Author Topic: Shortest upper Gyro cable ?  (Read 2701 times)

Offline coaster

• GF Inhabitant
Shortest upper Gyro cable ?
« on: August 02, 2010, 09:15:26 PM »
Need to know if there is a very short upper Gyro cable. Always used Knarps to cut them down but i never feel safe since i had 2 cables broke while doing Decades. Thanx

Offline back2flat35

• Backpacker
Re: Shortest upper Gyro cable ?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 10:42:53 PM »
smiley roy picked me up an sst shorty cable which is 180mm. it fits the lines of the chase bars perfectly.

Offline carld

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 11:18:03 PM »
if you can find one of those sst cables you can try it.  i'd just have to tie up the splitter since i hate rattles.   the other option if you like splitters is the old primo pervert if you can find one.

dragonfly's only came in one size, too big.

as for the m2 monolever cables, i have the shortest..  and still needed to use knarps.

i never tried to see if the snafu ones are shorter.. well since the shop just had the lame colors.

i thought also the detangler rotor part had cable clamp bolts lately so you wouldnt even need knarps?
Sorry I don't kiss ass, or care to follow, or copy.

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 12:36:39 AM »
I have one of these.  I works great.......well when I ride that is.

Offline back2flat35

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 12:42:47 AM »
jensons say they have shorty cable for $6

katobmx

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 01:58:48 AM »
today i saw a dude on a 24 inch bike with like 3 inch rise bars that had a gyro. really really short cable.

Offline coaster

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 03:34:22 PM »
I have the new Snafu rotor. And i don't want a knarp any more. Once i did a decade drop in on a miniramp when my knarps rip the cable. The knarps hold but the cable broke behind it. I also used a System Diatech brake lever with a build in knarp but it also sucked. So i need a 30 mm upper cable. I rode with a backbrake for 3 days now after almost 7 years front brake only. I love it to get the old stuff back.

Offline RobWire

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 12:24:16 AM »
Need to know if there is a very short upper Gyro cable. Always used Knarps to cut them down but i never feel safe since i had 2 cables broke while doing Decades. Thanx

how do you cut the upper cable. where do you cut it so that nothing important gets cut off. do you take the cable splitter thing apart?

Offline B-random Fantom

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 02:00:53 AM »
The shortest SST upper cable is pretty darn short. I have 8 inch bars and it barely fits on them, the next size up is called the 'hardcore' and it's pretty short too. Check them out.
Enough! I grow weary of your foolishness ninjas.