Author Topic: Flatland at Nass, 7/8th July  (Read 14163 times)

Offline effraim

• Deathtrucker
Flatland at Nass, 7/8th July
« on: May 29, 2007, 09:22:35 PM »
Uk and European heads (poss US guys if you haven't already booked your flights)....

Great news!!!

Nass this year is back to the usual Shepton mallet fairground, flatland is made out of stone, smooth as you like, one of the best contest floors around, i've talked the one of organisers today, and its possible to have an am contest and pro contest...

Theres bugger all going on contest wise over here in the Uk, so get down to Shepton mallett and ride.... they'll be prizes for ams and cash (not sure yet what that is tho) for the pros....

Offline chrisjob

• Funky Chicken
Re: Flatland at Nass, 7/8th July
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 12:49:06 AM »
yeah and bring some cds because no-one likes my non-stop rock ipod playlist!!
glc play friday night

Offline Andywood

• Hitchhiker
    • My myspace
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 11:22:43 AM »
Sweeeet, im in!

Offline Flatpanda

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 07:56:53 PM »
I'm gonna try and come along to this, making it my first flat event!  :mellow:
Which day is the flat comp, or has it not been finalised yet? I might even camp out, do you reckon the floor will be accessible all weekend?
The website is typically bare of flatland info...

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 08:37:10 PM »
im trying to save funds to go, normally i got to get wrecked and camp, but im thinking of entering .

Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline effraim

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 09:38:40 PM »
Flats on both days, am contest and pro jam saturday, pro contest sunday, bring yourself along to the nass weekend, and show people flats not dead and worth having at events like this, i know there are a lot of riders in the uk, but you guys need to show up and contribute....

Offline bri (doogles)

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 09:51:56 PM »
im there i got a 8 man tent too ! ! !

h_man

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »
yeah and bring some cds because no-one likes my non-stop rock ipod playlist!!
glc play friday night
Is Rockabilly okay Chris we can bop till we drop.

h_man

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 12:13:56 AM »
im there i got a 8 man tent too ! ! !
8 men in a tent nuff testosterone me love it .

Offline JAY1WM

• Cliffhanger
  • 1WM
    • 1WMBMX
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 12:28:06 AM »
is that the tour de france weekend?  :huh: it might be a prob for some guys? shows etc.

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 12:30:15 AM »
decisions..............
Flat-ism

Offline chrisjob

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 12:39:47 AM »
i figure a lot of you have shows on the saturday for tdf? that's why E suggests sunday for the pro comp.. 
don't expect info on the nass website.  i only knew we had flat when E and shaun told me.. and i've been doing it for 3 years now..   if it's like previous shepton mallet nass comps it will be an area in the marketplace, which you can pretty much use all weekend, although i think the freestyle skaters will want  a go too. 
my advice is bring a tent. and a FAT bike lock.  and talk to each other before you go, it's a big site!
more info as and when i get it

Offline Sagaris

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 12:45:43 AM »
Aw man I remember going nearly two years ago; I loved the Flatland there and I'd go this year if I could but I've got no money. :P

Offline Paul Chamberlain

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 08:53:21 AM »
Come on guys!

It'd be really nice if there was a decent turnout for this! I can appreciate that pro wise whether to go depends a lot on prize money but AM wise - you guys should just go along and have a good time. I had a great time there in 2004.

Effraim is right - the floor is amazing and there was a fair bit of space when I went. I know it's far away but the whole 'extreme festival' thing is something that you need to experience... For the record the flatland skateboarding was pretty whack.

Job is right - take a decent bike lock if you don't have a car to put your bike in as you'll have to lock it to something inside the market area which is away from the camping area. It's either that or spend all of your time with your bike in your tent.

A while ago Job threw up the idea of putting together an IPOD playlist. I'm not sure if that worked out and it was something that he might consider again?

Go to NASS. Stand up be counted. Go out have fun.

If you're getting the train to Castle Cary have fun riding to the venue. It's eventful - especially if you're brakeless and carrying a tent under one arm. Good times.

Paul
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 09:02:37 AM by FlatPaul »

Offline chrisjob

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 10:50:47 AM »
yerrrrr i, being 35 and of an indie/metal backgrounding don't have enough bomchackawawa music on my ipod to cater for any flat event i end up running around at.. so if you can provide me with (a) possible tunes i can limewire or (b) even better cds full of mp3s i can stick onto ipods and plug in for our hot jams then pm  me....
TA