Poll

Given all the issues, would you still risk ordering a Chimera?

Hell No
113 (85%)
Yes
20 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Author Topic: Chimera's New problems / Jason's dropout issues / New pro rider ?  (Read 45639 times)

byke

Extra : I would like to ask the mods to act responsibly regards to this thread. As this isn't the first time a rider has had issues with those being held to account. So please leave this thread here so we dont get into another issue where riders and posters from global-flat get ripped off as we did with another company a few months back as we saw regarding "precision products".

JASON ::: PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED IN REGARDS TO WHAT HAPPENS WITH YOUR CLAIM.

Well for the second time in a row, Kamil from Chimera decided to delete his advertising thread after another rider / GF poster (Jason) discovered a whole host of issues on a frame he received which he hasn't been able to ride as he cant even put a rear wheel into the frame to roll arround on as its been built too narrow ... some of the issues are :

Rear Triangle too narrow (cant fit a wheel see pic - it should be at least 110mm wide).
Headtube offset (welded on wrong)
Brake mounts on wrong (welded on wrong)
Gyro tabs in wrong position. (because of the bad welding)

etc etc .....

And again, when this issue was brought to the attention of Kamil.
It was automatically deflected as if in some way it was Jasons fault and then the thread was subsequently deleted by Kamil.

Luckily for both Jason and the readers on GF I saved the thread and all the photos so that we can monitor this issue and ensure that yet another rider doesn't get f*ked over.

Lets hope that Kamil can step up and take responsibility for his errors, and not try to brush Jason off with a "offer a really nice price on the next frame" but in fact either refund Jason IN FULL or fix ALL the issues that Chimera made at their expense including all the postage cost incurred both to and from Jason's house. Personally I wouldn't want the frame to be fixed as by having to cut and re weld so many tubes etc, would result in the material being so perverted you wouldn't know where or when it would break as the heat from all the welding will have aged the material in a unreliable way.

I want to add , if anyone pays allot of cash for a product and then gets a broken product.
Why on earth would they want a nice price on the next product?
As essentially they are just paying more money for the same original product that they ordered but never received.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 01:14:56 PM by byke »

?uest

Re: Chimers New problems / Jasons dropout issues / New pro rider ?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 09:59:01 AM »
FU*K a DuCK some people never learn

its hard to feel sorry for the poor saps that CONTINUE to support this company its shi**y product

same with (un) Precision Products
(crackhead) Marcel rips off riders
comes back
rips off more riders

its like you guys are Mentally Retarded with a Trust Fund

Kamil from Chimera do us a favor and just GO AWAY!

....UNLESS

you could convince just a couple of more riders to buy in that
"Chimera Steel"

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
Re: Chimeras New problems / Jasons dropout issues / New pro rider ?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 11:26:29 AM »
Don't know whats up with these frames that are f*cked up, but I went all the way to Belgium to ride with Gilles van de Sompel this weekend, rode on his bike, checked everything..
Didn't found any problems with it

byke

Re: Chimera's New problems / Jason's dropout issues / New pro rider ?
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 12:02:27 PM »
My fear is that what we are seeing is just a small amount of issues of what is really out there.

I recently read a warranty issue on the Chimera website where a rider had cracked a frame in a very strange place (downtube) and even though Chimera had offered a lifetime guarantee against breakage they then tried to claim that the reason for the headtube crack was due to the cranks being installed wrong ?? which meant that Chimera could justify not repairing it etc.
I have never heard so much BS before. I also am quite concerned about the conduct of Kamil and his company divulging personal information via their website in an attempt to save face and using such information to exploit what essentially is customers who have put their faith and money into a company only to be ripped of and subsequently exploited as part of Chimera's branding strategy.

The funniest part is where Chimera then try to claim that it was the riders fault for not removing the excess paint that Chimera themselves had placed inside the bearing areas.

What else do Chimera expect their customers to do, realignment checks and facing headtubes also? .... I thought that was their job as part of making a frame properly.

But again, this is one of the riders who were at least able to assemble their bike to ride it ... even though it cracked within 2 months according to the Chimera website.

And I know from first hand experience when I received a badly made frame with multiple defects from Chimera the amount of bullsh*t and things I had to do, just to get a refund. I obviously wasn't going to accept a 400 euro frame when it obviously made wrong.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:07:02 PM by byke »

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 12:09:46 PM »
Wow! I'll do what I can do to help in this refund process..Did he buy it off the marketplace on here? pm me details if so.

byke

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 12:25:26 PM »
Wow! I'll do what I can do to help in this refund process..Did he buy it off the marketplace on here? pm me details if so.

Juggs, I dont think the frame Jason bought was a stock frame from the marketplace.
I think he ordered it custom after reading one of the many advert threads posted here by Kamil.

But then again if you look at Kamil's account with GF you can clearly see that nearly all of his posts on here are purely for promoting and fishing for customers.

He adds nothing to the forums, and just looks to profit from the users and side step the advertising fees paid by established and trustworthy brands such as flatlandfuel etc which in turn helps keep the site up.

