Poll

who is the winner?

SJBMX
SunnyDaze

Author Topic: ROUND4 battle: BEGINNER group OVER Winner - Aeons of Flat  (Read 64500 times)

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
Re: ROUND4 battle: BEGINNER group (flat1ander vs dafflat) voting active!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 05:36:56 AM »
Ok so the two things I got out of this then is Jason is in the wrong class

yeah, i mean he was spinning his steams well and had the turbines but he maybe should have had some harder stuff in his first video to really compete in Intermediate.

...and dafflat shouldn't be in this competition?

I wouldn't wanna discourage anyone like him from entering Beginner battle. It's a great process to get used to: riding hard, focusing on learning, filming and analyzing, and then editing, presenting to public, discussing, and so on... Generally everyone involved benefits a lot.  It is a wide class which encompasses a lot of levels, but if you expect to WIN you're going to need to have a lot of skills under your belt already, even as a beginner.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 06:02:12 AM by ortho »

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 05:55:57 AM »
Plus i mean look:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8YAHSNDVfo[/youtube]

This is Novice in Japan LOL

There's an aspect of thought I suppose, that one should get about to this level before they start really 'showcasing' it, like at demos or comps. With a tailwhip or a forkglide, maybe you've just dipped your toes in the water shall we say. I kind of agree but I don't want to sound like a dick about it.

Offline dafflat

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 11:36:25 AM »
...and dafflat shouldn't be in this competition?

I wouldn't wanna discourage anyone like him from entering Beginner battle. It's a great process to get used to: riding hard, focusing on learning, filming and analyzing, and then editing, presenting to public, discussing, and so on... Generally everyone involved benefits a lot.  It is a wide class which encompasses a lot of levels, but if you expect to WIN you're going to need to have a lot of skills under your belt already, even as a beginner.
[/quote]

Off course i don't compeet to win, is it for self motivation, i was hope ing for a second round but i knew that would be difficult, if i would compeet to win, i would compeet in real live events. Therefor the online battles are a good selfreflection on what level your skills are!

I hope no one expects a minimum level to compeet in the beginners online battles  this would be very disencouraging for all beginners!

Offline DenisTez BMX

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 12:07:10 PM »
Lets make 10 classes for next round  -_-  -_-

Just joking alright  :beer: ;D
Nice vid from both of you, i think this onlines makes only an atmosphere to push your self harder with practising, and that is good. it made me try new tricks i wouldn't touch for months after i sended in vid and made an good impact + improved some other tricks.
☮☮☮☮☮
☮Peace☮
☮☮☮☮☮

Offline Jason

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 04:47:50 PM »
Don't think I'm going to vote here. Personally don't think flat1ander should be in beginner. Sorry but we have a intermediate class now.

Sorry? I thought it was the best class for me, those are really the only tricks i can do and i most likely would have been crushed in intermediate... Not trying to step on anyones toes here just trying to progress and have fun.

.... I agree with Rad255 that flatlander is in the wrong class.  His stuff is way too dialed and agressive (to say) for what we call the beginner class here........

& "maybe" I was in the wrong class, but I wanted intermediate because I know I can do much better....just didn't really film enough to catch more of what I am able to do.  I chose to use the tricks that I have dialed and can exibit bike control with clean landings that don't look like I'm fighting the bike to land a trick (because I feel that control is more important than variety, even though I lost because of it).....in the end I will progress.....
NOR-CAL FLATLAND.  !!WE Bicycles supporter!!

Day Smith Beanies

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 05:24:10 PM »
Jason belongs in intermediate, and flat1ander belongs in beginner. Not sure why this is hard for people to comprehend..  :huh:

Offline SJBMX

• Backpacker
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 05:51:20 PM »
I want to know who battle next against each other yeah! :beer:
Ride for fun!

Offline Leone4130

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 06:15:36 PM »
Whoa.
Flat1ander is pretty good! I got bumped to intermediate (because of time constraints, not skill level) and I'd like to point out that I can't do ANY of the tricks he did for his beginner run! not complaining at all, just sayin that he's killing it! good job bro, I'm definitely gonna get crushed in the intermediate class :) owell, i just gotta learn faster lol
 :beer:

Offline ShaunyLaps B-Lo NY

• Forkglider
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 06:31:42 PM »
:beer:

This is all for fun ... and to help us flatland junkies progress, no ?!

Some ppl have a knack for certain 'difficult' tricks on a bike but struggle to learn other 'easy' moves.

I know my skill level is constantly progressing and I appreciate being in a class with good riders some may  believe are 'better' than I am , because it makes me want to ride better ... and to motivate myself !

I know I'm already a whole lot better than my submitted video , so u can only assume everyone else is as well ...  flatlander ripped it !! that just makes me want to see his progression for his next battle even more !!

''cheat to win'' the late , great , Eddie Guerrero

Offline flat1ander

• Backpacker
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 09:01:13 PM »
Thanks for the compliments guys ive really been riding hard lately.. And yeah i have also been progressing like crazy as of late. In fact i stomped a brand new trick for the very first time today and was lucky enough to catch it on film! Can't wait for the next round

Offline 5hane

• Backpacker
  • Beginner rider / 7 months
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 09:28:26 PM »
Some ppl have a knack for certain 'difficult' tricks on a bike but struggle to learn other 'easy' moves.

Ya, that's true.  I can do a few more difficult tricks but I still can't do firehydrants lol.  I don't even practice them anymore because I get so pissed off hehe.
It's not about the bike. - Lance Armstrong

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ROUND4 battle: BEGINNER group (ShaunyLaps in B-Lo NY vs Hidde) voting active!
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »
flat1ander wins dafflat (5:0)
next battle:

ShaunyLaps in B-Lo NY
Shaun Lapsley, Global-Flat Battle 1, Round 4 Small | Large

vs

Hidde

Global-flat battles Hidde Small | Large

Offline flat1ander

• Backpacker
Re: ROUND4 battle: BEGINNER group (ShaunyLaps in B-Lo NY vs Hidde) voting active!
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 09:55:02 PM »
gotta give it to ShaunyLaps here.. Good moves by both guys but i think where Shauny won it was with that nifty little kickflip and the nice carving megaspin

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 09:55:44 PM »
Jason belongs in intermediate, and flat1ander belongs in beginner. Not sure why this is hard for people to comprehend..  :huh:

I seriously hope you never judge anything ever.

Anyway I'm voting for Shaun! Hidde is definitely sick, I just like the small things he added in like the little bar flip, the double footed boomerangs and the one handed stuff. I also liked the long dialed steam.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 10:03:00 PM »

I seriously hope you never judge anything ever.
I guess you should probably stay away from judging also if you're going to call flat1ander out for doing a stick b when he actually did a lardyard...  :huh: