Author Topic: Backbrakeless decade? And gyro suggestions?  (Read 4357 times)

Offline Fyffek

Backbrakeless decade? And gyro suggestions?
« on: August 28, 2010, 12:18:19 PM »
Im new at this, and I dont have backbrake on my bike, so how should I deal with decade? is there any way to do it without backbrake for it to be possible for me to learn :) And yes I know I should have backbrake too so any suggestions on gyro/brakesystems I should buy for my KHE Militant LT?

pucker22

Re: Backbrakeless decade? And gyro suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 02:21:58 PM »
Get ready to be flame baited for having no brakes  ^_^ ^_^

anyway do you know the footjam? Like when doing a tailwhip you put your foot in the centre of the front wheel? It's exactly like that except you do it on the back.

Here let terry adams explain:-
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SUAxIJDQ9U[/youtube]

Offline pitdog504

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 04:01:55 PM »
  The way he terry shows it in the video is a good place to start but I learned them from fire hydrants first.  It may be a little easier that way because of the momentum.  His way is good too.  Also don't listen to the part where he says keep the front end low.  Total BS.  Not only does it look better with the wheel high but you have more time to get around.  Don't be afraid of it flipping over, you'll be just fine.

Offline 5hane

• Backpacker
  • Beginner rider / 7 months
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 04:25:26 PM »
Brakeless Decades are Septembers 'Trick of the Month'.  Film some attempts if you can and let us see how it goes.

http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=32623.0
It's not about the bike. - Lance Armstrong

Offline streetland

• Hitchhiker
  • BMX politics is the reason why flatland is dying
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 04:35:28 PM »
maybe you can practice that trick first with front brakes just like in terry's video,, so that you can get the timing on hopping over the frame..  ;D

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 05:11:02 PM »
I have the full detangler setup including rear brake and lever and all hardware if you're interested.

The part of the lower detangler cable that connects to the cable hanger is a bit frayed so I could give a decent price on it if interested.I'll even throw in the removable gyro tabs.
Losers always whine about their best,winners go home and f*ck the prom queen!

Offline flat1ander

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 05:30:01 PM »
I'm not saying dont learn it, but that is a pretty difficult trick and it will certainly be a lot easier to learn if you are trying it with a back brake..

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 06:19:23 PM »
Also don't listen to the part where he says keep the front end low.  Total BS.  Not only does it look better with the wheel high but you have more time to get around.  Don't be afraid of it flipping over, you'll be just fine.

have to disagree on this. I do decades/rolaids jumping high, it sure looks & feels better, but you should keep in mind, that if you keep front end low, you position yourself well over the bike. as I have noticed in other riders, that means more dialed jumps, it looks really smooth and another important thing- it does less damage to the bike, because I land more harder from a high footjam decade than a low one.

good luck!

Offline pitdog504

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 10:05:19 PM »
Also don't listen to the part where he says keep the front end low.  Total BS.  Not only does it look better with the wheel high but you have more time to get around.  Don't be afraid of it flipping over, you'll be just fine.

have to disagree on this. I do decades/rolaids jumping high, it sure looks & feels better, but you should keep in mind, that if you keep front end low, you position yourself well over the bike. as I have noticed in other riders, that means more dialed jumps, it looks really smooth and another important thing- it does less damage to the bike, because I land more harder from a high footjam decade than a low one.

good luck!

Nope!  You are positioned over the rear wheel more when the bike is more vertical.  You have plenty of time to get around and when you have it dialed the front shouldn't slam hard at all.  Plus it don't look half ass.  Also if you are willing to compromise style to save you bike from damage maybe you should ride a stronger bike!