Author Topic: Order on Fuel.  (Read 5915 times)

Offline DenisTez BMX

• Hitchhiker
Order on Fuel.
« on: October 09, 2010, 11:44:21 PM »
I made an order on fuel yesteray, got 2 mails today, in one:

1) Scan/photo of both sides of your credit card. An emailed scan is preferred because it has much higher clarity.
2) Scan/photo of your credit card billing statement that shows your card number, name and address.  If this is not available, another form of official mail such as a phone or electric bill that shows your name and address is acceptable.
3) Scan/photo of an identification card such as your driver’s license or passport.

This is acceptable since: Please block out the middle 8 numbers of your credit card if you are worried about the safety of your information. We will not share it with anyone though.

In the secound mail:
Due to the weight of the tires and tubes you have ordered, we will need an additional $20 for shipping.  We will be unable to charge your card without the 3-digit code from the back of your card, so please also include that number in your email. 

I aint sure for FF, but on many other sites, if shipping depends on weight, it makes the calculation automaticaly and adds to total fee.
~and since i dont know what can a person do with the back numbers of CC i might ask here just in case, becouse i didnt have yet any problems wih scams(not saying anything about ff) online, luckly.

Anyone else got these from FF? was everything okay?

You know, i rather ask, then go straight forward with eyes closed :D
☮☮☮☮☮
☮Peace☮
☮☮☮☮☮

Offline 1pyroace1

• Hitchhiker
Re: Order on Fuel.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 11:53:18 PM »
i was a little skeptical 2 but u don't have 2 worry about it their trusted the'll send u email and sooner or l8r ups will call u when they about to ship it to your house so u know what day you have to be at home but waiting for the package is a pain took like a week . and i swear i had no patience
"you may not change the world but you can change a part of it"

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 01:42:51 AM »
Sound like extra precautions on Pat's part because you are outside of the USA... I would call him if possible...

-Roy
If you are for real, you probably spend enough time on your bike that there's no time left for talking sh*t on message boards.

Of course, if all you do is talk sh*t on message boards, you're probably not as good or as cool as you think you are.

-- McGoo

Offline Leone4130

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 03:09:56 AM »
were you trying to pay with paypal?
I've never had problems with FF

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 03:55:31 AM »
similar thing happened to me - having to email a scanned image of the credit card and a bill that proves that the credit card was legit and in use.

just make sure your own computer is secure, had no trouble with/from pat after my credit card info was given.

not too sure the extra charges about the tires and tubes though.

Offline DenisTez BMX

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 09:46:28 AM »
Im paying with credit card, the only problem is, once i remember someone send me a picture on msn it had half of original picture cuted, before you opened the picture it was shown as a whole picture on the side at info, pretty epic.. <.< so even if i cuted the front number i have that suc*y feeling hah.
☮☮☮☮☮
☮Peace☮
☮☮☮☮☮

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 09:55:39 AM »
stari ne brini ;)
jst sm patriku tud mogu to cifro poslat zard istega razloga, pa sploh nimam nobenih panik. v bistvu skrbet te mora sam glede varnosi na tvojem compu ker pat je oseba k mu lahko 100% zaupaš :beer:
sej drgač če kupuješ samo gume te bo mogoč iz evrope še cnej pršlo... peace pa čim več furej :beer:

Offline DenisTez BMX

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 10:04:16 AM »
Ja, glede na to je še extra pošnina že tu zarad teže, pa pol vrjetno še u slo za ene par €..

pač 2 gui 4 šlauhe, ketna, pa še neki se mi zdi.. pač bol take manse stvari :) pa še glede časa, bi prej dobo, ko tk veš kako navdušenje je to ko kupiš neki novga za bajk :D glede zapletou še zj.. se bom vrjetno kr prestavo na .de :D
☮☮☮☮☮
☮Peace☮
☮☮☮☮☮

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 12:16:51 PM »
i suppose this is your first order on flatlandfuel maybe? just do what it says and don't worry, patrick and his wife are perfectly legit  :beer:

Offline DenisTez BMX

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 12:28:04 PM »
Yes David, it is :)

Drgač pa Mare če ti rečeš da je ql, pol more bit :)

peace
☮☮☮☮☮
☮Peace☮
☮☮☮☮☮

Offline SiC

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 12:35:34 PM »
I'm from Japan and I ordered from Pat about 2 weeks ago, I got my package in less than a week.  The info he needs from your credit card is for extra security on his end, he has to make sure the CC is truely in your name and that you actually have the CC with you. 

I trust Pat 100%, you really shouldn't worry.  ;D
Old school newbie from Japan

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 12:47:50 PM »
don't worry, it's just for the first time you order something.

don't forget, shipping addres should be on the same person as the card owner.

and shipping cost varies, because of size too, don't worry, that way you can get discounts from Pat too :)

Offline DenisTez BMX

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 07:42:46 PM »
thanks too all, was a good thing to ask rather then be in doubts. :beer:
☮☮☮☮☮
☮Peace☮
☮☮☮☮☮

Phatman

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 07:50:12 PM »
Word of advice, Get paypal for your next order. Paypal is a SH*T ton easier.

Offline funatnight

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 05:30:40 AM »
I had issues with them on my first order and I am in the Us.  I the order had to be shipped to my office and since that is not the same as the billing address, they gave me hell and I actually had to change my billing address to match my shipping address in order for them to ship it to my office. 

PITA but I got everything in the end.  I have had thousands of dollars of stuff shipped to my office, but this is the only company that has really been a pain about it.