Poll

who is the winner?

Sagaris
circlefoto
ondo

Author Topic: ROUND4 battle: MASTER group OVER Winner- circlefoto  (Read 57679 times)

Offline E-motion

• Backpacker
Re: ROUND4 battle: MASTER group (flaTTech vs misterpola)
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 11:16:32 PM »
we dont need judges that just blindly repeat everything you say. 

And we don't need judges who have no real concept of difficulty in terms of how cranklessness effects it or not. If you can't deal with objective analysis then don't judge it's as simple as that.

lol. whatever . dont take yourself so seriously there , "pal".  
everyone knows im a great judge.
next battle

Offline E-motion

• Backpacker
Re: ROUND4 battle: MASTER group (flaTTech vs misterpola) voting active!
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 11:22:43 PM »
one vote for flattech from E-motion.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:37:38 PM by E-motion »

Offline VojTECH

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 11:37:38 PM »
I go with flaTTech

While the difficulty of both guys' runs was nearly the same, flaTTech has shown more variety in terms of tricks and exploring different concepts of riding. In adition, misterpola's run was based on spinning/turbining and he used the same switch handed steamroller ride out twice.

jm

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 11:42:04 PM »
I vote flatTTech. although misterpola had some difficult switches, flaTTech showed slightly more overall skill with consistent bike control in a wider variety of lines/tricks.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 12:00:23 AM »
FlaTTech in the house! I was waiting for his battle to come up... more variety with some tough tricks in there.

Also... please tell me it's not going to be a given that every brakeless rider we see is going to throw in the pump steamroller>crackpacker line. It's all well and good that folks can bust that link (a link that I seriously like and admittedly can't do the step through version of), but honestly, it's almost becoming a predictable line for all brakeless riders. FlaTTech seems to always try to throw small, subtle new links in his run, and I'm hoping he keeps edging folks out until people start experimenting or pushing their imaginations more.

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 02:07:13 AM »
Also... please tell me it's not going to be a given that every brakeless rider we see is going to throw in the pump steamroller>crackpacker line. It's all well and good that folks can bust that link (a link that I seriously like and admittedly can't do the step through version of), but honestly, it's almost becoming a predictable line for all brakeless riders. FlaTTech seems to always try to throw small, subtle new links in his run, and I'm hoping he keeps edging folks out until people start experimenting or pushing their imaginations more.
I'm not brakeless, that line is done by a lot of non-brakeless riders, there are hundreds of predictable lines (not only for brakeless rideres), and I honestly don't see how is that flattechs's riding involves more imagination than mine, none of us did original things. That being said i'm pushing the ignore button.
Flattech, your video is amazing! Lot of variety and difficult tricks, a well deserved win. You won last round in experts and you are already killing it at masters.  Congratz!

Offline flat1ander

• Backpacker
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 02:22:50 AM »
i definitely see where both of you are coming from.. yes you see a lot of people doing that spinning steamroller to crackpacker line but it shouldnt be discredited for that. It was a really awesome link with a nice barflip mixed in there. Awesome stuff by both of you though

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 02:52:54 AM »
Flattech is more "original" by virtue of the fact that what he's doing isn't done by very many even though it's already been done before. It's more about straying off to unfamiliar paths than creating a new one.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 03:08:24 AM »
I'm not brakeless, that line is done by a lot of non-brakeless riders, there are hundreds of predictable lines (not only for brakeless rideres), and I honestly don't see how is that flattechs's riding involves more imagination than mine, none of us did original things. That being said i'm pushing the ignore button.
Flattech, your video is amazing! Lot of variety and difficult tricks, a well deserved win. You won last round in experts and you are already killing it at masters.  Congratz!

The first link in your vid honestly looked brakeless... my bad. I'll correct myself by just saying then that it's a line being done by a whole lot of riders (numerous times in the battle clips we've seen so far), rendering it less original in the context of the battles. I'm not saying anything about it's difficulty or the skill involved in doing it, so at least try to not get too offended.  :beer:

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 03:21:06 AM »
Flattech is more "original" by virtue of the fact that what he's doing isn't done by very many even though it's already been done before. It's more about straying off to unfamiliar paths than creating a new one.
So we are talking about trends instead of originallity. IMO that shouldnt be taken in account because every judge will have his personal preference about that subject, and we have no specifically selected judges, just people who offered themselves to be one.
Anyway his video had more variety and difficulty, but this is not why i'm pointing this out, i just think that comment about "imagination" was unnecessary.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2010, 03:23:01 AM »
So we are talking about trends instead of originallity. IMO that shouldnt be taken in account because every judge will have his personal preference about that subject, and we have no specifically selected judges, just people who offered themselves to be one.
Anyway his video had more variety and difficulty, but this is not why i'm pointing this out, i just think that comment about "imagination" was unnecessary.

Pola, seriously man think about this for a second. How many people are putting out videos doing the kind of sh*t he's doing? How many people are doing tricks similar to yours? No offense man, but trends DO equal originality, and he's not following any of the hot trends at the moment that I can think of. That's going to make him stand out pretty fast.

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2010, 03:37:53 AM »
Pola, seriously man think about this for a second. How many people are putting out videos doing the kind of sh*t he's doing? How many people are doing tricks similar to yours? No offense man, but trends DO equal originality, and he's not following any of the hot trends at the moment that I can think of. That's going to make him stand out pretty fast.
There are a lot of riders doing what he did, and just because they don't put a video on the internet they are more "original"?
I understand what you are saying. I can do not trendy links like him too, but I show on video what I like. Now I know that what I like is not what judges like, and as this is an online contest and what the rider shows is what's going to be judged, I know what I have to show on the next round  :P.
So, I still think that trends shouldnt be judged

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2010, 04:00:55 AM »
flaTTech gets my vote. But don't get it messed up, misterpola is a monster beast.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2010, 04:13:45 AM »
flaTTech gets my vote. But don't get it messed up, misterpola is a monster beast.

+1... misterpola straight rips.

I guess we should all try to remember that there isn't anything personal with these votes. Not trying to offend anyone with the explanations as to why the vote went one way or the other.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2010, 05:11:58 AM »
There are a lot of riders doing what he did, and just because they don't put a video on the internet they are more "original"?
I understand what you are saying. I can do not trendy links like him too, but I show on video what I like. Now I know that what I like is not what judges like, and as this is an online contest and what the rider shows is what's going to be judged, I know what I have to show on the next round  :P.
So, I still think that trends shouldnt be judged

I don't think you understand what's going on here.

You did a bunch of tricks that could be judged as being very "trendy". He did not. On top of that, he did tricks on both wheels and had a greater degree of variety.

If you really want to press the issue we can go further into specifics and you will come out looking worse off so I suggest it's left alone.