Author Topic: King of New York  (Read 7508 times)

News_Bot

King of New York
« on: July 21, 2010, 03:13:42 PM »
Date: 07.08.2010 - 08.08.2010

Bronx, NY – June 16, 2010 – The King of New York BMX and Skateboard action sports event returns for its 16th year on August 7 and 8.  Many of New York City´s top Professional and Amateur BMX and Skateboard athletes will be on hand competing for the King of New York title. Tompkins Square Park at 10th Street and Avenue A in lower Manhattan will host The King of New York unique blend of Street events on Saturday, August 7.  The first ever King of New York Dirt Jump event will take place on Sunday, August 8. The venue for the Dirt Jump jam to be announced soon.

On the first day, Saturday August 7 from 11am to 6pm, King of New York Champions will be named for BMX Street, Skateboard Street, BMX Flatland, Highest Bunnyhop, and Highest Ollie.  The BMX and Skateboard Street events will feature the unique King of New York "building block" format conceived in 2009, where the competition course obstacles and ramps change configuration frequently throughout the day´s events, mimicking a street session where multiple spots are hit on the same day.  During the BMX Flatland events, riders will link various front wheel, back wheel, and bike flipping and spinning tricks together on the ground where the most innovative combinations take the Flatland title.

The second day, Sunday August 8 from noon to 5pm, is when King of New York Champions will be named in Dirt Jumping for BMX and Mountain Bike.  The dirt jumpers will be throwing backflips, 360s, barspins, and numerous limbless high-air variations trying to make it to the end of the downhill course in one piece!  There will also be head-to-head time-trial "drag races" on Sunday.  All of the dirt events will be firsts in the 16-year history of the King of New York.

Sponsors and prizes this year are courtesy of Akademiks, Hoffman Bikes, Sidewall Distribution, Triple 8, Civilian Skateboards, Diamond Back, and Flatland Fuel.  Transworld Ride BMX Magazine will be on hand to document and cover the event.

For more info go to www.kingofnewyorkevent.com.  Direct inquiries can be sent to  info@babybeanpro.com.

Offline DaveDeBuono

• Deathtrucker
Re: King of New York
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 05:14:29 PM »
!
life is short. stunt it.

Offline ijdevil

• Cliffhanger
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 06:22:24 AM »
Please let flatland be on Sunday....I would love to go!!!!

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 06:33:55 AM »
Flat is Saturday...

-Roy
If you are for real, you probably spend enough time on your bike that there's no time left for talking sh*t on message boards.

Of course, if all you do is talk sh*t on message boards, you're probably not as good or as cool as you think you are.

-- McGoo

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 06:46:48 AM »
I like this event's set up...N
RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 08:00:57 AM »
I like this event's set up...N

So take a drive down to NYC...

-Roy
If you are for real, you probably spend enough time on your bike that there's no time left for talking sh*t on message boards.

Of course, if all you do is talk sh*t on message boards, you're probably not as good or as cool as you think you are.

-- McGoo

Budz

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 07:57:04 AM »
stoked!
think a few of us JerZ/PA peeps are gonna meet up in Newark and ride the PATH to 9th st again this year. always an adventure! ^_^

LOU4130

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 07:21:05 AM »
Roy and Budz...I WILL SEE YOU THERE SATURDAY! i FINALLY got a bike...nothing really good at the moment, but its a bike with 4pegs lol. Its a Haro street bike of some sort  it will do for now. see you guys there! :beer: :beer: :mellow:

Budz

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 08:00:03 AM »
Lou, ya made my day bro!
any bike is better than no bike. ;)
see ya out there! :mellow:

Offline david.j

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 10:57:47 PM »
Hi !

I come from france and I live in the connecticut during the summer. What a pity not to have brought my bike in USA  :angry: . I'll still come to the KoNY to watch the flatland contest  :mellow:

Hope to see you guys  !

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 09:04:59 AM »

-- McGoo

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 09:13:41 PM »
Cool so far there are 4 of us coming up from Ma.  :beer:

Offline Andywood

• Hitchhiker
    • My myspace
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 11:27:19 PM »
So I'm going to be in New York from the 9th and by coincidence I'm staying about a block away from Tomkins Square Park at 8th street and Avenue C, which is annoying since I miss the comp by a day.  Do people often ride there?  I'll stroll by one evening and take a look.

Budz

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 12:03:19 AM »
Jeff MCI, Mike Barrett, and a few others session there frequently.
sure someone will be out playin bikes during your stay in NYC.
maybe post in the rider hook up thread and see who around and willing to link up some bike time.

Roy, getcha crew out and ride with Mr Wood! ;)

Offline david.j

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 08:12:18 PM »
I'm looking forward for this event !
I found a trailer there:
http://www.inasectv.com/view_episode.php?id=279