Author Topic: Upside-Down pegwheelies assistance  (Read 4524 times)

Offline mrlovalova

• Forkglider
Upside-Down pegwheelies assistance
« on: August 15, 2010, 03:29:47 PM »
I've always ridden alone, never with anyone else; so you people are
the only ones available to ask; sorry if this isn't the appropriate place.

I can upside-down wheelie on the pegs and pedals, turbine them....
but I have NEVER been able to find a way to ride into it. I can ride
OUT, but not in.

I just wanted some advice on what the consensus is on the -easiest- way
to learn to do that. Half-lash to rope-a-roni seems impossible to me (I'm
fairly short with a longish frame).

If any other suggestions exist I would LOVE to hear them.

katobmx

Re: Upside-Down pegwheelies assistance
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 05:25:35 PM »
try doing a switch footed peg wheelie and swiping the bike by pulling on the front peg. just watch alot of guys that do rear wheel they get the bike upside. generally The A Bad Thing time has good examples of getthing upside down as well as others like Matt Wilhelm

Offline Flatgod

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 05:18:27 AM »
There are countless ways of doing this. Try doing a lardyard (if you can do them) then switch your hand on the grip and grab the front pegs. Another way you might try is doing a stick-b and switching your body around into it.

Offline mrlovalova

• Forkglider
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 06:18:06 AM »
Thanks for these suggestions, I shall try these out when the rain allows me!

Offline Tweekend

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 01:34:33 PM »
Do you have front 'n rear brakes..??   When I had both brakes, I would get into them by starting off with my bars backwards, doing a pre-endo, then popping up onto the back wheel and switching feet on the rear-right peg as the bike comes up.  The foot that was originally on the right-rear peg switches to the tyre as the other foot goes to the peg.  While this is happening, the bars do a half turn as they come up (my left hand keeps the rear brakes locked the whole time).  My right hand will come off the grip and go straight for the peg.
Once ur foot is jammed on the tyre, ur left hand can come off the brakes and go for the peg.
Vioal!!  You should be in an upside down wheelie :)   

I'm sure all this sounds confusing, so I'll post a vid of myself doing this (if I can find one).  These days I'm brakeless, so I just half-lash ropa-roni into them.    Ropa-ronis feel awkward while learning them, but once you learn to just 'OVER-exaggerate' the pop-up and lean as far forward as you can, tit'll feel a hell of a lot easier.

Stick-B to stepping over the tyre is another good switch.

Offline iceqb25

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 08:54:59 PM »
i have the same problem. i can do them well forwards and backwards but i cant ride in or out of them

Offline hijito

• Backpacker
  • Korosu!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 07:50:12 PM »
going into bw upsidedowns is fairly easy - from lardyard or stick Bs

forward i would recommend learning the halflash - rope-a-roni method, i just learned it recently. in fact you dont even need to do rope-a-roni's, which are way harder than upsidedowns anyway.

1. when going to halflash, be aware of the speed. if youre going too slow, popping up the front will be much harder
2. as stated before, you have to kind of exagerrate the motion of pulling up - bend your foot on the front peg a little before attempting to do so
3. as you're lifting the front wheel, use your arms a lot and try to straighten your body and push it forward
4. as you're approaching rope-a-roni position push the bars further from you and catch them pegs!

Offline mrlovalova

• Forkglider
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 10:08:43 AM »
Do you have front 'n rear brakes..??   When I had both brakes, I would get into them by starting off with my bars backwards, doing a pre-endo, then popping up onto the back wheel and switching feet on the rear-right peg as the bike comes up.  The foot that was originally on the right-rear peg switches to the tyre as the other foot goes to the peg.  While this is happening, the bars do a half turn as they come up (my left hand keeps the rear brakes locked the whole time).  My right hand will come off the grip and go straight for the peg.
Once ur foot is jammed on the tyre, ur left hand can come off the brakes and go for the peg.
Vioal!!  You should be in an upside down wheelie :)   

I'm sure all this sounds confusing, so I'll post a vid of myself doing this (if I can find one).  These days I'm brakeless, so I just half-lash ropa-roni into them.    Ropa-ronis feel awkward while learning them, but once you learn to just 'OVER-exaggerate' the pop-up and lean as far forward as you can, tit'll feel a hell of a lot easier.

Stick-B to stepping over the tyre is another good switch.

Thanks for the tips! I am totally brakeless though, but your description makes perfect sense. This (once again) feels like 'one of those' links that would have been easier to learn WITH brakes, and then learn brakeless after.

Offline mrlovalova

• Forkglider
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 10:11:16 AM »
going into bw upsidedowns is fairly easy - from lardyard or stick Bs

forward i would recommend learning the halflash - rope-a-roni method, i just learned it recently. in fact you dont even need to do rope-a-roni's, which are way harder than upsidedowns anyway.

1. when going to halflash, be aware of the speed. if youre going too slow, popping up the front will be much harder
2. as stated before, you have to kind of exagerrate the motion of pulling up - bend your foot on the front peg a little before attempting to do so
3. as you're lifting the front wheel, use your arms a lot and try to straighten your body and push it forward
4. as you're approaching rope-a-roni position push the bars further from you and catch them pegs!

Thank you so much; I will give this a try. I've watch endless videos of people doing this (or something very similar), but to no avail. I was always throwing the bike away from me and catching the pegs anyhow (since I can't -do- a rope-a-roni!), but your tips will give me guidance the next time I get to go out riding. Respect due.

Offline mrlovalova

• Forkglider
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 10:19:04 AM »
One question I DO have though... after half-lash, one foot on the back peg... is it more of a 'lurch' forward to get the frame up, before pushing it away from you, or more of a 'pull the back peg towards you' with your leading foot... or a mixture of both?

I'm sure this is totally subjective, and therefore something I have to learn myself, but any comment from somebody that can DO this, can only be helpful.

Also thanks to everyone that has assisted me so far, I'm very encouraged by how friendly
and helpful you all are after just a single question :)