Poll

who is the winner?

SJBMX
SunnyDaze

Author Topic: ROUND4 battle: BEGINNER group OVER Winner - Aeons of Flat  (Read 64482 times)

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
Re: ROUND4 battle: BEGINNER group (ShaunyLaps in B-Lo NY vs Hidde) voting active!
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 10:10:11 PM »
Shaun's barflip was bonkers, but Hidde had a very clean run, what Shaun didn't have, to many touches..

Offline flat1ander

• Backpacker
Re: ROUND4 battle: BEGINNER group (flat1ander vs dafflat) voting active!
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 10:20:31 PM »
Jason belongs in intermediate, and flat1ander belongs in beginner. Not sure why this is hard for people to comprehend..  :huh:

I seriously hope you never judge anything ever.
I guess you should probably stay away from judging also if you're going to call flat1ander out for doing a stick b when he actually did a lardyard...  :huh:

Hahaha word! I wasnt gonna mention it but im glad you did  -_-

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
Re: ROUND4 battle: BEGINNER group (flat1ander vs dafflat) voting active!
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 10:36:30 PM »
Jason belongs in intermediate, and flat1ander belongs in beginner. Not sure why this is hard for people to comprehend..  :huh:

I seriously hope you never judge anything ever.
I guess you should probably stay away from judging also if you're going to call flat1ander out for doing a stick b when he actually did a lardyard...  :huh:

DERPADERP Ya got me champ. I don't think I'd be a good judge. I just don't possess that special "bull sh*t factor" one needs to properly judge a flatland contest. Jees where's Scott Powell when you need him? *ducks*

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ROUND4 battle: BEGINNER group (ShaunyLaps in B-Lo NY vs Hidde) voting active!
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 10:45:03 PM »
never had a chance.. I might have to try out the moderator buttons..

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 11:06:40 PM »
Hidde wins by virtue of Shaun putting his foot down.

It's an online battle. If you touch, you lose.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 11:35:48 PM »
Why are we getting videos with touches in it? Edit your stuff, people...  ;D

Offline ShaunyLaps B-Lo NY

• Forkglider
Re: ROUND4 battle: BEGINNER group (ShaunyLaps in B-Lo NY vs Hidde) voting active
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 01:09:22 AM »
First off props to hidde !! Nice video, nothing here is directed at u  :beer:

T.J. I've re read the rules again . Nothing says if u touch u lose. I'm not sure thats a very good explanation  :huh:

Zoffy - I submitted a video, taken with a cell phone, including touches, because I was in Fla at the time. My father offered to tape me for bout 20 min. I thought the battles would start before I could get a real video submitted . I got back to NY and asked Ondo to submit a new video. He said no.

It is what it is. I'm not bitter I lost , but I would like a better explanation.

Are you not judging everything I landed, the difficulty of those tricks, before and after the touch, soley on a touch?

Is the difficulty, and variety all void due to the touch ?

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
Re: ROUND4 battle: BEGINNER group (ShaunyLaps in B-Lo NY vs Hidde) voting active
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 01:24:50 AM »

T.J. I've re read the rules again . Nothing says if u touch u lose. I'm not sure thats a very good explanation  :huh:

Zoffy - I submitted a video, taken with a cell phone, including touches, because I was in Fla at the time. My father offered to tape me for bout 20 min. I thought the battles would start before I could get a real video submitted . I got back to NY and asked Ondo to submit a new video. He said no.

It is what it is. I'm not bitter I lost , but I would like a better explanation.

Are you not judging everything I landed, the difficulty of those tricks, before and after the touch, soley on a touch?

Your clip wasn't one long continuous shot, meaning you had a little control over what you submitted. I'm not blaming you for your circumstances. But, the touches mean you didn't pull what you were trying, which automatically throws out any degree of difficulty what you were attempting had. A video contest gives everyone the level playing field of submitting a "full pull" run so that touches don't distract from what folks are doing; they get judged purely on the level of their riding. You did good stuff, but you didn't pull some of it. Everyone wants to see your best stuff, but it's gotta be completed to count, especially if your competitor "hit" all his tricks.

jm

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 01:27:09 AM »
I think ShaunyLaps had best trick with the barflip, and really some nice riding, it's a shame about those touches; as in any contest, touches typically make the link not count.  it's a hard lesson, but valid.   that been said, props to both you guys--looking forward to seeing more!

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 02:54:09 AM »

Shaun, I'm sorry to say that touches in a video are completely unacceptable. Everyone had ample time to put together a video without showcasing their feet hitting the floor. If you touch during the link, it doesn't really count. It doesn't make what you did void, but it counts strongly against you.

Offline stopkaiross

• Backpacker
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2010, 03:32:11 AM »
wow, this is a busy thread!
I'll limit my response to the current battle.

After watching the videos my vote goes to Hidde.  No touches, good variety and looked real smooth.   That being said, that bar flip ShaunyLaps had was pretty dang cool.

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2010, 03:37:17 AM »
I edited shaun's video... My bad.  Took a buncha cell phones clips and threw em together.  Sucks that he loses because I made a dumb edit.  Hmph... Oh well.  Be on the lookout for his next edit though! The footy used@for these battles was filmed at least a month ago and Shaun rides hard! "6 Months In" web edit coming very soon!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 03:38:49 AM by AM Flatland Circuit »

Offline SJBMX

• Backpacker
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2010, 07:24:51 AM »
vote for Hidde, small links, no touches.
Ride for fun!

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2010, 08:08:14 AM »
vote goes to Hidde

ShaunyLaps, that barflip was great! good luck next time!

Offline dafflat

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2010, 08:45:02 AM »
My vote goes to Hidde for a good clean run, and good variety!