I have asked in the past for Kamil to be banned from selling on here, but it would have appeared to have fallen on deaf ears. I am hoping now with this continuation of customers coming forward and showing all the mistakes made by Chimera that Global-Flat will step up and do something to help protect its users by ensuring that Kamil doesn't continue to use this place to groom kids out of their cash.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 01:01:37 PM by byke »

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 01:58:16 PM »
byke both you and pat piss me off with the pics yall posted. if youre attempting to show the headtube is offcenter then do it right and not sitting on a truck or in your case infront of a chair. prove it to me man.

props on the dropout measurements with a legitimate tool.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

byke

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 02:04:21 PM »
byke both you and pat piss me off with the pics yall posted. if youre attempting to show the headtube is offcenter then do it right and not sitting on a truck or in your case infront of a chair. prove it to me man.

Metal, Its not my pic.
Its Jasons pic and Jason frame. If you want to ask for more pics from JASON then feel free.

Jason posted up just a couple of pics last night and then Kamil deleted them.
This is why I have reposted them up.

The broken chimera frame I received also had a offset headtube (shown below) :
How would you suggest a measurement is taken of this area (and subsequent photo) without being accused of manipulating an image?

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 02:19:59 PM by byke »

Offline SJBMX

• Backpacker
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 03:46:31 PM »

Metal, Its not my pic.
Its Jasons pic and Jason frame. If you want to ask for more pics from JASON then feel free.

Jason posted up just a couple of pics last night and then Kamil deleted them.
This is why I have reposted them up.

How would you suggest a measurement is taken of this area (and subsequent photo) without being accused of manipulating an image?

Ride for fun!

Offline ChimeraBikzCom

• Company
  • Backpacker
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 06:20:44 PM »
Actualy why do you say about frame problems which one you don't own? And about problems that you even didn't saw ! Even me ! Don't speak for owner. He contact me by PM.

Quote from: byke

Actualy I said it to you how to check it you in few mails and you didn't made it. 20mm metal plate under seat tube and 10mm metal plate under head tube. Your sh*ty photo with MS paint line? And you couldn't make a straight photo? Here we go photo with your frame with perfect straight head. There isn't something like head tube offset.

MORE: http://img219.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=16455526.jpg

#2 broken blue frame. Why you speak about it when you don't know nothing about it? As you can read on site:

http://chimerabikz.com/en/news/78/don-t-be-wiser-than-the-manufacturer

§ 2 The warranty does not cover the effects of improper installation

§ 3 Liability under the warranty expires if: 3. use the product incorrectly / 4. Improper assembly or other components to the bicycle, which can cause damage to the item.

That's warranty and respect that. If BB is made for 9mm bearings then be sure that you instaled it corectly. If stem is for 4 screws, why you don't run on 3? Be serious Mark. Shame. It so easy to say that Chimera frame is sh*ty if you can't take responsibility for your's airiness (in this case). Actualy even with loss warranty we repair and send back frame for free.

Quote from: byke
But then again if you look at Kamil's account with GF you can clearly see that nearly all of his posts on here are purely for promoting and fishing for customers.

So what ? Is there any compulsion that I need to post something in any topic? This Forum is full of epic sh*t. I stay away from it and just update Chimera news. If you don't like it that's your problem and bringing this here is so stupid.

Actualy why byke didn't you help ppl with Solid Precision frames? Lot of ppl were f*cked up for a lot of money. And this just went over the side. That's shame. WHY? Actualy there is no single Chimera owner f*cked for money or f*cked by warranty claim. We got 100% warranty frames in past 4 years. There is no single one customer that can say that we don't reply for his mail with some problem (If he had). Actualy YOU got 100% frame cash refund. Wtf? Jason post his pic after 13 months later !  Jason is nice guy and actualy I'm waiting for more photos from him and frame problems and we will discuse that. Another Pro rider order a Chimera frame and laughed on GF face what sh*t you wanted show here.  Pro rider tell me everything about my quality.

So I'm asking why my 'sale' topic was locked? Is there anyone who can say that I own him money or refused some information or help with broken frame with no warranty / no money return? I don't think so. Locked topic because someone say unbelievable sh*t? Seriously? Actualy if you look on photos there is every single one photo to show that there is no problem with frame.

I got nothing more to say.

Offline ChimeraBikzCom

• Company
  • Backpacker
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 06:38:26 PM »
Keelan phillips is retarded

And how you will call someone behind fake account as he is affraid to speak from his normal account?
Word.

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 07:53:29 PM »
21 no's

and 1 yes (ondo's vote)

fixed.

byke

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 08:14:21 PM »
Please guys, try and keep this factual.
You can by all means start a hate thread over on the "fight club".

But we need to try and keep this thread factual instead so that JASON doesnt get fked over like many riders before him and can get a FULL REFUND.

As if Kamil keeps spewing his usual lies to try and skew facts and you start teasing him, it gives him some sort of legitimacy for f*cking riders over as other readers will look at this as a teasing thread instead of what it really is.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:16:32 PM by byke »

Offline Paul Chamberlain

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 08:22:46 PM »
Vlad put a lid on it mate. Don't throw the hate out there in this topic.

All should let Kamil prove himself by fully refunding this purchase.

Byke. Try not to let past issues bubble over into this topic because that legitimises Kamil's alleged behaviour too.

For people like me know don't know about the past please leave this topic free of personal attacks so the Kamil can respond in the correct fashion and offer a complete refund.

Paul

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 01:22:46 AM »
I locked your thread and will keep it locked until you refund. Everyone knew I was gonna run a "tight ship", don't act suprised. I made no bones about it, we're not gonna have people stiffing others with sub par goods. Just refund the money and take your frame back, that would show you stand behind your goods.