Author Topic: Money+Flatland = Personal Progession  (Read 3110 times)

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
Money+Flatland = Personal Progession
« on: January 23, 2011, 06:43:53 PM »
A very interesting thing has just recently happen. There was a bounty put on a death truck. For riders were in competition for this bounty. John Yull has just recently hit it. It really reminds me of some ideas we were having. This could be a great motivator between friends to push each other for personal progression. Big Props to John for pulling a death truck first!

The deathtruck bet..

Keep on Riding!

Offline indyBarber73

• Cliffhanger
Re: Money+Flatland = Personal Progession
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 06:51:34 PM »
very fun trick indeed.congrats on hitting that,nice job

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 07:01:47 PM »
The story goes, I really wanted to learn a Death Truck this year...a dream trick of mine for the past 20 years.  I put the $50 bucks up for grabs as a way to motivate me and a few of my friends...with John taking the cash!  He really pushed himself harder than the other contenders.  I took "hit" about a week ago, and chipped two of my teeth.  John took a hit to his head and had a golf ball size bump on his head...but John put his big boy pants on and got the job done.

I love progression with friends...

Death Truck looks good, he pulled it smooth.  He wants to link it to a Dump Truck.   ;D :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
"A puppet no more!"

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 09:13:06 PM »
Wow, I got knocked right out of that bet...it even cost Tod a front tooth!

High stakes, dudes!

Offline indyBarber73

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 09:48:42 PM »
The name of the trick says it all,i ate it a bunch knocked the wind out of my self and get racked at the same time numerous times it took me the longest to learn from start to finish.one of the coolest funnest tricks of all time no doubt,congrats again on the nice job

Offline iceqb25

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 11:23:07 PM »
thats a really cool idea! :ph34r:

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 01:35:10 AM »
Wow, I got knocked right out of that bet...it even cost Tod a front tooth!

High stakes, dudes!

Rick...so the contest is now going a step further.  John is taking his winnings and adding it to the next trick contest.  He gets to call out what trick he wants(I think the next one is Backwards Whiplash...ala, Dennis McCoy style) and then the game is on.  Winner takes the $50 from this contest, and the $50 from the new one.  Winner takes the hundred bucks...and then chooses the new contest, and the new participants.  He gets to keep the hundred bucks, or donate it to the next round of "Learn a Trick, don't be a D*ck"...ha, ha...I just made that up, I need to work on that... ^_^ :rolleyes:

Anywho...it's a great way to progress with your friends...you know those tricks you have been playin' with, but never really got serious about.

Oh...and I'm not giving up on the Death Truck just because the challenge is done.  That sh*t is still gonna get done!
"A puppet no more!"

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 01:36:00 AM »
The name of the trick says it all,i ate it a bunch knocked the wind out of my self and get racked at the same time numerous times it took me the longest to learn from start to finish.one of the coolest funnest tricks of all time no doubt,congrats again on the nice job

My new grill really appreciates the trick...he, he, he. 
"A puppet no more!"

Offline D

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 04:16:16 PM »
I would've thought Yull would've had that one down way back in the day......Cool to see someone who's been around for a while learning new stuff though.  John's part in the Trend flatland video back in the early 90's was a big inspiration when I was younger!

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 05:27:18 PM »
I would've thought Yull would've had that one down way back in the day......Cool to see someone who's been around for a while learning new stuff though.  John's part in the Trend flatland video back in the early 90's was a big inspiration when I was younger!

Yull did indeed have the trick back then(from what he tells me), but we decided it would be cool for him to participate since him and a few others that were in the bet hadn't done them in years.  But honestly, since returning to flat, Yull is not resting on his previous tricks...he jumped right in, took his brakes off and is learning a lot of new things.  He's got some Footjam Decade variations that I have never seen before...he's all about the progression.

D, do you remember a trick called the "Invisible Hand"?  It's a trick Yull did back in the late 80's...he doesn't remember ever doing it, but I found a picture of him doing it in a Hutch Trickstar II test in an old magazine.  We might have to resurect that one...it's a way cool trick!
"A puppet no more!"

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 12:03:51 AM »
Such a rad idea. Props to all involved. Way to be Tod  :beer:
I'm like the brown LL Cool J.

Offline MarylandFlat

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 04:46:43 AM »
I really wanna tackle death trucks this summer. Can anybody give me tips on the technique used to learn them? Did you start by pushing off into the death truck postion from your feet to get the hang of rolling the trick first or did you begin learning it from a peg wheelie?