Author Topic: Flatmonkey BMX 2010 Update  (Read 2992 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Flatmonkey BMX 2010 Update
« on: September 21, 2010, 09:29:05 AM »
Wanted to send a quick message and let everyone know Flatmonkey Bmx and our outreach team is still alive.  Being in the military I had a six month detour to the middle east and wanted all the riders online to know they kept me motivated and pumped to come home and get back on my bike.  I owe all the global-flat community a big thanks because I had some rough times overseas and articles, post, and videos really got me through at times.  On another note we are back at outreaching to youth and bringing Flatland to new areas.  We just performed at an arts event last weekend and we are headed to Spearfish, SD this weekend to Harvest Fest.   I also had the opportunity to hang with Cory Lamb a Christian artist a couple of weeks ago and Everyday Sunday.   I want to say thanks to Global-Flat and all the riders out there for keeping me motivated and able to get home and get back on my bike!  Also want to thank SE Bikes for hanging with me through my war time and throwing a new bike my way and Yum Shoes for becoming a new supporter of Flatmonkey Bmx while I was away! I also appreciate Storybook Island through our transition and for welcoming us back. That shows true dedication to supporting flatland! - www.flatmonkeybmx.com

Offline dcheney

• Forkglider
Re: Flatmonkey BMX 2010 Update
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 04:06:02 PM »
Thanks for your service from the Boston, MA. area!  Your sacrifices are appreciated.

From someone who benefitted from faith based sports activities as a kid, I am excited to see Flatmonkey!  Keep it up.

Dan

Offline Andrew..

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 06:23:30 PM »
good to know other people in the military ride and manage to stickwith flatland with big gaps in riding time, very motivating, gonna be devastated to have to leave the bike behind when I'm deployed next, but hey it's the nature of the beast. word.
Isn't that bike a bit small for you?

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 09:37:57 PM »
Keep it up Chris!  Much respect on multiple levels.  Do your thing for God, Country and BMX!

Offline flatmonkeybmx

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 08:36:46 AM »
Thanks for the positive feedback.  Being overseas was rough being off my bike for six months.  But, all the riders on Global-Flat helped keep me motivated and dream up new ideas for my outreach and to practice riding.  I am stoked to be home and riding.  I am glad this forum and Global-Flat exist it was great seeing pics, videos, new products and reading what is on everyone's mind.  Thanks for the support and we will continue to work with kids and do what we do...I am al about riding and Flatland!

Blessings to all..