Author Topic: does anyone do turbine bw steamrollers spining counter clockwise?  (Read 1860 times)

Offline zbrown

• Funky Chicken
does anyone do turbine bw steamrollers spining counter clockwise?
« on: September 16, 2010, 04:26:41 AM »
i usually see people do the fork glide and go with the spin,  so the foot is kinda underneath the wheel. i straighten out then start carving other way, like im approaching it from a forward steam, but i wanna do it backwards. does anyone around hear do turbines like this i need some tips i dont know how to get it to change direction i can get it carving really tight. probably any steamrolling turbine tips would be usefull like what do with your hands, feet. anything i cant put off turbines any longer. thanks
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 06:44:46 PM by zbrown »

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
Re: does anyone do turbine bw steamrollers spining counter clockwise?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 07:32:08 AM »
okay, carve really, really tight in a circle (forwards, right?). in this tight spin, there's going to be a sort of peak of tension you reach, like the fastest and tightest part of the spin you can reach. you'll feel it when you reach it. when you do reach it, kind of "hop" (think of it as bobbing up and down to take the weight off the tire. it also helps you get rhythm for your turbines.) tilt the bar in the opposite direction it's currently tilted in and sweep your free leg behind you (the harder you kick the more momentum you gain.) now, you're going backwards. try to carve it really tight again, and at that "peak" of the spin, bob up again, tilt the bars, and lean forward a bit.

also, don't think of it as going "forward, then backward, then forward" necessarily, approach it like one continuous spin, keep looking in the same direction throughout the whole spin, it will help. i don't know if this makes sense, gah. what i'm trying to say is keep looking around as if you're only spinning in 1 direction (because essentially you still are,) and it will help you stay centered and focused.

these are things i have found helpful with turbining steamrollers and peg wheelies. hope they can be helpful to you too

Offline zbrown

• Funky Chicken
Re: does anyone do turbine bw steamrollers spining counter clockwise?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 06:53:49 PM »
yea that makes sense i can get a couple spins from a peg wheelie it feels a lot weirder on the front wheel. but yea what im saying is im not trying to learn it forwards im trying to learn it backwards, but not the way i see people usually do it they go with the forkglide spin and the tire is carvin so that the foot is sorta underneath if you know what i mean, i wanna do it the opposite where i start carving the other way and do it like that, so its like im doing it the way someone would start it from a fw steamroller, but im trying to do it backwards like im going bw to fw bw to fw and end up coming back into  bw and continue the combo..im not sure if ive seen that i curious if anyone else does it like that