Poll

who is the winner?

SJBMX
SunnyDaze

Author Topic: ROUND4 battle: BEGINNER group OVER Winner - Aeons of Flat  (Read 64474 times)

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ROUND4 battle: BEGINNER group (Vieth @Iserlohn vs midschool) voting active!
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2010, 11:43:08 AM »
SJBMX wins ortho(5:0)
next battle:

Vieth @Iserlohn
Vieth Round 4 Battle 1 Beginner Class Small | Large

vs

midschool
Global-Flat prelim battle #4 beginner. Midschool

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2010, 12:40:35 AM »
Vote goes to Vieth.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2010, 02:14:32 AM »
Vieth dropped more tricks into his run time and had a little bit of a progression edge on midschool with his trick library. His carving fork wheelie/mccircle was held for a good distance and was really dialed. Midschool, you had a great run too bro.  :beer: Not far behind Vieth, so keep it up for that future rematch!

Offline stopkaiross

• Backpacker
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2010, 02:45:41 AM »
mmm More good battle videos!

My vote goes to Vieth @Iserlohn.  His run packed a few more tricks in, and had the slight edge in difficulty I thought.

Offline VojTECH

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2010, 08:28:10 AM »
Vieth @Iserlohn gets my vote.

More tricks which were harder than midschool's.

Offline 5hane 2.0

• Backpacker
  • 1yr. + riding
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2010, 01:52:09 PM »
Man that was a close one.  Really liked those bar-hops by Vieth, made them look easy, and that 360 was sick  :beer:   Also looks like he'll be doing mccircles before long.  Midschool had a very solid run also.  I thought he showed really good scuffing control with that first trick, big props on the one-hand peg wheelie and firehydrant (a trick that I just cannot seem to get down  :angry:)

On watching both videos it seemed like Vieth's was longer and there was just more stuff.  Midschool's video was 52 seconds long with a 4 second intro = about 48 seconds of riding.  Veiths video was 57 seconds long with a full 57 seconds of riding.  According to the rules on page one - "* The run can be few seconds longer, if the longest combo is on beginning and there are no short tricks, that could be deleted."   I thought there were some tricks that were in there that could have been left out to fit closer to the 50 seconds... 57 seconds is just a bit too long in my opinion (which doesn't count :)).  Based on that technicality I would have to give this one to Midschool.  Both guys showed real solid runs  :beer:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 02:19:53 PM by 5hane 2.0 »
"Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius

Offline That Joe Miller

• Cliffhanger
    • Unknown Sports
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2010, 03:03:18 PM »
I vote Vieth@Iserlohn, I really like the fact that both guys are taking time to learn some of the basics. it should be a good foundation for future progression.
That Joe miller

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ROUND4 battle: BEGINNER group (Aeons of Flat vs Rad255) voting active!
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2010, 09:21:58 PM »
Vieth @Iserlohn wins midschool(5:0)
next battle:

Aeons of Flat
Online Battle Round 4 Qualifier

vs

Rad255
Rad255 Global-Flat.com Battle Small | Large

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2010, 09:35:57 PM »
Have to give this battle to Aeons of Flat due to higher volume of tricks and a little more difficulty in his run. Rad255 was smooth (sweet steamroller at the end, bro =), but really only did 3 tricks in run. Aeon, the hang-5 doesn't count without the rideout, so next time give yourself a little more space to film the whole trick to landing.

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2010, 12:30:21 AM »
Have to give this battle to Aeons of Flat due to higher volume of tricks and a little more difficulty in his run. Rad255 was smooth (sweet steamroller at the end, bro =), but really only did 3 tricks in run. Aeon, the hang-5 doesn't count without the rideout, so next time give yourself a little more space to film the whole trick to landing.

Hey thanks man! :beer: I filmed a few other tricks but I was so terrified of the time limit. For some reason I was obsessed with getting my video time at 50 seconds flat. I didn't know that intro's and stuff didn't count towards your time. Now after watching Ondo's and Aeons video I kinda feel dumb because I thought the time limit mattered more than it did I guess.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 12:32:29 AM by Rad255 »

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2010, 12:38:07 AM »

Hey thanks man! :beer: I filmed a few other tricks but I was so terrified of the time limit. For some reason I was obsessed with getting my video time at 50 seconds flat. I didn't know that intro's and stuff didn't count towards your time. Now after watching Ondo's and Aeons video I kinda feel dumb because I thought the time limit mattered more than it did I guess.
You can tell from your clip that you've likely got more to show... no real skechiness and good "trick posture". Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff in future clips.   :beer:

Offline Aeons of Flat

• Backpacker
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2010, 12:54:57 AM »
Hey good work Rad! nice and smooth just how I like it.
These battles really foster progression and motivation within a rider, I've learnt a fair bit since I filmed.

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2010, 01:34:54 AM »
Hey good work Rad! nice and smooth just how I like it.
These battles really foster progression and motivation within a rider, I've learnt a fair bit since I filmed.

Dittooooooooo

Offline midschool

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2010, 08:10:47 AM »
Thanks to all for the kind words in my battle.  This summer I decided to take my flat riding more seriously and not just a once and awhile thing.  Forcing myself to enter the battles helped.  In just the previous two months, I re-learned some tricks from back in the day and learned some new ones also.  I knew in the back of my mind that I may not make it past the prelims but I didn't care.  I had fun and I'm looking forward to entering again.
You may be disappointed if you fail but doomed if you never try.  Some people advance through life.  Others remain stagnant and only dream of what they can achieve.  There is a difference between wanting and having, saying and doing.  Don't let those who fear progression keep you down or steal your vision.  Act out on your dreams.  Everything is real and ANYTHING is possible.

Offline 5hane 2.0

• Backpacker
  • 1yr. + riding
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »
I think Aeons of Flat is going to be ridiculously good as he progresses.  I see the makings of a VERY good rider there  :beer:
"Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius