Author Topic: What's so great about Frequency G's?  (Read 5927 times)

Offline 5hane 2.0

• Backpacker
  • 1yr. + riding
Re: What's so great about Frequency G's?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 03:41:31 PM »
I'd say keeping your area cleaner would be a good idea, but lol you seem to know what you're doing. Surprised you got a lot of flats before but not with the Suelos. My Suelos are about 2 months old and they have a few cuts and gouges in them. The casue of flats can be weird... Are you sure they were caused by crap you rode over?

Ya I've been very surprised how well my suelos have held up.  And I sweep almost every day but I have two different spots that I ride at and one is harder to keep clean because 18 wheelers use that area .  Staples actually cause about 1/2 of my flats.  Things are very hard to see once they rust and they are hard to sweep up.  

Those colony tires look rad.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius

Offline 5hane 2.0

• Backpacker
  • 1yr. + riding
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 03:43:56 PM »
My freqs are OK but they sure could do better 'cause they seem to wear a little fast.Just 3 months and the front tire is at half of his life  :angry:

Ya mine wear out kind of fast also.  I hear people talk like they ride them for six months or so and I seem to have to replace them every 2 months about.  Maybe I just ride more or my surface is rougher that I realized. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 05:25:40 PM by 5hane 2.0 »
"Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius

Offline bransyeah

• Backpacker
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 04:19:10 PM »
Yeah you ride a lot man! Sometimes when I'm at he uni I'm just thinking of getting out of class and just go ride the rest of the day!Studying sucks so far 'cause I get in at 8 in the mornig and get out at 7 in the afternoon...Imagine all the time I have for ride.Plus girlfriend is always calling when I get out!And that's something you can't run away from! hahahhah!

If only weekends were longer......... :ph34r:
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

jm

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 09:15:08 PM »
I switched from G's to Comets and I'll never go back.
comets don't pick up any stones, they grip really well, lightweight, easy on and off, roll and turbine well, and last longer than the G's did for me. I think they're also less expensive.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 05:38:57 AM by jm »

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 09:37:18 PM »
primo comets are nice, but the fact they were available at 1.5 only or 2.0 (are they still only at those prices) kept me away from them.

in the end frequency g tires are really good for most surfaces

katobmx

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 02:28:52 AM »
I think Comets and G's are the Best tires period. Although KHE's are good too they're not really practical as they dont last long. I'm in the process of testing Comets..the aonly problem is that they slip out on me when i carve deep in say Mccircle type tricks where the G's do not because they have that extended"tread" on the sidewall. I wouldnt ride anything other than these two tires for daily riding use

Offline cunners

• Backpacker
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 12:40:27 PM »
i run 1.5 comets at about 70psi, seems to make them last a bit longer and less slippery on real smooth sufaces, freq gs take ages to wear in and once they are there worn out, comets all the way

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 06:22:20 PM »

primo should just make a foldable wall, in 1.75 too.  the wall wasn't a bad tire.

I bugged Primo about this during the last few Interbikes, but no dice... they kept saying there's already a 1.75 V-Monster and Comet. Guess they didn't know that the Wall had a pretty good following with flat riders.

I'm on Frequency G's primarily because Ares A-Class tires are too expensive (and, based on ABA closing up, unavailable?) in the U.S.  In Japan, the A-Class tire was all I rode...

Offline darren

• Backpacker
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 08:00:42 PM »
primo comets are nice, but the fact they were available at 1.5 only or 2.0 (are they still only at those prices) kept me away from them.

in the end frequency g tires are really good for most surfaces

the 1.5s are like 2mm smaller than the 1.75 suelos.  i compared my comets to my buddys suelos the other day when we put them on.  i really dont know about the life of the tire tho.  i run mine at 110-120psi and ride at least 2 hrs a day on decently smooth concrete.  the tires still look pretty good after 2 weeks..
Yo, we heard you liked Batman so we killed your parents.

katobmx

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2010, 08:39:12 PM »
Anybody ever thought of a dual compound tire?

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2010, 08:43:30 PM »
I switched from G's to Comets and I'll never go back.
comets don't pick up any trash, they grip really well, lightweight, easy on and off, roll and turbine well, and last longer than the G's did. I think they're also less expensive. G's are actually my least favorite tire.

if i was to reply to this thread, thats exactly what i would type. been on comets for a year now. never going back.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.