NEVER force a customer to be monopolized by a single retailer.

Seriously Sean, are you for real? You had a binding contract with Pat, not with QBP or KHE! It's Pat's responsibility to handle the warranty claim for you (he's obliged by law). Nothing illegal here! I highly doubt that this is illegal anywhere in the world. In fact, it's common practice.

You cannot go to any bike shop and say "Hi, I recently bought this frame. Well, I bought it from another bike shop, but now it's broken" and expect them to handle the warranty claim for you just because they do business with the same distributor. If they do it for you, consider yourself a lucky bastard. But they don't have to because they're not obliged by law.

That's how these things work. And if you don't understand that, or if you don't want to understand that, well, I'm not sorry to say that, but that's your problem!

What makes this even more ridiculous is the fact that you chose a frame because of a company's warranty policy rather than looking for quality!

I specifically purchased your brand/frame through the advice of patrick from FF based on *warranty support*

http://iriez.blogspot.com/2010/11/proof-that-kheflatlandfuel-is-screwing.html

Hate or like, I dont care. Im going off FACTS (all documented in the above blog).

"Hate it or like it, I don't care"? Typical statement of someone who doesn't want to hear or see the truth!

YOU are twisting the facts!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 04:04:32 PM by Furball »
Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.

byke

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 03:40:07 PM »

Yeh josh briars in the uk did his in the same place if i remember .

Any idea if it was a rip 1 or rip 2?

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 04:07:18 PM »
All frames, regardless of make or model, need some kinda reinforcement in said area.

i totally egree with furball about that. all of my frames cracked on that exact spot and on seatstay bridge welds. and that was even before i tried any whoippers, so i thing it has nothing to do with manufacturer in this case. and sean i dont know how can u blame patrick for smthnk like this. i realy dont get it....
peace