Author Topic: Odyssey Flatware Fork  (Read 1838 times)

Offline 5hane

• Backpacker
  • Beginner rider / 7 months
Odyssey Flatware Fork
« on: August 19, 2010, 08:35:19 PM »
I just found out my forks are cracked :(  I was going to order the Ody Flat fork but then I saw this in the description: " -built in headset race (works with integrated headsets only)"

What does that mean?  I don't want to go spend money on something that isn't compatible with my Twenty Circus frame.

Thanks  :beer:
It's not about the bike. - Lance Armstrong

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Odyssey Flatware Fork
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:45:22 PM »
It means the polished RACE that comes with your headset..That fits on the BOTTOM of your forks steerer tube. Is built it.. So you dont have to press fit the race on. If your frame is integrated, which it is...Then you have no worries.

Offline Lotlizard

• Backpacker
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:46:22 PM »
If your frame has an integrated headset Ie: your bearings fit directly into the headtube eliminating headset cups, this will work. However, if you have a traditional headset (cups press into frames and bearings sit in cups) this will not work.
After googleing the twenty circus frame it looks integrated.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 08:46:42 PM »
yeah it'll work with all new frames like ur twenty if it uses an integrated headset. thats all, just one less part to fck with. are u going 0 or min offset? for min offset i like the primo strand forks more, w/o 990s of course.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline PeterJ

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 08:48:44 PM »
The Cirrus uses an integrated headset.
according to this page and hy the looks of the headtube http://www.global-flat.com/parts/part/671
So no worries :mellow:

Offline 5hane

• Backpacker
  • Beginner rider / 7 months
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 11:05:34 PM »
Cool thanks guys  :beer:  Going to order them right now.
It's not about the bike. - Lance Armstrong

Offline Jason

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 05:45:51 PM »
Shane....your going to love the odyysey forks. I have the zero offset flatwares and they are sweet. The welds that are on these forks are soooo freaking clean it's amazing.  They are good and stiff, nowhere near the type of flex that my tanaka forks had.
NOR-CAL FLATLAND.  !!WE Bicycles supporter!!

Day Smith Beanies

Offline JamesRMcLean

• Forkglider
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 06:39:34 AM »
I was going to buy these forks, but I have an old style headset. I haven't heard a single bad word about these yet. I also have the terry adams bar and the flatware stem, they are beautiful parts as well - just missing the matching fork....

Offline Havokflat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 04:16:49 PM »
Shane....your going to love the odyysey forks. I have the zero offset flatwares and they are sweet. The welds that are on these forks are soooo freaking clean it's amazing.  They are good and stiff.
+1    absolutely
The french don't know Rock & Roll.