Author Topic: Nokia Fise Video online  (Read 7956 times)

Offline Flatride

• Deathtrucker
    • Facebook
Re: Nokia Fise Video online
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 11:16:51 AM »
I'm bitching? Where? I believe that my feedback was mostly very positive.
 The forums are made for discussion, aren't they? Why expect only positive feedback? Besides, I wasn't criticizing Martin. Martin is perfectly aware of how thankful I am for all the videos that he makes and posts here.
So jac_216, why don't you go and take some anti-depressants?

Offline fredaubailly

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 11:49:51 AM »
jac_216, I have to stand by flatride. I don't see any bitchin in his comments.
And I think the way he does about those riders (specially lukas). I really enjoy to watch him ride but you have to admit his riding hasn't evolve much those last few years. Don't get us wrong, he's a talented rider and I will NEVER be able to do the 1/100 of what he does.

Offline Metaphore

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 09:10:51 PM »
Let me summarize my thoughts:
Lucas - hopefully, one day he'll ride out of that combo clearly.
Jumelin - why did he use to be so much more stylish before?
Chiquet - ninja! Awesome! Full KHE support, huh?
Uno - never expect anything new from him.
Dandois - my hero. Could never be amazed enough of this guy.
Pospischil - SHAKY, but that's his style. Amazing tricks though.
Rosse - smooth. Love that fakie manual to decade out.
Morisake - nothing more needs to be said - a BEAST.

Instead of bitching about everyone's riding, (especially "Lukas'",it's spelt with a K")
how about you enter a comp & we'll see how well you do :angry:

Really some of you guys just don't appreciate just watching good riding, instead your worried about if they completely pull it off cleanly :rolleyes:

Haha.
It's the Frank Lukas defence commitee!

Everyone should check out his myspace and the wtp vid of a while back, he does some great links in there that he never does in a comp. Don't ask me why.
Fast & smooth walkaround stuff...

TJ Perry

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 09:54:07 PM »

Instead of bitching about everyone's riding, (especially "Lukas'",it's spelt with a K")

Really some of you guys just don't appreciate just watching good riding, instead your worried about if they completely pull it off cleanly :rolleyes:

He's not bitching. He's just observing. I think it's weird how in every video I've ever seen of Frank doing that combo in contest, it isn't landed. It goes back years too. Just kind of an observation.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 11:07:17 PM »

He's not bitching. He's just observing. I think it's weird how in every video I've ever seen of Frank doing that combo in contest, it isn't landed. It goes back years too. Just kind of an observation.
That's true... not to say that he can't pull it of course, but he always steps off at the very end of his links. It's like he rips through all these hard tricks, but then loses it in a lardyard... I always thought that maybe he just gets dizzy or something at the end of his runs; which would really suck since he obviously loves the spin  ;D In any case, I always loved his solo section in an old issue of flatland manifesto back in the day; I would watch it over and over...
I'm seriously considering ordering the Ares DVD just to see York's true skills... contest footage never does riders justice.

Offline jac_216

• Funky Chicken
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 08:02:29 AM »
 The forums are made for discussion, aren't they? Why expect only positive feedback? Besides, I wasn't criticizing Martin. Martin is perfectly aware of how thankful I am for all the videos that he makes and posts here.

You definitely criticized alot of those riders in your list,to me that is "bitching",& I'm not just referring to your post, there have been many people criticizing riders on here,I mean they do what they do & I'm sure they feel bad after a comp if they haven't performed up to standard but it sure wouldn't help with  onlookers having a go at them saying their runs were crap...

Offline jac_216

• Funky Chicken
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 08:04:15 AM »

well yeah understood, he's still a dope rider though, & I'm sure I have seen him land it..

Offline Flatride

• Deathtrucker
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 08:29:07 AM »

You definitely criticized alot of those riders in your list,to me that is "bitching",& I'm not just referring to your post, there have been many people criticizing riders on here,I mean they do what they do & I'm sure they feel bad after a comp if they haven't performed up to standard but it sure wouldn't help with  onlookers having a go at them saying their runs were crap...

Alright, I get your point. The "Bitching" won't stop though, so live with it.

TJ Perry

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2007, 09:41:54 PM »

Alright, I get your point. The "Bitching" won't stop though, so live with it.

Your membership card is in the mail.

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 04:14:59 AM »
Instead of being fighting, could someone please post the name of the songs? :rolleyes:
All of us riders deserve respect because we have the same passion: flatland BMX. Whether we like it or not, we all have different styles and ways to link tricks.

Offline seppl

• Funky Chicken
    • kunstform?! Flatland BMX Shop
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 03:20:05 PM »
hey guys!

thanks for the feedback. i thought i did not shake too much anymore :angry: 
be aware that the video doesn't show a complete picture of the contest... e.g. spinner did way more crazy stuff. and matti did learn dope new stuff! and sadly, hiro pulled only that one link in the video in his final run. in practice he was so crazy... sh*t!
whatever...

peace out,

seppl
kunstform?!  BMX Shop - Flatlands finest shopping.

Offline Metaphore

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 05:01:42 PM »
Aber Seppl, ich meinest das du keinen Steamroller kannst?!
Haha, that's as far as my German goes  ;D

Your riding in the BITC vid was better imho, I love those crazy crossfooted whiplash pedalhang5 whatnot stuff...
Wasn't there some recent video showing footage (or pics?) of you wearing a pink adidas tshirt I think, on a basketball  court or something.. That was some ill riding I recall, but can't recall what it was precisely. You remember, by any chance?

Offline seb

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2007, 06:50:38 AM »
Sorry for the late answer and not including the songs name in the video, here they are :

Wax tailor - Positively inclined (feat marina quaisse & a.s.m)
from the last album "hope & sorrow"

Wax tailor - House of wax (feat the others)
also from the last album "hope & sorrow"

DJ Shadow - holy calamity
from "In tune and on time"

Offline Flatride

• Deathtrucker
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2007, 08:11:04 AM »
hey guys!

thanks for the feedback. i thought i did not shake too much anymore :angry: 
seppl

Don't give it up, I like that you are shaky, makes you look different from everyone else!  :beer: ;D